• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 46 - Monastery Murders Welcome to the afterlife

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Bent/meanas talking to his buddies

I can use my heal on either of you. Your actions go through, but none can afect you if I use it on you.

So I, am going to put my provisional on Kess.

If he gets lynched it will go on Fener, unless I gain the kill powerz and lose my own abilities, in which case, Kill Shadow.

Make sense?

I am an evil healer, I keep the 2 of you from getting vigged or found of gaurded. But your actions still go through. Got it? good. Everyone ok with me protecting Kess?

Peanut as D'riss again

You are a Delver. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)
Your partner is Gamelon

You are part of the Monastery's search and rescue team. You have the ability to leave your body to explore the surroundings. An added benefit of your ability is the ability to detect traces of Shaper magic around a person. Monastic protocol dictates that delvers must work in pairs so that someone can watch the body of the active delver. Over the years you have built up an absolute trust with your partner - you know his face and may communicate with him off thread. Once every night you and your partner can choose to investigate one player to look for traces of Shaper Magic.

Should one of you die the remaining player will retain the ability to use your action.

Never played a finder before. And I have D'riss for the second game. Since I won on him last time, maybe he'll bring me luck wink.gif

Haha uber alt hiding as I totally play differently than the spammer of last game. I'll try to make you proud, alt!

More Peanut

Hey D'riss. Looks like we are paired Finders of some description - haven't checked or read up yet on anything.

Will be posting in 12 hours or so - just arrived in teh country 30 minutes ago. Its Gavin here BTW... There will be coding of your name in my first post or two. Will send a message as to how to unravel it to you as well that I suggest you keep for posterity and reveals.

You should code mine as well incase of an untimely death. Who are you?

Hi, Gavin. This is Peanutbutta in my second-in-a-row on D'riss. I'll be less of a spammer this game than last game in an effort to max alt hide from all the people I burned at the end of last game.

I'll code you in quickly and send you a cipher.

Path-Shaper, I want to, for the remainder of this game, allow Gamelon to change the provisional without my confirmation if he desires. I think we're in completely different time zones (I'm GMT-8).

ok noted....

Vengeance
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Seems Bent finally understands how his role works, things are puttering along nicely. Game should heat up a little tomorrow, the first night should be good.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

D'riss with some guesses

Time for my usual string of wrong alt guesses.

Kesso is Breadmaster.
Ampelas is Gem.

Well 50% isn't to bad and he got GEM....Hear that Gemmy someone alted you finally....

Vengeance

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Driss

Here are my first two posts (for ease of reference, I've colored the code letters for you, with the description of the code below):

View PostD'riss, on May 26 2009, 11:49 AM, said:

Damn, late start here! Now I'm taking lunch to catch-up.

View PostD'riss, on May 26 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

Caught-up... auto fellatio? Oooookay... only lets assume half-of-us (or less?) get limited flexibility at hourly careers...

Please keep it SFW for me guys.

To decipher, you need to do the following. Take the first "line" of each post, and take the first letter from each word. Ignore parentheses and any word after the first in a hyphenated sequence. You'll get this:

D L S H N I T L T C C A F O O L A H G L F A H C

Decrypt it with the following alphabet-substitution cipher (bottom-row is the cipher lined up with the alphabet on the top row):
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
LURCHBDEFJKNSTIGMAOPQVWXYZ

Replace the letters and you'll get the following:
G A M E L O N A N D D R I S S A R E P A I R E D
GAMELON AND DRISS ARE PAIRED

The cipher should be hard to crack, it's double-shifted with two words (underlined for emphasis), and the parentheses, hyphens, and two-post nature should keep it impossible to guess for anybody without hours of free time.

#45 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

seems slow, but hopefully the nks etc will draw everyone in.

apologies if absent slightly but its been busy at work and not on much at home.

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 26 2009, 08:12 PM, said:

seems slow, but hopefully the nks etc will draw everyone in.

apologies if absent slightly but its been busy at work and not on much at home.

No worries you haven't missed anything

Vengeance

#47 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hmm, seems to me like an observant killer might spot how unnatural PB's word choice was there...but I guess it doesn't really matter too much, because they won't be able to decode it, and there are tons of roles in play anyhow.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Dead thread is dead....sigh....

I am off for home in a little while. Hopefully someone else will be able to hope on. If not the little buggers can make do with out.

Vengeance

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

I'm back for a bit, then I'm heading to bed.

Alt

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

M45 likes that he's gonna be kept safe

Kessobahn said:

I can use my heal on either of you. Your actions go through, but none can afect you if I use it on you.

If he gets lynched it will go on Fener, unless I gain the kill powerz and lose my own abilities, in which case, Kill Shadow.

Make sense?

I am an evil healer, I keep the 2 of you from getting vigged or found of gaurded. But your actions still go through. Got it? good. Everyone ok with me protecting Kess?

I'm very okay with that. But just so we're clear, you only go every other night?

And Bent and Silencer chatting. Hehe, they're having fun now, they're gonna shit bricks when they realise how strong the inno team is to counter them.

Meanas said:

Make sense?

I'm good with that - and I know how you play, morgoth, because I've modded about half of the games you've ever been involved in! XD
And on that now, how did we get paired again, Bent? O.o
I'll be under the radar for the next two days, then I have more time, including a long weekend. ^^
And yeah, we'll just target whoever works - though always checking in with each other, of course. I'll try and get someone I think who might get healer protection.

- Silencer

Silencer...umm...did we win that game, where we were paired? I have a bad memory, they all run together.

Also, I copied Morgoth45 this, since it appears you didn't lol.

@ Path-Shaper - Being scum is so easy. the sheep say...I dunno what to do!!!! and you say...there there little sheep...let me show you how its done....and the sheep says...wow you are smart...I'll follow you forEVER!!!! and you say...come on little sheep...welcome to my bedroo....shit, I mean...welcome to my sheering place thing...yeah thats it...cause you shear those dirty sheep!

Theres something very wrong with me....wink.gif

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

From Bent, entitled dearest noob telas: Lish cant play much so there's every chance they will be able to.

Meanas said:

My Dearest Noob, Telas

This is sooooo gonna suck for you. I really hate that i have to be a major asshole to you, and I'll try to be as gentle as possible....however....I gotta get you lynched. Maybe not today, but soon. You see, we want to make your time here alot of fun, however, if you aren't willing to pretend that you know whats going on....the old hands will devour you whole. So, I'll do what I can to keep you aroud for a little while, hell, might even make the others appreciate my good nature, but when that ends...you gots to go....

Yours truly,
Bentimux Maximus
Dark Knight of HHM
LLC 2007

Also, I love lamp

And I hope Malaese alt guesses me and vigs the shit out of me. Hes just a little thing you know, would do him some good to get a bad Bent for a change.

If he hadnt drawn out at the last moment there might have been a chance for him to do so :rant:

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

Sixty smells something fishy with Meanas.

Silanah said:

Meanas has a random joke vote after he started to get semi-serious...then promptly removes shortly afterward.

Hmm...

And PB wants to investigate silencer. Let's hope this doesnt end in two days flat O_o

D'riss said:

I'd like to investigate Fener tonight unless you have a better idea, Gamelon.

That alt has been scum or bad news in 3 of my 5 games so call it a random hunch/guess.

Also, he was the first to post and then did the "See you in 14 hours" bit that may be done to hide scummy mistake posts.

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Some thoughts from Shin

Korlat said:

Scumdar doesn't like Shadow for being a little too cool about having 3 votes. Sure, they're joke votes and its 10 to lynch, but in the spamminess of day 1, I would expect some mock indignation of some sort. It's a little too "If I ignore this it'll go away" for me.

Scumdar also doesn't like Liosan supplying the 3rd vote, but his joke reasoning/timing makes that less suspicious.

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

More from Bent

Meanas said:

Provisional confirmed

Thanks.

Soooo...Silencer and M45....We're FUCKED!!!! lol. Nah, With Silencer being quiet, me being loud, and M4 being strange (just kidding!) we should have a pretty solid time.

Being impartial I can only say good luck and have fun :rant:

How do you like the roles?

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

Bent already knows to be scared of what might happen at night

Meanas said:

Provisional confirmed

Thanks.

Soooo...Silencer and M45....We're FUCKED!!!! lol. Nah, With Silencer being quiet, me being loud, and M4 being strange (just kidding!) we should have a pretty solid time.

Being impartial I can only say good luck and have fun smile.gif

How do you like the roles?

Gotta be really honest here...Im scared to death at the amount of roles team inno must have. I mean the 3 of us are really strong, and if I stay alive until end game, then that means that they HAVE to lynch Kess based only on good timing or bad play on his part. I mean, the odds that a finder will do a find on him on my off days are 50-50, but still thats better than 100 percent as long as he lives....like I said, scared as hell!

Anyway, we'll see, I might get vigged tonight or found, but meh, I just play my game, and let the others (innos) play theirs.

Im guessing this is still Venge, hows the marke outlook?

Alt now, but you're forgiven for being confused, my hours are very odd at the moment.

#56 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:09 AM

Bent/Meanas talking to someone about a washer....

Lol, it's a DEFY laundromaid electrologic 650, I'm battling to find a link to it anywhere.

Give me time to find a similar one...I need to see the inside...or I can ask....does the washer have a long cylinder in the center (most do, but I am un-familiar with the brand, being forien)....if so, there should be a cap on top...this pops off and there is a bolt under it...you should be able to remove the cyclinder, giving you access to the bolt that holds the tub (the container that spins). check to see if this is loose, sometimes the tub gets loose, and un-balances, causing the machine to (in effect) tilt(like old pin-ball machines, lol) It may be that the tub is over balancing and re-setting itself....however, Like i said, I am not familiar wit the brand, nor the set-up....but something similar happened to my washer. Only its not electronic, its a standard turn style knob...Im afraid to think of what is happening in the CPU of an electronic machine, and don't dare take a stab at that. Like I said though, I'll keep searcing, but if you find a link, or can take a pic and send it to me, I might be of some help...no promises though.

D'riss/Peanut

Updating my previous alt guess with a less-wrong-but-still-probably-not-right guess.

Kesso is not Breadmaster.
Korlat is Breadmaster

You seem intent on alt-guessing him, I gather you know him from somewhere?

We've known each other for 20 years.

I have a friends like that. I even managed to talk him into playing a game. I alted him after one post.... :rant:

Vengeance

#57 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

back now, will check pathshaper

#58 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

GAMELONS CODE

Ok done my coding as well.

Its in the first two posts. You will need to know my private key for these and that is the number 4.

My first post:

Gamelon said:

Woo finally mananged to make it on. Man thought it was going to be a Modkill but it looks like the game has started late.
Back after I reread up on the last 4 or so pages of what I imagine is spam...

Using the capitals we have: WMB. We know my key is 4. So we will subtract 4 from each of these based on their position in the alphabet to give us my public key. This then gives us the word: SIX.

We now have my public key of six.

Now in my second post:

Gamelon said:

Just caught up with the thread now. Bit surprised by the lack of spam in day 1 and lack of content as well, there's almost nothing out there. Knowing us we'll get a lynch but its starting to look like a hasty one built on thin air and hope. Didn't see anything out there even remotely worth a vote at this time though.
Will be around all the way till the lynch give or take a few breaks.

This gives us the letters: JBKDW. Naturally this spells out the word: DRISS.

I've used my favorite chain block cypher to keep things simple where we use the newly encoded letter to generate the next value rather than just shifting it a little which is amataurish and is more easily broken.

D + 6 = J. We now use our newly encoded value to code the next letter
R + 10 (J) = B.
I + 2 ( = K

I changed the pattern here just in case, I don't like the double SS in D'riss. Now I do the addition on the other side.
K + S(19), but starting at the K position = D
D + S(19) = W.

Thusly JBKDW = DRISS.

driss about korv

Korv had this post:

Why, how scandalous? A naked monk? I can see you!

Looks like a code to me. Probably inno paired.

Game, i'm just speculating, I get everything wrong early game.

I wouldn't say anything about that, don't try and read too much into the early day 1 stuff.

Just look, make a note that you can come back to.

Well DUH. Why do you think I said it in a PM?! Of course I'm not going to say anything out loud.

Goin to bed soon. Don't get lynched

#59 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

korv

I imagine I'm going to be bored tonight. I'm tempted to drink. Let's hope for some thread activity.

Roleless inno. Like two ships passing in the deepest black of the sea at night, our paths have never crossed. I'm excited to try this from this perspective. I'm sure I'll make a fool out of myself, but I don't much care. I can't stand any of you a-holes anyways.

Also, so if somewhat targets me, I can say, "I'm a roleless inno." I'm assuming that means that other people can't, and therefore, we aren't supposed to ask others directly? Can I just claim town to throw other's off of roled town?

#60 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

provisional on fener from driss and gamelon

I'd like to investigate Fener tonight unless you have a better idea, Gamelon.

That alt has been scum or bad news in 3 of my 5 games so call it a random hunch/guess.

Also, he was the first to post and then did the "See you in 14 hours" bit that may be done to hide scummy mistake posts.

I'll confirm the provisional just in case there is a speed lynch, will read the thread and see if anyone else jumps out at me.

I find it incredibly unlikely that see you in 14 hours bit is to hide scummy mistakes though.

Like D'riss I'm happy for him to change the provisional in my absence.

Will sort out the codes soon D'riss, need to work on the second one.

This post has been edited by drinksinbars: 27 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users