• You cannot reply to this topic

Tells It isn't about poker, people.

#1 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Do you know a tell someone has?

Post it here.

The only way for people to get better are to figure out their tells and changing them, or pretending to be other people, which is always fun.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Ment's used to be talking about being in Labs, but I gather now he's finished studying it wont be that easy anymore. Any references to the Ukraine are a big tell though.

I compulsively announce myself everytime I've been away from the thread for a little while. And I start sentences with the words 'Right' and 'So' way too often. Although I'm working on that after Gem's eery impersonation of me the other day.

Timezones are also a good way to tell - I can normally pick out DK and JA since we're all GMT+2.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#3 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

JA has :p as a tell, and usually has one or more 1-line less than serious comments mid-game.
Gem used to employ many different smilies, but has toned it down nowadays.
STD and myself employ french on occassions, but I think we are both suppressing that (same for my use of oki, which was something I think Ment uses as well at times).
Teholbeddict makes wall of text posts with few alineas, and has a love for exclamation points.
Bent writes lol a lot.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

I have no tells whatsoever.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

wat

@Tapper - Tehol dosen't play...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Neither do I.

Christ sake, I've been playing with you for a year and you haven't even noticed me!

#7 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

View PostTapper, on May 6 2009, 10:33 PM, said:

JA has :p as a tell, and usually has one or more 1-line less than serious comments mid-game.
Gem used to employ many different smilies, but has toned it down nowadays.
STD and myself employ french on occassions, but I think we are both suppressing that (same for my use of oki, which was something I think Ment uses as well at times).
Teholbeddict makes wall of text posts with few alineas, and has a love for exclamation points.
Bent writes lol a lot.

The French thing was more of a passing fad really, it's not something I do very often to be honest. I do remember everyone thinking I was you when I pulled it out in my first game though, that was fun :p.

The only one that springs to mind straight off is Masterblue using the emoticons of the form 0_____o (the number of underscores varies, but you know it's him).

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#8 User is offline   J_Slr 

• Acolyte of High House Mafia

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hmmm... not sure if I have any tells, but anyway.

Dkt's tell happens to be a few things, first he can only post from work and being in the same timezone makes this easy to spot, he also uses his phone on occasion. Not things that can be helped of course, but they work for me.

Also, he spells stuff in an interesting manner :p

on another note, my mind has blank as to the name of the person, but someone tends to mention their girlfriend a lot.... :p

This post has been edited by J_Slr: 06 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Telas/Yellow (Mafia 30))
edit - gahhhhhh cross. Someone needs to come up with a new forum tool that flashes up a warning. DANGER! THIS WILL BE A CROSS-POST. YOUR POST WILL LOOK SILLY.

#9 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

I think I inadverdently abuse ...'s and references to class in my posts...but then again, a lot of my posts are made in class so it's difficult not to. :p

#10 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:45 AM

morgo drinks too much and talks in norwegian when drunk, he is also condescending.

bent is easily riled and joins in any pissing contest going threatens to modkill himself (but never does).

veng posts very little (unless it is too opathshaper in pm then he posts loads), very middle of the road in games.

tapper comes across all feminine and womanly :p

dk always talsk about his phone or bad internet, and reads the thread and responds as he goes.

silencer only posts when no one else is on.

i have dyslexic fingers and swear a lot or say mate.

#11 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

View PostJ_Slr, on May 7 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

Hmmm... not sure if I have any tells, but anyway.

Dkt's tell happens to be a few things, first he can only post from work and being in the same timezone makes this easy to spot, he also uses his phone on occasion. Not things that can be helped of course, but they work for me.

Also, he spells stuff in an interesting manner :D

on another note, my mind has blank as to the name of the person, but someone tends to mention their girlfriend a lot.... :p

Hehe, I think that's me. Will happen a lot less since I only see her on weekends now :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#12 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

poor alt - you also always bring up the illiad discussion :p

oh and morgo and ja occassionally talk about their dragon sex experience, least i think it was those two, tapper may have been involved.

#13 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 7 2009, 12:06 PM, said:

oh and morgo and ja occassionally talk about their dragon sex experience, least i think it was those two, tapper may have been involved.

I'm always involved in sexual experiences, even if it is only by association.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#14 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 7 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

morgo drinks too much and talks in norwegian when drunk, he is also condescending.

bent is easily riled and joins in any pissing contest going threatens to modkill himself (but never does).

veng posts very little (unless it is too opathshaper in pm then he posts loads), very middle of the road in games.

tapper comes across all feminine and womanly :p

dk always talsk about his phone or bad internet, and reads the thread and responds as he goes.

silencer only posts when no one else is on.

i have dyslexic fingers and swear a lot or say mate.

This used to be true. Recently I've actually had some interesting discussions with people on at the same time as me - and at the very least, there is Masterblue.
My tell is "I'm just posting to avoid modkill/Just making a quick post before" or similar, followed by "I'll be back in about eight hours"
XD
Seriously, my life revolves around eight hours. :p
And the fact that I am consistantly at the very bottom of the posting charts, and make an excellent killer up until about day four. :D
You will all note, of course, that out of the past four games I've played I actually did stuff in two of them! Which was no doubt shocking to all. ^^

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#15 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

morgo45 is always mentioning his music lessons.

#16 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 7 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

twas GG and I, or so I remember it.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#17 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

oh i, fuck i havent seen gg on in bloody ages, i heard he was so worried by the cult he bought hmself an industrial sized roll of tinfoil and baracded himself in a flat somehwere, safely cocconed behind millimetres of alimunium foil :p

#18 User is offline   Jump Around 

• Weasel

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 7 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

oh i, fuck i havent seen gg on in bloody ages, i heard he was so worried by the cult he bought hmself an industrial sized roll of tinfoil and baracded himself in a flat somehwere, safely cocconed behind millimetres of alimunium foil :p

I concur that I only mention DragonSex to my therapist these days.

GG disappeared after the Culture game. He was pissed because he was NKed in night 1 (needing 2 poison tokens that he got from 2/3 poisoners), and he thought it was because of alt-guessing, when he actually voted for the 2 other leaders during day 1 :p

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

I will take the credit for scaring off GG, shouldn't have picked on our leader :p

I find after a day or two, I can pick, Jump Around, Dibs, DKT, and after 3 or 4 days I have Vengy, Obdi, Sir Thursday, Silencer, Ment, Grief, Bent and sometimes Gem.

If Morgoth has drunk posted I'd have him as well. The rest I'm a bit hit or miss on depending on how the game has gone. I'm not sure what the tells are, just from what they say and their style.

If I haven't picked Dibs and JA after Day 2 I panic as I know they're scum :p

- Gavin
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#20 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

some of us dont try to hide though, i never really do, even as scum, because tells work both ways, you can fufill expectations or defy them depending on which alignment you have.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users