The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#881 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

I drive through the mountains of Vermont every day going to work and pass rock out croppings all time..... I think you all know what goes through mind every fricken time...

#882 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I sneak around in heavy armor. It's silly when they don't notice anything until it's too late and I stop being "subtle".
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#883 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

This going to sound silly, but I am new to PC gaming, and thus I have a question which is also about Skyrim. Do the patches just automactically happen like on the consoles, and if so does it happen through Steam? And if not where do I find said patches. Thank you in advance.

#884 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

Steam updates all your games automatically, Studlock.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#885 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Also Steam will update all your drivers if you ask it to.

In other news:

#886 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

HOLY FUCK, FUCK ALL THE ENEMIES THAT HAVE THE AWESOME DISARM SHOUT.

LIKE, JESUS CHRIST.

OH, MY AWESOME SHIELD AND (not as critical) AWESOME WEAPON ARE ON THE GROUND, SOMEWHERE, IN A 20 METER RADIUS.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#887 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Just turn into a werewolf and show that the sword was the less painful option.

#888 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ooooooh yeeeeah! whatcha gonna do when the power of the Thu'um runs all over you!

* another "King of Sweden" masterpiece

This post has been edited by DrunkstadSantaHammer: 07 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

#889 User is online   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, its annoying. But since they're apparently a part of the storyline if you do the Stormcloak side they're an unkillable character. The same way the Legion would be after you complete the Stormcloak side.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#890 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#891 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

I haven't completed the Stormcloak's or the Emperial's quests because I'm not sure what is the best option. What should I do? What choice have most of you have chosen?
- - - - -
Here is another Macho Man dragon . . . . you hear Macho Man a lot more clearly in this one (even with the disco Village People music).

#892 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

I hate the Thalmor for being mer racial supremicists and outlawing Talos worship just because he handed them their racist arses last time they tried to rise. Also, dicks that they are they're trying to claim that they closed/had a big hand in closing the Oblivion gates. FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO TAKE MY OLD CHARACTER'S GLORY! Also, seriously? Who tries to argue with the Elder Scrolls? Arrogant twats.

Having said all that:
The Stormcloaks want the Thalmor out, and they want to secede because the Empire won't (in reality, can't) uphold their right to Talos worship. However, there's apparently a strong isolationist movement amongst the Stormcloaks, which is counter productive to my desire to rid Tamriel of the Thalmor. And the fact that they could make a good fight out of it if they allied with Hammerfell.
On the other side of it, the Empire are in a cold war with Thalmor, and also want them out. So allowing Skyrim to secede would weaken it further, which would not help against the Thalmor. Keeping that in mind though, they are already kinda fucked, they had to kick Hammerfell out of the empire to keep their truce (which has bred bad blood from the Redguard), Thalmor agents have the right to roam their lands and the Septim line is dead. Maybe it's time to start a new empire.

So my end vote is... I dunno ^_^ I haven't really gotten far into the game yet.

Where's the new Madgod when you need her eh? Her descendant could use her help. An army of daedra to back up the forces of the Stormcloaks and the remnants of the Empire purged of the Thalmor, now united under her descendant's command and allied with Hammerfell against the Aldmeri Dominion. Success would be assured!
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#893 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

And the Stormcloaks are racist twats that would put my Elf and Orc characters in locked camps given the choice.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#894 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Blackreach > *
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#895 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Don't eat any meat sold in Markarth.

#896 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 January 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Holy fuck! How could I have played over 142 hrs of Skyrim and never been to the brillance of Markarth until just now? This city easily tops Solitude as the best imo! Fucking goregous eyecandy of a city...

That is a long time to go without a visit at least. I thought it was really murky and depressing when I went, but it was probably just the bad weather, and the fact that lots of people were trying to kill me at the time.

I just had a fight with two elder dragons, which attacked me at the same time. Although, I didn't get the dragon soul from one of them, it just lay there and didn't dissolve - can you only get one per location, even if the dragon respawns?

I just got a house in Riften, to go with my Whiterun and Solitude places. It's pretty small but at least it's somewhere else to store loot while I do the thief missions.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#897 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can't go back to Markarth. If I do I will be arrested and forced to work in Cidna mine (this after I purchased Vlindrel Hall and pimped it out! Posted Image). Is there a way to circumvent this quest thread? (it is a part of a quest, right?)

#898 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostDrunkstadSantaHammer, on 10 January 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I can't go back to Markarth. If I do I will be arrested and forced to work in Cidna mine (this after I purchased Vlindrel Hall and pimped it out! Posted Image). Is there a way to circumvent this quest thread? (it is a part of a quest, right?)

It can actually be really short, if you want to just get it over with. You get all your stuff back too. Don't know if there's a way to circumvent it thou, sorry.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#899 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Just do the quest, it's worth it.

#900 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

So over the last 2 days ive done the Thieves Guild (meh) and im about to finish the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Im really struggling for a place to sell my stuff tbh. Not stolen goods just stuff in general.

Also: will I ever need a Daedric artifact (like in Oblivion) to sacrifice and what city does everyone use as a base of operations?

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users