• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#621 User is offline   DeuceDrizzle 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

I am not sure if I completely understand the equipment "sets" that you can hotkey to the left and right buttons on the d-pad. The way I have been using it, I can assign one object to the left button on the d-pad, which when clicked brings that item up in my left hand. The same goes for the right button and right hand. Can you actually make it so that you have an equipment "set" assigned to the left and right buttons on the d-pad? For example, can you assign a healing spell to the left hand and a sword to the right hand as "set 1" on the left button? That way when you click the left button it switches both hands as opposed to only switching what is in the left hand?

I am not sure if I am doing a good job explaining what I am asking about, but I would really like to know if this is possible.

#622 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

I get what you're asking and quite frankly, I don't think there is a way to do that. Which is annoying me tremendously.

Have faith in the modders!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#623 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Having tons of fun playing a sword-and-board warrior at the moment, thinking of starring a concurrent game as a mage though, maybe do Stormcloak instead of Legion this time (by the by, the Imperial Legion armor looks AWESOME. Shame it's not all that great).

My question is what differences do the races make? Is it just starting skills and the race-born skill that is different?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#624 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

DeuceDrizzle, on 18 November 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

I am not sure if I completely understand the equipment "sets" that you can hotkey to the left and right buttons on the d-pad. The way I have been using it, I can assign one object to the left button on the d-pad, which when clicked brings that item up in my left hand. The same goes for the right button and right hand. Can you actually make it so that you have an equipment "set" assigned to the left and right buttons on the d-pad? For example, can you assign a healing spell to the left hand and a sword to the right hand as "set 1" on the left button? That way when you click the left button it switches both hands as opposed to only switching what is in the left hand?

I am not sure if I am doing a good job explaining what I am asking about, but I would really like to know if this is possible.

If I have a sword in my right hand, and a spell in the other, when I want my bow I push up on the D-pad, and choose it from the favorites... then when I re-pick my sword from the list, the sword and spell come back together as a set. Not sure if that's what you mean? If if I have a set, then change to something else, when I re-pick one of the set I was using before the other side comes back too. I didn't know you could use the left and right on the D-pad...

Had a great fight with a Dragon in a stow storm last night - the snow was so thick I only saw it (and felt it) when it thumped to the ground right next to me out of the blizzard. The dragons so far have been easy to kill, but I love to see them swooping around, fighting with giants and anything else nearby, and I like the way they chase you on the ground if you try to hide.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#625 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

I still can't install it. *sob* Have fired off an email to Bethesda support, and tried deleting the local files and redownloading, hoping there might have been an update. No joy. In between which, I've reinstalled Windows 7 due to getting a replacement SSD, and even a fresh install failed to get Skyrim working. And now I've lost all my progress from running the executable directly. WHY, BETHESDA, WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO??!?!
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#626 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

MTS, on 19 November 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

My question is what differences do the races make? Is it just starting skills and the race-born skill that is different?

Pretty much. Passive asbilities / resistances and active skill. Much less variation than in previous games.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#627 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

I can't find the fireball spell anywhere, any ideas?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#628 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Briar King, on 19 November 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

The Mage Advisor in Whiterun sells it to you.

ANyone know why my POV angle would change? I use 3rd person free running and as always yall know its a wide view with your character in the middle, well something happened last night and now in 3rd per the camera is just over my right shoulder and the view is now severly limited compared to what it was and I cant get it to change back. I dont even remembr changing it, it just DID it. Ive went into the control menu and no help there. GOt any suggestions?

isn't that just the different views you get with your weapons readied vs. not ready? or does it do this even when you pull out a weapon?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#629 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

It's always been over my right shoulder when I have my weapon sheathed and it goes into the wider view when I draw my weapon.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#630 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

camera range. fix = mouse wheel.

#631 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

My brother got Skyrim, which, by proxy, means that I got Skyrim!
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#632 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

My favorite NPC saying.

Guard- "Let me guess..somebody stole your sweet roll...?"
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#633 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

My LEAST favourite guard saying (because it's ridiculous): "Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"

I mean...WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!??!?! Worst. Assassin. EVER. :) And they *still* don't let me get away with murder. Those bastards. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#634 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Minhasing Bheget, on 19 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Briar King, on 19 November 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

The Mage Advisor in Whiterun sells it to you.

ANyone know why my POV angle would change? I use 3rd person free running and as always yall know its a wide view with your character in the middle, well something happened last night and now in 3rd per the camera is just over my right shoulder and the view is now severly limited compared to what it was and I cant get it to change back. I dont even remembr changing it, it just DID it. Ive went into the control menu and no help there. GOt any suggestions?

isn't that just the different views you get with your weapons readied vs. not ready? or does it do this even when you pull out a weapon?

Yup, ^^ this.

Don't worry BK, I had a similar (what the heck is going on) moment myself, and realized it was a weapon-out VS weapon-away POV built into the game.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#635 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

Silencer, on 19 November 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

My LEAST favourite guard saying (because it's ridiculous): "Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"

I mean...WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!??!?! Worst. Assassin. EVER. :) And they *still* don't let me get away with murder. Those bastards. XD

Thats hilarious.

But i did the "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" quest. Posted Image

Thats for the next play through.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#636 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

Briar King, on 21 November 2011 - 04:43 AM, said:

Does anyone own a horse?

I have had a couple, yes. I seem to leave them places and wander off, completely forgetting about them, so I have stopped getting them.

Finally got smithing up to 90, and read how people get the stupid-dumb weapons. apparently you can make a potion of + enchanting, then enchant gear with + alchemy, then make a better potion of +enchanting, then enchant gear with better + alchemy, repeat, and then when you are ready, take that last + ench pot, enchant gear with + smith, and then use that old +alch gear to make +smith pot, combine, craft gear.

Apparently you can spend a couple hours doing it and end up with a bow with base damage of 1000+...

Killed a dragon, could not absorb his soul. Twas odd. I have to say that I really like how the Ebony 2h Axe looks. I wouldn't mind owning one of those for real :)

Tomorrow I'm going to work on getting more Ebony Ore, and then getting some Daedra Hearts, the problem is deciding between the 2H Sword, Axe, and Warhammer, since they all look amazing. Should probably go sword since I named by Orc Icarium. :)

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 21 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#637 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

Briar King, on 21 November 2011 - 04:43 AM, said:

Does anyone own a horse?

I usually just stole one from a nearby city if I needed one, until I got Shadowmere, which can't die and can sprint for minutes.
In any case, finished with my stealther, level 51, got all the achievements bar three. Rolled an Imperial now, focusing on Heavy Armor, Block, One-handed, Smithing and Speech. Not that strong so far, but fun nonetheless - I'm getting the hang of using the shield bash properly. It uses extreme amounts of stamina though.
Also, fuck spriggans. Seriously.

#638 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

Which 3 achieves did you not get? 100k gold and...?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#639 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

100k Gold, restoring Thieves Guild to it's former glory (vendored my thieves guild armor and cba to look where) and finding the 13 stones.

#640 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

I've levelled my dual wielder to level 30 or thereabouts, and while doing very decent damage with some nice enchanted stuff, my one-handed weapons skill levels really, really slowly - it's at 60. Part of it is because I levelled smithing to 100 and enchanting to 75 and gained a fair few levels out of combat, but when I compare how fast Heavy Armor increases, it is somewhat surreal. Maybe I've become a bit too good at killing stuff.

I also realized that I'm too late in trying to level Sneak to be able to tackle the Thieves' Guild and DB quests in style. Even mud crabs notice me from a mile away, so that's not going to work... sure, you can probably tackle them all brutishly instead of stealthily, but... I really wanted the dual-wielder to be my do-everything-character, but that now seems impossible.

So I rolled an Imperial mage-thief who will specialize in Sneak, Destruction (frost), Restoration, Illusion, Speech and perhaps alchemy or Light Armor (for the crazy boss-battles you can't sneak up on).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users