• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#601 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostObdigore, on 17 November 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

Just choose one thing to do, and then go do it. Do some shouts, go see the greybeard leader and get his word thing, then clear up 2 words and then do a couple more misc quests. Level smithing when you some mats to do so, like when you come back from wilderness adventures, spend all the mats you have leveling it, then go sell the rest and move on.

Yes boss.

Indeed, I think I shall furnish my house, find some shouts and then clear up my journal before accepting new quests.

I also haven't been anywhere in the southwest, so it'll be interesting to get around to exploring those areas.

EDIT:

@Messremb:

Hum, thanks. Either I missed it before, or I didn't go far enough; I'll try again.

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 17 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#602 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

View PostJade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast, on 17 November 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Just choose one thing to do, and then go do it. Do some shouts, go see the greybeard leader and get his word thing, then clear up 2 words and then do a couple more misc quests. Level smithing when you some mats to do so, like when you come back from wilderness adventures, spend all the mats you have leveling it, then go sell the rest and move on.

Yes boss.

Don't you forget it. Now go get 'em, Tiger!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#603 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostObdigore, on 17 November 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yes boss.

Rawr!

(Don't you mean 'saber tiger'?)

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#604 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostJade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast, on 17 November 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 17 November 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yes boss.

Rawr!

(Don't you mean 'saber tiger'?)

Frost Troll!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#605 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

I got mauled by a bear yesterday, actually. That was a bit annoying and unexpected.

Anyway, you're all a bad influence -- I'm supposed to be working!

#606 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Did you turn into a werewolf and maul the bear back? That seems like a good solution :)

#607 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

werewolf is awesome - especially the part where you actually have a way to heal yourself and fuel your rampage.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#608 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

I didn't. How do you actually become one?

#609 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Joine the companions, they'll offer up before too soon.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#610 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

I got the offer to join the companions on the way to Jarl town.

Dunno if I'm going to. I'm kinda going for the whole mage bit and they seem a little uppity to me.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#611 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostJade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast, on 17 November 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Nah, I do want to go out, only I DO want to play skyrim as well!

Does anyone know where the mine southeast of winterhold is? I was looking for it yesterday but never found it; instead I find a bloke who cured me of a disease I never even knew I had!

The only 'problem' with the game is that there's so much I want to do and I can't decide what order to do it all in! I want to do the DB quests, but I want to get some of the ones I already have out the way first...and I want to level smithing, and I want to level my magery stuff and I want to level my sneak skills and I want to find more shouts and-- OH GOD, SO MUCH CHOICE!

There is one near Windrun, there is an Orc encampment named Nazelburr or something that backs onto a mine that is filled with mostly ebony ore, though it has a lot of gold and some silver and orachilum as well. There is a wooden bridge at the far end of the camp that has a smithy at the end, the mine is just up the trail to the left.

I believe Whistling mine is the one near Winterhold and is on my map as a location discovered now but for the life of me I can't remember exactly where it is (at work, can't find it now), though I DID find it when I was searching for Azura's Statue so it is relatively CLOSE to Winterhold at any rate. I believe it is pretty much just south and along the trail leading out from Winterhold.

That said, I did the Azura's Star quest

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#612 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Just finished the Imperial Legion quest line. It was pretty awesome and storming Stomcloak forts alongisde Legion troops never get's old. The final battle was also pretty fun and General Tullius gets points for leading from the front with a bow in hand. There may be a second war with the Dominion over the horizon since Tullius can't stand them and thinks the peace won't last long.

My main problem with the rebels was that they were a bunch of nationalistic idiots (Skyrim for the Nords only). They don't realize they are weakening the Empire and Skyrim and making it easier for the Thalmor to take over.

The wildlife is dangerous in this game. I stumbled across a hunter's camp and there were two dead hunters and an angry saber tooth there. Also I had a mission to intercept a Stormcloak messenger but when I got to him he'd already been killed by wolves.

Today when I went to Dawnstar I notice the Legion trooper nearest the town edge draw his bow and when I turn around I see a dragon fighting a giant and a frost troll. Both the trooper and me just watched that insane fight (which the dragon won) and then ducked when it decided to torch Dawnstar. Lots of arrows later the dragon soul was mine but I did notice the Khajit camp was now empty ... and it was near the place the dragon strafed us. I love this game.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#613 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Just killed me a vampire master. That bastard was tough to get down, but soon I shall be a Thane of Morthal. Not that there's anything in that village that I particularly want, but a second companion would be good.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#614 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

THEY ARE FUCKING WORSE THAN TWILIGHT. DO NOT GO NEAR. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Not only do they trample all over the fucking lore like there's no tomorrow, they're terribly written and have useless, annoying characters and crap plotlines. Seriously, don't even bother.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#615 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

View PostBriar King, on 18 November 2011 - 03:42 AM, said:

Shit really? Keyes is usually a good author.

Meh. His stuff starts pretty good, but then he does not develop his ideas well and the lack of good writing starts to shine through. At least that is what I though of his 4-book series. (I realize your name is from it so you probably have a different opinion :))

#616 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

View PostGarak, on 17 November 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

My main problem with the rebels was that they were a bunch of nationalistic idiots (Skyrim for the Nords only). They don't realize they are weakening the Empire and Skyrim and making it easier for the Thalmor to take over.

The Empire is already bending over for Thalmor like good little bitches. A dying, broken Empire that has betrayed it's subjects by agreeing to stamp out Talos worship and leaving Hammerfell to fare for itself. The Empire that couldn't stop the double entrende of Morrowind from Black Marsh and Skyrim. The Empire that turned it's back on Valenwood and Elsweyr. The Thalmor have already taken over, Garak.
Talos is probably spinning in his grave looking at what the Cyrodiils did to his Empire.

#617 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Sweet Jesus, why won't everyone just STOP KILLING MY DAMNED HORSES!

EDIT: The Imperials tried to cut my head off -- that's a good enough reason to mistrust them, for me.

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 18 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

#618 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hmmm I just noticed there is not different achievements for doing legion and stormcloaks, so I didn't have to restart.

Too bad I'm having so much fun being a giant angry orc warrior I'm just going to keep playing him. Working on my stealth skills too. Sneaky Sneaky ARROW TO THE FACE. Then they charge me and out comes the GIANT AXE OF DOOM.

Does the axe the companions give you scale with your level? Because it was slightly better than the steel axe I was using, then 3 levels later I crafted a dwarven battleaxe, and exceptionalize it, and that Companion Axe is still slightly better...

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 18 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

#619 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

I'm loving the sneaky sneaky SLIT YOUR THROAT WHILE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING -- PAY MORE ATTENTION, DICK! method.

#620 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

I haven't played in two days.

The withdrawal is setting in now...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users