• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#1001 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postchamp, on 03 February 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

anyone came across the headless horseman? whats his crack? he was just floating around on my game...

He's an easter egg, nothing more, it seems.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1002 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I have around 6 masks now, including the one from the end of the main quest. Mostly picked up by checking the map to see which locations weren't cleared, as at the time I was too underpowered to take them on. (The site of the Mask wall is Labyrinthian, where the wooden mask is found too). I just need to find some more ruins to get the last few.

I can't really be bothered with loads of little thief quests either, I just wanted to complete it. I'm leaving all sorts of expensive loot in dungeons now, simply because I don't need it. Also I read that sum of these are not possible after the civil war ones.. not sure if that's true though.

I've now maxed Smithing and Enchanting, also Sneak and Lockpicking although I haven't put any perks on the last two. And, although I use archery loads, I only bothered investing in it until I got the 'double damage' perk - most of the others don't seem necessary; being able to get a critical hit or a chance to paralyse aren't really worth spending points on. There are a lot of perks that become a bit obselete if you have good enchanting skills.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1003 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

A few screen caps.....

Attached File  2012-02-04_00003.jpg (233.89K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  2012-02-04_00002.jpg (316.2K)

Attached File  2012-02-04_00001.jpg (311.69K)

Attached File  2012-02-04_00005.jpg (237.26K)

Attached File  2012-02-04_00006.jpg (273.16K)

Attached File  2012-02-04_00007.jpg (286.83K)

#1004 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 02 February 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

I did the Barbus quest already, sent him back to his master because he was annoying, and not a real dog.

Ah well, you can buy the killable one from the stable guy outside, erm, Markarth
Victory is mine!

#1005 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

So after 105 hours plus that 20 hour file I lost ive done the main quest, 4 guilds and the Civil War plotline. Ivegot the best of the dragon masks and will still have a dungeon trawling session every now and again but I think im done with it. Absolutely brilliant game and I will probably become a mage and do it all again at some point.

Still an excellent game.

#1006 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I'm not far off that now. After around 120 hours, I've only got the Civil War quest left to finish. Well, I didn't finish the thieves guild completely, as all that's left are lots of little quests that I can't really be bothered with right now. Also, even on Master I'm still kicking the ass off everything I meet, which is fun but not really as challenging as earlier stages in the game.

I'll come back to it later though, just to mop up and check out all the bits I missed. I don't know about a different character though - I started out in this game with a ton of magic and archery skills, and when I got bored with spells I put more into stamina and used one-handed instead. Which leaves heavy/blocking type, which I'm not too fussed about.

Anyhoo, really good game, looking forward to ME3 now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1007 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Only put 20 hours on the mage file before it got glitched so It would still be fresh for me. Did the entire game with a bow and sneak this time round, using poisons, cutting throats etc. Completely different to how I usually playand very entertaining. A mage file would be fresh for me so I look forward to it eventually ofc. Did the main quest and the Thieves Guild and I think the DB before I put it onto Master difficulty, though with the stealth style of play it usually ends up with me using more expensive arrows to stealthily one shot them. Still the dragon fights on Master are interesting as ive only got light armour and get killed really easily.

I also couldnt be arsed doing that thieves guild to former glory section. While I know others found it enjoyable I was a bit meh with the idea.

Might get myself to level 50 now and then think about getting on a mage file. This will inevitably take another 100 hours off me

EDIT- actually I got Dues Ex: Human Revolution for xmas and another FF style RPG so might give them a go before the mage file starts. Im unsure if I can make spells on Skyim but im fairly certain you cant, meaning they level up in a similar way to one handed, archery etc where the spell damage goes up rather than allowing you access to new spells.

This post has been edited by tiam: 06 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

#1008 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Holy spine shiver! I just entered the Dark Brother Sanctuary! I listened in on the conversations. Oh sweet, innocent Babette. Whatever you do, don't offer to buy her candy!

#1009 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

No, you can't make spells, you just find them in books. Kinda why I got a bit bored with it really - lots of spells just aren't really necessary, and why carry round a bunch of staffs with you for different spells? I just took a bow and sword that dealt magic damage to deal with any mages. Chain Lightning is quite fun though I guess, and the runes are useful early on to lure things over.

I'm now on level 49, been playing on Master for a while (in Light armor) but can still bring dragons down in about a minute.. most things can be taken down with Slow Time, followed by a few arrows. I did this to a big uber-dragon priest - he rose up out of his sarcophagus, and I used Slow and then sent several ebony arrows into him. He fell back into his sarcophagus without even seeing me.

#1010 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Creation kit is out. There's some interesting stuff up even in the first couple hours.

#1011 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostTrull, on 07 February 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Creation kit is out. There's some interesting stuff up even in the first couple hours.

It's live! How exciting.

I'm anticipating a Skyrim rendition of Better Cities. :unsure:
If I look back, I am lost.

#1012 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

For anyone still playing Morrowind, I just released the ultimate edition of my old mod Muffinwind, available here. I'm finally quite proud of how it's turned out!

Looking forward to playing around with the Skyjimbob creation kit as well.

#1013 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Make yourself a viking space helmet.

#1014 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Members of Behesda have been making mods for Skyrim. Some of them are really good. My favorites are the seasonal changes and the water-flow. And those kill animations for magic and bows.

#1015 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Safe to say, pretty much ALL OF THAT should be in the game... :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#1016 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Indeed, it probably should. :D

It doesn't bother me too much though, the game's malleable by makeup (the PC version is at least). If it's not perfect on initial release, I'm not fussed at all, for the process of making it perfect myself not only feels satisfying, but productive also.
I rather like the idea of the team having random free-for-alls and creating mods. I just hope they release it as free content. But then again, if they don't, that's their decision, which they - as the creators - have a right to make.

I wish they had created additional kill animations, something akin to the smooth flourishes of execution I've seen exhibited in Assassin's Creed. Appendage dismemberment would also be amusing, which forces me to reminisce on Deadly Reflex for Oblivion...

#1017 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Oh I have no doubt that, Bethesda or otherwise, that content will become available for PC at some point. Especially now that they've showcased it to the world. XD

Same thing with Deadly Reflexes - someone will do a port/remake for Skyrim. The new toolset looks mighty slick, and I know that there are already massive projects that have started (the Beyond Skyrim colab, for projects recreating other provinces, as well as the sequel to the only-just-released Dark Brotherhood Chronicles) which probably won't be completed for a while yet. The more mechanics-based modifications are likely already in full swing. :D Hell, Oblivion XP's Skyrim rendition is already being sorted out too. It's the beauty of Bethesda games, that almost anything is possible, and indeed encouraged by the developer, for the masses to make. I was speaking more along the lines of "this stuff is so awesome, it NEEDS to be in there NOW", just fyi. :D

Ah, if only I owned this game on PC. Ah well, give it half a year and I will. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#1018 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I wasn't aware that DB Chronicles for Oblivion was finished! Thank you! :D
And that project you mentioned: Beyond Skyrim, sounds very intriguing. I would love the opportunity to visit Cyrodiil, as strange as that sounds, if only to see how modders (who presumably would adhere to the lore) render the area 200 years later.

Alas, I won't be playing Skyrim for a very long time, not until I've got all my new computer components; which I've calculated according to my wages a year and a half away. But I love being able to sit back for a while and watch the modding scene unfold and develop. Like you, I can't wait to finally dig in. :D

EDIT - I just noticed a very nice little detail in the video. Watch for when the 'fat giant' first makes his appearance, see how the tree shudders from his path. I wonder if the trees will behave that way if you hit it with a shout, or a spell...

This post has been edited by SylvanShade: 11 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

#1019 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ah, yes, I meant to post an something in this thread about DBC when it released, but it was pretty much Skyrim time as far as the forum was concerned, so... XD But yeah, finished save for some final VA work, and released a couple of months ago. It got File of the Month on Nexus for December (no surprise, really, given it's one of the last 'big' mods out there to release). :D

But the second part...well, ideas are being mooted, at least. It probably won't be finished before you get to Skyrim, though. XD

Beyond Skyrim is really just a broad term for several separate groups who are each working on a province mod, but intend to co-ordinate to allow sharing of resources and some consistency as well as compatibility. They're going to be using a single heightmap, too, I believe, which is really going to help with that compatibility aspect. :D Can't wait for them all to be released, but I imagine they too will take quite some time to complete, heh.

Shinrei said:

#1020 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Are BS related to the Tamriel Rebuilt team at all, or are they finally sticking to one engine?

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

55 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 55 guests, 0 anonymous users