• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 June 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 08 June 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Sean Astin talks Goonies sequel.

http://www.ora.tv/po...-0_3d36hd3uhxfm

I can only say, please dont.

Leave this childhood perfection alone. I give you a 3.7% chance of you making something that adds to the Goonies in a meaningful way and isnt just a garbage cashgrab.

Also, I've seen proof that GOONIES doesn't fly with anyone who MISSED it as a child and watched it the first time as adults. Those who did that I find really don't like it. It's definitely a thing of its time, and should be left alone. I honestly don't even know what a long sequel would look like storywise...I mean yeah you could have the old cast as adults passing the torch to new Goonies...but it would never be the same. There isn't much more storytelling to be had in the goondocks...unless there is some other connected town mystery...which would seem contrived.

It's a standalone story, no sequel required! I remember hiring the vhs for my birthday whenever the hell it came out. I even had the book, which I'm sure had a much greater emphasis on the fact that Mikey was a direct decendent of or even reincarnation of the pirate - which is how he knows about certain traps like the final one.

Whatever happened to trying to make a movie that isn't a sequel, reboot, or comic adaptation?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#8102 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

I hope they make it a cinematic universe.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8103 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

Battlestar Galactica movie updates!

http://variety.com/2...sal-1201792709/

GIggity.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8104 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

That's your only note on the movie?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#8105 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

Glad you dug it, there are 18 more eps fr the second half of the first season...we just have to wait for them as they are still airing in Japan.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8106 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:51 AM

I saw creed and man from uncle. Both good.
Error: Signature not valid

#8107 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:44 AM

This is just a teaser so it's impossible to say whether this will be a run of the mill biopic or not (odds are it will be I suppose), but the dude they got playing Tupac is pretty much as spot on as you can get.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8108 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Not gonna lie, this looks funny.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8109 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Yeah I can't wait. Ricky Gervais is a douche but I love the original Office and I can't wait for the movie!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8110 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:01 AM

Hells....yes...
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8111 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:17 PM

If a movie ever deserved a sequel it's this:

http://bloody-disgus...-get-hopes-yet/

Can't believe I missed this in theaters..
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#8112 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

I'm watching Eye in the Sky with Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman and Aaron Paul. It's a movie where they are debating the ethics of an immediate drone strike on terrorists versus waiting and possibly losing them.

Pretty damn intense.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#8113 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

Say what one will about the source material (this book was badly written enough that I didn't finish it), but Ron Howard knows EXACTLY how to shoot these global conspiracy adventure thrillers and make them look GORGEOUS.

Also, Irfan Khan is in this one? Awesome!

Oh, but why does Hanks get named billing in the trailer and not Felicity Jones? I think they may feel sheepish about not pumping her presence up in the marketing after ROGUE ONE comes out and makes her as household a name as Jennifer Lawrence.

Anyways, I'll see this because I'm a glutton for punishment apparently.

#8114 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

I really, really think that that looks stupid, not well thought out and just utterly like the same boring tripe we've seen over and over again.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#8115 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 23 June 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

I really, really think that that looks stupid, not well thought out and just utterly like the same boring tripe we've seen over and over again.

It does look stupid. But Ron Howard knows how to get me into the theatre seat with his imagery and deft hand at direction.

#8116 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:41 AM

Watched CREED, which was absolutely amazing. I was super impressed with the acting and directing...in fact knowing that Ryan Coogler is directing the Black Panther movie after watching this makes me even more stoked for it. Great flick.

And watched PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES which was not only BETTER than I thought it was going to be, but was pretty damned amazing! Loved every second.

#8117 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 June 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

And watched PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES which was not only BETTER than I thought it was going to be, but was pretty damned amazing! Loved every second.

Does this mean that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter might be interesting to look up as well?

#8118 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostApt, on 27 June 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Does this mean that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter might be interesting to look up as well?

I had that exact thought after watching...BUT I will note that my love for actual PRIDE & PREJUDICE may have helped my enjoyment here of the mashup (though they cut Darcy's best moment from the original story, the "you've bewitched me body and soul" speech...which disappointed me). And the fact that they are different directors...but it's possible.

That said, ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER was enough of a success book-wise that Graham-Smith wrote a sequel to it which time jumps to WWII I think?

#8119 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

I've seen this. It's kind of boring, yet not horribly done. Bekmambetov doesn't elevate it to "enjoyable trash", but does have a couple decent action scenes.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#8120 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Postamphibian, on 27 June 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

I've seen this. It's kind of boring, yet not horribly done. Bekmambetov doesn't elevate it to "enjoyable trash", but does have a couple decent action scenes.

Cool, I'll wait till it rolls up on Netflix then. I like Bekmambetov's work and he seems a good fit for this type of narrative with the Night Watch stuff under his belt.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users