• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#7861 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:36 AM

Ex Machina is really good - even if one doesn't think it's the greatest. I look forwards to your take on it.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#7862 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

This looks oddly funny. In a "heh those silly movie makers what will they think of next" sort of way. Watching it I had this dawning realization that I have reached the age where I am on the "adults" side of this dispute. I mean seriously, it's a school night. They should be studying.

#7863 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostApt, on 19 January 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

This looks oddly funny. In a "heh those silly movie makers what will they think of next" sort of way. Watching it I had this dawning realization that I have reached the age where I am on the "adults" side of this dispute. I mean seriously, it's a school night. They should be studying.

I'm impressed that someone thought the "booby trap throws Seth Rogen against a wall" gag was worth revisiting.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7864 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

yeah that gag was ruined for me because they showed it in the trailers for the first one.
hence me not watching that trailer.

*casts summon angry apt*

#7865 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:19 AM

Where did the evil trailer makers touch you, Macros? Can you show us on the doll?

#7866 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

EVERYWHERE

#7867 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

Saw TOMMOROWLAND finally, and enjoyed it. It's nothing amazing mind you, but a fun flick with a decent message about optmism.

Which is weird, cause it flopped so hard.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7868 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:59 AM

A roundup:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Pretty good, you all know this already.

It Follows: Quite awesome...simple, effective horror that almost totally avoids cheap scares.

22 Jump Street: On par with the first one. Goofy fun with several lol moments.

Mr. Holmes: Not an essential masterpiece or anything, but it does what it does well. Gently entertaining.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7869 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

Finally saw Gravity last night, what a great, tense film. Never been a massive fan of Sandra Bullock but she absolutely nailed it in this film.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7870 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 January 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Finally saw Gravity last night, what a great, tense film. Never been a massive fan of Sandra Bullock but she absolutely nailed it in this film.

Tiste, in case you've not seen it yet...here is the short film ANINGAAQ which shows the other half of the conversation Bullock has while in space that she can't understand due to a language barrier, shot by the directors brother.

#7871 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Tiste, in case you've not seen it yet...here is the short film ANINGAAQ which shows the other half of the conversation Bullock has while in space that she can't understand due to a language barrier, shot by the directors brother.

Wow that was pretty emotional too! What language was that they were speaking? Some kind of Inuit?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7872 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 January 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Wow that was pretty emotional too! What language was that they were speaking? Some kind of Inuit?

I googled it. Turns out it's the Greenland Inuit language.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

#7873 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:03 PM

As is my wont for movies, I've only just watched Terminator Genisys. Surprisingly less awful than it had been made out to be, and while the subtitle is dumb as fuck the fact that it was a reference to marketing in the 2010s made it make considerably more sense. Still dumb, but not as monumentally dumb as the fucking main villain reveal in the trailer, holy shit the Hollywood suits don't know a damn thing
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#7874 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 25 January 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

As is my wont for movies, I've only just watched Terminator Genisys. Surprisingly less awful than it had been made out to be, and while the subtitle is dumb as fuck the fact that it was a reference to marketing in the 2010s made it make considerably more sense. Still dumb, but not as monumentally dumb as the fucking main villain reveal in the trailer, holy shit the Hollywood suits don't know a damn thing

Yeah, that was boneheaded and the Director not-so-subtly let it be known that he fought Paramount suits HARD to keep that as a twist secret for in-theatre reveal...but apparently they trumped him in the end...which I agree just shows that Hollywood Suits and moneypushers don't have the first fucking clue.

#7875 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:28 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yeah, that was boneheaded and the Director not-so-subtly let it be known that he fought Paramount suits HARD to keep that as a twist secret for in-theatre reveal...but apparently they trumped him in the end...which I agree just shows that Hollywood Suits and moneypushers don't have the first fucking clue.

So better or worse than Terminator Salvation?

#7876 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostAndorion, on 26 January 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

So better or worse than Terminator Salvation?

I'm in the boat that Salvation wasn't as bad as people claim it is. But Genisys is still much better.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#7877 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

I just saw the Revenant, and that was... intense.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#7878 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

Watched "Big" tonight. Tom Hanks.

Elizabeth Perkins character would have been seriously screwed up given the plot. "I fell in love with a 13 year old. Is that the best I can do?"
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#7879 User is offline   Baco Xtath 

• Wait. What?
  • Interests:Reading, writing, building, fly fishing, anime, MMA, and being a father.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 05 February 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

Gods of Egypt looks craptastic with a bigger portion of crap then tastic served.

I could see it getting a 0% on the tomatometer. I bet it doesn't break double-digits though.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett, Jingo"Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken." - Terry Pratchett, Eric
"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of a lack of wisdom." - Terry Pratchett

#7880 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostBaco Xtath, on 05 February 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 05 February 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

Gods of Egypt looks craptastic with a bigger portion of crap then tastic served.

I could see it getting a 0% on the tomatometer. I bet it doesn't break double-digits though.

Has anything ever got a 0%? Lowest I've seen is 1% I think.

Share this topic:

• 644 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users