• You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#7501 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostApt, on 09 June 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

View Postchamp, on 09 June 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

They're actually making a TV show based on the film too with Bradley Cooper making guest appearences...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4422836/

I feel like there's already been a bunch of these shows. Wasn't there one a couple years ago about a guy with a chip in his head? And another one with some guy who had brain surgery or something?

It seems to be a popular genre at the minute - super smarts crossed with police work.

There was that show Intelligence with Sawyer from Lost but it was cancelled after 1 season so I guess that didn't do too well, he had a computer or chip in his brain and you've got Scorpion which has a genius / team working for the FBI.

Then there is Sherlock / Elementary, the Forever lead Henry had top deduction skills too...

They're the ones I know about so aye, a fair few at the minute!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#7502 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

Attached File  independenceday2_large.jpg (110.41K)
Number of downloads: 0
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7503 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

as opposed to only in forest groves, obviously
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#7504 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 09 June 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

as opposed to only in forest groves, obviously

LOL.

I've always wondered what the phrase "Only in Theatres" meant. Is it a reference to TV? I mean where else am I going to watch a newly released movie?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7505 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Saw PITCH PERFECT 2 tonight. Very good. It doens't quite hit all the notes that the first one does, but it comes very close.

And consider me impressed with the direction. This is directed by Elizabeth Banks, and you can't tell it's her directorial debut at all. She did a great job.

Just an all around charming flick.

#7506 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

I wonder how they'll be defeated this time...

..phishing scam?

'They're back, and this time they have.. Norton'
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#7507 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

Spy.

Went in with low expectations based on my dislike of bridesmaids and expecting the only funny bits to have been in the trailer.

Statham steals the show, everything he says and does it brilliant.
Same with Peter Serafnotgoingtotryandspellwich.

McCarthy dies the job well enough but turns 'hardnosed bitch' a bit too quickly.

Highly entertaining, best comedy I've seen in the theatre for a few years

#7508 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 June 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

I hope that City Ship is just to give us old fans something to connect with and not telling us that a City Ship is Planet sized in the next Invasion phase. I want something new or at least Mothership style. I may just being weird with that though.

I always thought an obvious sequel could center around all the city destroying ships crash landing around the earth. Sure the impacts would have been catastrophic but millions of aliens could have survived, making way for a land war between the Aliens and Humans.

This post has been edited by Apt: 10 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

#7509 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Saw PITCH PERFECT 2 tonight. Very good. It doens't quite hit all the notes that the first one does, but it comes very close.

And consider me impressed with the direction. This is directed by Elizabeth Banks, and you can't tell it's her directorial debut at all. She did a great job.

Seen it aswell, I didn't like it all that much, except for the camping scene, holy shitballs I nearly shat myself from laughter!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#7510 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 10 June 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Seen it aswell, I didn't like it all that much, except for the camping scene, holy shitballs I nearly shat myself from laughter!

Oh man I was laughing all the way through!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7511 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

I am super pumped for this movie:

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#7512 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

Friday had me watching Jurassic World. Oh did I ever enjoy that.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#7513 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

So the "How It Should Have Ended" guys just pointed out a MASSIVE character plot hole in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON that I will henceforth never be able to unsee. It doens' truin the movie...but it certainly shows that Whedon needed a plot device and he chose the wrong character for it.

Spoiler

#7514 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

This looks decent. It seems like Werner Herzog is purposely aping David Lean in this film...which is both a good thing, and apt for this specific story.

I'm unsure about Pattinson playing Lawrence though...

#7515 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

So the "How It Should Have Ended" guys just pointed out a MASSIVE character plot hole in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON that I will henceforth never be able to unsee. It doens' truin the movie...but it certainly shows that Whedon needed a plot device and he chose the wrong character for it.

Spoiler

To be fair, I don't think that's really the case.

Spoiler

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#7516 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 17 June 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Spoiler

To be fair, I don't think that's really the case.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7517 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

Spoiler

#7518 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

They don't lose their momentum just because they're closer to your own speed, you know.

#7519 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

Spoiler

#7520 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users