• 642 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#1 Guest__*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:02 AM

At the very least King Arthur can't possibly be the worst movie released this year... Posted Image

and so long as the people in the men in the movie arent running around in loin cloths waving clubs and going "Uuuuugghhhaaaarrrr!!" it can't be that historically inaccurate.

plus the trailer looked cool Posted Image

#2 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:04 AM

It's all a matter of opinion and you aren't going to convince me that Airplane and Naked Gun were better than YF. Some Monty Python is definitely hilarious but I'm not always in the mood for that dry British humour. I appreciate Gene Wilder's mad rambling more. Another good comedy is The Jerk with Steve Martin. One of the most gut-busting comedies I've ever seen.

The actor is Carey Elwes I believe, Molly.

As to the Spiderman 2 critiques. The movie is based on a comic book, not about the the physics of how a guy's face can withstand a punch but not an umbrella. The only problem I had with what you mentioned is that the water at the end should have had a ton of steam coming up from it once that mini-sun went under.

#3 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Abyss:
Dammit. I LIKED 'Pitch Black'.
Still, when they started comparing it to The Hobbit and saying Riddick would be the next LoTR, things did not bode well.

I liked Pitch Black as well but "Riddick" left me cold.

#4 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

@BAD - Well as a whole I didn't like the movie but it did have its moments. The "do it" scene was hilarious, although I was laughing at it because my friend and I always say "do it" in an Ah-nuld voice ala Predator. I never watched the original series so all that humour was lost on me.

Caught the end of Taxi Driver last night. Hadn't seen it in years. Excellent movie.

#5 Guest_Mappo-trell_*

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:26 AM

yeah.. that and collateral are being heavily touted here atm... tho i gotta admit Tom Cruise as a bad guy is an interesting development Posted Image

may be worth watching.... hehehe

#6 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

I saw Man On Fire last night and I thought it was a damned good movie, pretty cool and Denzel rocks as usual. On another note, AvP was very dissappointing...
Victory is mine!

#7 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:13 PM

toxi is amazing!!! the storyline the costume design... god bless troma!!!!!

now killer tomates... george clooney at his finest Posted Image

saw somersault the other day.. aussie flick, good if a little odd. nice ending, great boobsPosted Image

#8 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:01 PM

He is playing moses in a play

#9 User is offline   Iron Bars 

• Emperor

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:27 AM

I'm still waiting for hellboy but spiderman looks good and gets good reviews. And there is already a premier date for the 3 spiderman movie.

#10 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The First Sword:
- How does he lose his powers and become "normal", only to get them back again later? We're not talking about performance anxiety here...he "is" Spiderman and possesses those gifts and skills permanently (or should, IMO). If he loses his powers, they should be gone for good
- Doc Octupus was very cool...excellent job on the arms. But he's just human! How can he fall 10 stories and land on a train and not be killed? His arms didn't even seem to absorb all of the impact. This happens a number of times. As well, he takes numerous full-force punches to the face from Spiderman...this should have killed him or at least reduced his face to a bloody mess. But Auntie May's umbrella does more damage
- At the end, when everything metal within 10 miles or so is being pulled into the fusion ball, Doc Oc's metal arms aren't even pulled towards the source. I can see them being strong enough to resist the magnetic pull, but to just hang limply around him when steel girders are flying by was a little unrealistic. Maybe they're made of a non-conducting metal?

to comment some of your points:

1. I guess it's like a penis problem. something your just can't get it up (never happened to me; mines doing jumping jacks while I'm in a drunken stupor; wooooooh! personal!; I deny everything!)

2. hey. never thought about that umbrella. must be some super granny powers invested in it. but I guess he's a bit more resiliant towards regular blows because he got caught in that magnetic field.

3. he said before the first experiment that the arms where nonmagnetic and completly imprevious to the suns heat. guess that explains it.

but the one thing that buggered me the most is at the end when the sun's in the water. here you got this insanly warm globe and the surrounding water is completely placid.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#11 Guest_Sha'ik Reborn_*

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:53 AM

donnie darko kinda makes me feel a bit buggered in the head
its a bit confusing
i'm definately not ready for the directors cut
but someone please explain it to me

#12 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:41 AM

Saw Heat for the first time in a while last night. Man what a great movie. It might be the most solid movie done in the past 10 years or so. Everytime I watch it I catch so many things I had never noticed before. And Pacino was at his finest in this "BECAUSE SHE HAS A...GRREEEEEEAAAAT ASS!!!" "WHAT DO WE GOT?!? WE GOT NOTHING!!!"

#13 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

Damn right! Posted Image Posted Image

Anyone going to go see "King Arthur" this week? I'm probably going to go and see how badly they've screwed up the historical accuracy. I have the feeling it's going to be a rather crappy movie but if it isn't, hey, alright! Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:30 AM

Two films in the last week, the first was THE AVIATOR

I found this to be a good flick, it was quite long but didn't feel it and I found myself engrossed in the story. - well worth watching.

The second film (last night) was ALEXANDER

What a pile of ****! There is no flow to the story and I left the cinema feeling that I could have edited a far superior film from the sum of its parts. The narration was long-winded to make up for the lack of story through film. - at times it felt like jakanory.
2 hrs in my bum was getting numb, and just when I thought there could't be much more it backflashed. Stone comlpletely missed the Gay thing about ancient greeks. The persian battle was pretty good but the second battle was a mess. As for the accents!! Scottish Irish Russian - anything but greek!

A better version of the film would have been:

1, a short sequence showing alexanders early life
2, him proving himself alongside his father
3, him beating the persians
4, him marching round the world
5, a second battle - vs the elephants (filmed in colour rather than red and grey)
6 his death.

Perhaps mix a bit of him bumming his mates if you want to prove the point.
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#15 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:57 PM

Rodeo I understood that they thought he might have been poisened and not by alcohol but by people from his own camp. I kust ask as you did not mention it and being a hist student I thought you could shed some light id this is nosense.

#16 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:55 PM

Try the sequel. It gets worse. Posted Image

I've been watching the "Horatio Hornblower" series as of late. Smashing good stuff! Posted Image

#17 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

I liked the x files every time it wasnt about alien abduction, which wasnt very often in the later seasons. Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:20 AM

I thought Dogville was pretty good myself.. Going to see Team America on saturday I hope, looking forwards to it
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#19 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:40 PM

"Strange Brew" is the best Canadian film ever. Posted Image

#20 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:02 PM

Bad, Hero is amazing if you like cinematography, elaborate historical sets, vivid colors, and graceful fighting. It's definately not your traditional martial arts movie, but it's the only Jet Li movie I would watch more than once.

However, it's too bad there aren't more movies like the original Drunken Master. I rented Enter the Dragon recently and as a movie it is awful.

Someone should just reedit all the Bruce Lee movies together into one giant fight sequence. Bruce Lee as the Street Fighter instead of Sonny Chiba would've been good.

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users