#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Talk with Barghast/Obdi

Peter Petrelli
Action Points: 3
You Action List:
Has 1 save each night. If save is successful, ability is copied and set for next night. Starting ability is flight.
Flight - boosts your action points temporarily by 5 when used as someone uses an action on you. No boost when you use an ability yourself.
First night: Save + Flight. Next night: Save+whatever ability you copied last night, if successful.

So I only get to use flight once, and if I 'save' (which is a heal, right?) someone with more than one action point, it dosen't go through?

Then you don't have an ability next night, sadly.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Convo with Emurlahn/Sixty

So judging by the opening rules post, the action points I get after my action is successful varies based on the # of points they have left AFTERWARD? So I don't get points for my kills? Just clarifying.

(Because if I could get 5*2-4 points later in the game, that'd be ridiculous)

You add their amount of points to yours, no matter what happens to them. They don't actually lose any points.

Okay, there was some confusion before.
In the rules post, it stated:

Ofcourse, depending on what action you used, the amount of points the target has won't matter, since he/she might be dead.

Which implied that death removed all action points, so I would get no points.

Ah, I might have been a bit unclear. No, killing doesn't make you lose the targets points.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

Barghast/Obdi

Peter Petrelli
Action Points: 3
You Action List:
Has 1 save each night. If save is successful, ability is copied and set for next night. Starting ability is flight.
Flight - boosts your action points temporarily by 5 when used as someone uses an action on you. No boost when you use an ability yourself.
First night: Save + Flight. Next night: Save+whatever ability you copied last night, if successful.

So I only get to use flight once, and if I 'save' (which is a heal, right?) someone with more than one action point, it dosen't go through?

Then you don't have an ability next night, sadly.

Would you kindly confirm that even if I am doing a friendly ability on someone on my team, it might not go through because they have too many action points?

And that I only get to use flight once?

Ah, now I see your point. (got alot in my head atm :p) I recant what I said before - of course you get to keep your current power if you don't get a new one. Bah, I'm having my head in a can.

As for the friendly action - it only goes through if you have enough points. Don't have my head in a can about that.

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Ruse/Tapper

Angela Petrelli
Action Points: 2
Your Action:
Precognitive dreaming - gives a deep understanding of events, chose from two options: get the faction of the target or get the number of action points of the target.

ehm, Gem... now that I think on it, is it me or is the second find ability more or less useless?

From the rules:

For every action that goes through, you will gain the amount of action points that your target have:
Before action: You: 3 points, Target: 1 point
After action: You: 4 points, Target: 1 point

Now, if my first NA succeeds, I learn the players faction.
Because it succeeds, I get to add his action points to my total.
So, (AP in the morning) - (AP at the start of the night) means I know that player's action points anyway, right?

Or does this second ability work also on players who my first ability does not work on?

Good point - I'll throw in the total amount of the targets faction instead, does that work for you?

Wow, that would be neat.

it might very well be lightly unbalanced though, as it will allow me to guess the number of players in a faction, especially if there's only 1 or 2 players of a certain faction left.
* starts spreadsheet *

Please think some time on it, if you tell me what the second ability does on day 2, it's early enough.

Tonight, I'll use the regular find anyway (on a player who is not on the lynch train to increase my chances of it going through, and because I want that, I'm not going to submit a provisional, sadly), so it will be used on night 2 at its earliest anyway :p.

Okay, but I intended you to be a bit overpowered when it comes to knowledge, so I don't have a problem with it. The action points count was meant to make a difference. :p

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Lynch count for Serc/morgoth45 is 14, so when/if he gets 14 votes, he's dead.
He has 10 votes atm.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

#26 User is offline   Gavin 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Wow, and this setup is simpler than that last? Glad your the Mod :p
Thats a lot of factions there will be interested to see how it plays out. Can members of the factions talk to each off thread at all? Just curious.

Looking like a Serc lynch, Morgoth45 hasn't played here for a while... i'm sure he's loving the speed lynch.

Might be worth having a chat to Twelve/Meanas see how he's going. He's new and I think only one post so far.

Other two newbies going pretty well.

Although, who is Malaese?? He's apparently new but is making alt guesses well thought out SH posts etc. Modcraft guy?

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

Silanah/Ment

Ruse is either JA or Morgy.

given JA's antipathy towards me, I'm going to go for the most ironic scenario and say that it's probably JA.

I intend to play a very quiet game this week (might have something to do with that 12-15 pg research proposal that's due on Friday). I've also been writing very properly avoiding contractions. I wonder how many people I can actually fool?

Hood's Path/Stalker

gah, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth but Serc made him/herself way too much of a target. Since the lynch was inevitable I had to vote for the AP. Hopefully Serc has a role where he is invulernable or something otherwise...

WHY WOULD YOU BE SO OBVIOUS??!!!!!! After revealing as Sylar in the second post things continued to go downhill. You need to learn to stop digging that hole, otherwise when you finish, the hole will hold your body!

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

Tennes/Vengeance

Ok so I am going for making sure that my faction and myself can last for as long as possible. Kaschan is on Sercs train so far so that is good.

Serc = Bent....

Barghast/Obdi

Gamelon = Bubba
Silanah - Mental
Galayn Lord = Kurt M
Kessobah = STD
Korlat = masterblue
Mockra = J slr
Anomandaris = dktorode
Rashan = Dibs
Kaschan = alt146

And so on.

If that is correct, then I can alt guess every single person because of a lack of alphabetization :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Rashan/dibs

actually telas idea that my plan is to fly under the radar is wrong, but not so much that i should discont it. my plan is to force players into factions by giving targets to people to push the train away from serc.

i already think telas and emurlahn are together.

also kaschan is in sercs faction.

it is possible that telas does have that power, i think it likely that a few major characters resilience to lynching can be affected by action points.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

impossile and agressie.

hehe:)

lets hope he isnt a killer.

Kesso/SirThursday

It strikes me that I should be trying to gather powers from other teams at the beginning, when the chances of my team members getting NKed is small. I realised I misread the role PM before, leading me to believe I could choose whose power I stole - now I realise that's not the case, I'd like to submit the following provisional:

Save Korlat unless Korlat votes for Serc, in which case
Save Fener unless Fener votes for Serc, in which case
Save Gamelon unless Gamelon votes for Serc, in which case
Save Shadow unless Shadow votes for Serc, in which case
Save Meanas.

Just to clarify - are my powers those of Peter in Volume 4, or prior to that when he could use any power he obtained?

Sir Thursday

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

Rashibs,

even if i die,

i have had fun.

too far?
possibly, but its a day 1 trradition i have fallen out of and thats a damned shame.

getting lynched i mean.

i have a doozey :p

i am the puppet master i can make woman do things, and i will make telas vote himself :p

:p

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Tennes/Vengeance:

Meanas = Twelve...

Convo with Rashdibs:

i am an asshole :p

View PostRashan, on Mar 31 2009, 04:17 PM, said:

View PostTelas, on Mar 31 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

Just to point out, I am extremely content with leaving my vote on Rashan. So if you guys want to lynch Serc, fine. But I would rather Rash get voted off. Especially after he tried to make it look like his entire purpose was in getting me off the lynch train.

How am i supposed to perform a night action on you if you have voted for someone to completion? Just remember when you vote tomorrow to do it with a kiss...

no doubt i will be guarded for that, but i just cant resist as for revealing day one, i may do just to twist it somemore.

Please let me know if you do, so I can take off an action point. :p

if i am l-1 i will.

now if only my teammates would show up because thats the real reason i acted like a fucking tit, if they dont vote our faction is wide open tonight.

Oh gaaawd, this is so much fun. I feel like I'm gonna explode. :p

balls, just realised those twonks you saddled me with arent on until the middle of the night :p

hahah

think i can add serc to the emur telas kaschan grouping :p

Liosan/The Dude

Sylar
Action Points: 0
You have no actions.

Wait, I just noticed this... I am Sylar and I have 0 AP. I could be dead quickly. Guess I need to get on a Train...only problem is I think I moght be hammer even after Telas removed vote... I need one person to hop back on train. I am pretty confused thus far. Least Emur seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

I almost feel sorry for Liosan/The Dude:

Just realized..my PM says I have no actions. I am Sylar and I have no NA and No AP to start...wth? Maybe I gain some later on? I seem to remember last game Sylar absorbing powers. But let me get this right, even if I am on the successful lynch train today and get 1 point...I have no action to use it on. correct?

That's correct, your action points will be purely defense. Sorry. :p

I know, it's pure meanness to create a role like that...couldn't help myself.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

Omtose/Morgoth:

Ruse is bumping uglies with meanas. He did work very hard to move attention after my initial vote on Meanas, and now meanas makes such an obvious distancing vote I could cry.

I also wonder about Silanah who deftly stepped in and got the train rolling shortly after Ruse went on his spree.. Rashan could be there too, but I don't think DiBs would act like that if so. Oh yeah, Rashan is DiBs :p

Anyways, I might want to reconsider my investigation if i've managed to spot an entire faction already. I'll have to look around.

#34 User is offline   Tira 

• Corporal

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

What does happen if one of those persons who require now 9 lynch votes manage to survive until day nine?
Do you just kill them? :p

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Silanah/Ment

umm, does Meanas know that Ruse in in his faction?

@ Tira, nah, I can go slower, lower the lynch count every second day. After that I'll just stay at a minimum, say 5 votes. :p

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Poor Liosan:

Wait, I don't have 1!!! bah!! when I read I was Sylar I got all excited. But it seems I am just a meat shield. Went from cool power absorbing killer last game to... RI :p Oh well. I shall win anyway!!

Oh yeah and an Alt guess

Barghast has to be Obdi... no one makes me laugh/want to punch a baby, more than him :p

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Provisionals day 1
Kesso/SirThursday
Save Korlat unless Korlat votes for Serc, in which case
Save Fener unless Fener votes for Serc, in which case
Save Gamelon unless Gamelon votes for Serc, in which case
Save Shadow unless Shadow votes for Serc, in which case
Save Meanas.

Gamelon/Bubba
I will start with a save attempt on Serc, and use the flight ability tonight.

Kaschan/alt146
Provisional - FLY

Omtose/Morgoth
Faction find on Meanas

Fener/Malaese
Provisional night action: If a lynch occurs before I get back Investigate Omtose - use option get all the alts in the targets faction, if Omtose is dead Investigate Serc - same option.

Rashan/Dibs
make telas vote telas tomorrow.

D'riss/bwgan
Night action of Ruse. If Ruse is dead, get Meanas role.

Silanah/Mentalist
Kill Fener

Telas/Bent
Find out what faction Omtose is on

Galayn Lord/Kurt Montandon Confirmed
Kill Telas

Anomandaris
no Action

Tennes/Vengeance
disable Emurlahn

Emurlahn
no action

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 31 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Lynch Counts update:The amount of lynches it takes to lynch - after amount of Starter Action Points.

Added Current Action Points

Alpha Season 1
Peter Petrelli - Sir Thursday --Kessobahn - SAP 3 LC 17 CAP 4
Matt Parkman - J_Slr --Mockra - SAP 2 LC 14
Claude Raines - Silencer --Shadow - SAP 2 LC 14
Noah Bennett - dktorode --Anomandaris - SAP 1 LC 11 CAP 2

Beta Season 1
Current Sylar - Masterblue --Korlat -SAP 3 LC 17 CAP 3
Bad Future Sylar - Lisheo --Korvalain - SAP 3 LC17
Angela Petrelli - Bent --Telas -SAP 2 LC 14

Alpha Season 2
Super Peter Petrelli - Bubba -- Gamelon - SAP 4 LC 18
Super Matt Parkman - drinksinbars --Rashan -SAP 2 14 CAP 3
Hiro Nakamura - Malaese --Fener - SAP 2 LC 14

Beta Season 2
Powerless Sylar - The Dude --Liosan - SAP 0 LC 9 CAP 1
Maya - Sixty --Emurlahn -SAP 2 LC14 CAP 3

Alpha Season 3 1st Half
Primatech powerless Peter Petrelli - twelve --Meanas -SAP -1 LC 9
Future Peter Petrelli - Mentalist -- Silanah - SAP 3 LC 17 CAP 4
Good Future Sylar - Kurt Montandon --Galayn Lord -SAP 3 LC17 CAP 4
Primatech Angela Petrelli - Tapper --Ruse - SAP 2 LC 14 CAP 3

Beta Season 3 1st Half
Pinehearst Sylar - Stalker --Hood's Path - SAP 3 LC 17 CAP 4
Pinehearst Nathan Petrelli - Ace Hunter --Tellan - SAP 1 LC11
Pinehearst Arthur Petrelli - morgoth45 --Serc - SAP 2 LC 14

Alpha Season3 2nd Half
Fugitive Peter Petrelli - Obdigore -Barghast - SAP 3 LC 17 CAP 4
Fugitive Matt Parkman - bwgan --D'riss - SAP 2 LC 14 CAP 3
Fugitive Hiro Nakamura - Morgoth --Omtose - SAP 2 LC 14 CAP 3

Beta Season 3 2nd half
Noah Bennett - Testing Grief --Galain - SAP 1 LC11
Danko Then Hunter - Vengeance --Tennes - SAP 1 LC11 CAP 2
Nathan Petrelli - alt146 --Kaschan - SAP 1 LC11 CAP 2

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Galayn Lord wonderingif he got a point:

I sure hope you've got a better list than Tennes, because I voted ninth in the train, well before the lynch - his list has me last.

Will we be informed if we got a point, or are people expected to keep track of it theirselves?

You did not get a point.

#40 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sigh. Life's a bitch. I thought I'd do so well this time. You guys are too good at this game.
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

Share this topic:

• 28 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users