• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Claw Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

Yes, his moves debilitated the enemy. Isn't that the point? If my memory serves correctly, he took one out with a throwing knife (it's subjective, in this case the assassin's skill was great enough compared to the soldier's that the soldier failed to block and promptly died) and then killed two more in close combat. He got shield-bashed and an injured (but 100% recoverable) arm, in a 2-on-1. Sounds to me like the assassin beat the soldier...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#42 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Exactly

Apts soldier>assasin theory is simply not true. Crokus does a couple of Edur in with thrown weapons and also close combat against armoured opponents with shield and swords. Therefore its completely subjective.

#43 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Well In TBH when he sends the two soldiers to protect Banaschar, Braven Tooth,who has trained lots of soldiers and knows his stuff, says that a soldier would always win against a an assassin in a straight fight. Of course the soldiers got killed but then that assassin had attacked them from behind, so that's not the point
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#44 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

i gotta throw my chips in with the soldiers on this one, man to man, face to face, there's no way an assassin should be able to beat a soldier, but then they rarely ever let it come to that do they?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#45 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Crokus is an above average assassin, so should be compared to above average swordsmen.

So, Whiskeyjack, or Kallor etc. Fairly sure they would take him apart.

Doesn't cotillion comment Dassem would win if they fought?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#46 User is offline   RangerSG 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

The whole point of an assassin is to attack when someone is unaware or occupied. There's no reason to believe they'd beat a more heavily armed and armored opponent who sees them coming. In that scenario the assassin has already failed, as they did not use their best asset, deception.

#47 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

I agree with Ranger. Braven Tooth may be right in that a soldier might usually win vs an assassin in a straight fight, but the whole point of being an assassin is not to have a straight fight. Either you assassinate someone from the shadow with a crossbow when their not looking, or you slit their throats when their asleep. If you have to take on some armored hulk who knows you're there, you don't go up to him and try fending off his sword with your puny knives, you run around on the rooftops throwing shit at him because he can't do anything to you up there.

This is probably where marines with their mad crossbow skills turn the game on the assassins, but even then, the assassin is going out of his standard role just by having the marine know (s)he is there. Case in point, Mudslinger and Gentur. They probably could've beaten the assassin if he'd been walking down the street to them, but they got ambushed in the alley and nearly both died...

This post has been edited by D'rek: 07 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users