Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#201 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

my gawd. The campaign felt like someone took a shelf full of tom clancy books and crushed them together in a vice and only the inane survived.

Yet multiplayer... so much fun, even if full of crazy and stupid in turn - like the people using AT4's as grenade launchers, silenced auto shotguns, and the riot shields which can block RPGs. and the plain dumb of the easiest assault rifle to purchase in the world being the last one you unlock. Yet there's something that is just right about it.

Here's hoping the good feeling doesn't wear off until I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

#202 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, i'm not a big fan of wasteland either.

Managed to get my SP to work(had to restart whole level) and have now completed story mode.

Had some good spec ops with a friend this weekend, and think it's pretty great. I like being able to do split-screen co-op with a friend. Not sure how re-playable they'll be, but fun nonetheless.

Barret 50. cal with thermal scope is brilliant. Went 27-0 with it(and some guys TAR towards the end) on estate at the weekend.

Least favourite map is definetely skidrow, I generally skip it now.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#203 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

yeah...I love estate too. Well set up map for running between cover and sneaking up behind snipes. All of my best sessions have been on that map pretty much.

Thermal scope is the sniper noob toob though....not sure they should have added that thing into the game. Its a bit OP as far as I'm concerned.

Fun when you get your hands on one though.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#204 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 16 November 2009 - 07:07 PM, said:

yeah...I love estate too. Well set up map for running between cover and sneaking up behind snipes. All of my best sessions have been on that map pretty much.

Thermal scope is the sniper noob toob though....not sure they should have added that thing into the game. Its a bit OP as far as I'm concerned.

Fun when you get your hands on one though.

(Obdi Here)

Thermal scope is fun! It isn't hard to beat either, setup a cold blooded class, and they can only see you when you move, or if they know the maps well enough already to see a lump where there shouldn't be one. I hate running my thermal against a team that is cold blooded-ing.

They neutered grenades. things are weak as hell. I unlocked the second to last assault rifle, and it feels like a weakened, drifting up version of the p90. It blows through clips though.

my favorite shotty right now is the third one, but on any non-sniper class I run Javelins since I love getting +300 points for shooting down stuff in the skies. M16 seems SLIGHTLY stronger than the FAMAS, but they both lay people out.

TAR and ACR are awesome guns, the .50cal is easily your strongest sniper, but I am enjoying the m21 for the same reason as last game, there is nearly no kick-back. Akimbo p90 gets you owned if they hit you at range.

It seems that every single gun kills almost as fast as the rest, which is... boring. they also added so much crap to every single map (except 2) that sniping is pretty meh, especially since an M16 hits harder per trigger pull than any of your snipers.

I love people that scramble, makes it easy to tell how close they are, and if you know the map, that makes it easy to know where they are. The only map it is a pain on is Sub Base, when you are playing on both levels.

Still lots of campers, but since we are learning the maps and playing with each other, we can get behind them pretty easy.

My current killstreak is: Pred, Harrier, AC-130. Om NomNomNom. Anytime I get a Pred I generally get an AC-130 unless I am killed while calling something in.

I wish they still had Bolt-Action snipers. They should be more accurate than the semi-auto, but you know, bolt action. That was cool.

The M240 LMG is pretty amazing with the grip, even if the sights suck.

/end random complaint.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#205 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww

last night I picked up the SP campaign, which I stopped playing right after the mission where you have to follow the tank through a town and put the laser sights on the buildings for it to shoot.

Forgot my buddy was playing while I was asleep the other day and he apparently completed another 40% of the campaign.

End result,
Spoiler

Then I remembered that my buddy played a bunch while I was absent. Now I'm going back and doing all the missions I missed. Sucks to know the ending already though.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 17 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#206 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 16 November 2009 - 07:52 PM, said:

The M240 LMG is pretty amazing with the grip, even if the sights suck.

Any of the LMGs are amazing with the grip, I'd say. Though the AUG might as well be an assault rifle, even without the grip attachment. Been using it with ACOG and FMJ and just tearing through teams all morning, well until I got stuck in a game where almost everyone on the other team was running around with a thumper or GL, and that was just stupid. It was on Highrise too, which I've gotta say I hate. Never had any luck there - though maybe thats just psychological - since my first match there I spawned over my own damned corpse twice in a row - and was gunned down by a shotty from behind each and every time. Very upsetting.

Agreed about the 2nd last AR, very very disappointing, not at all worth a slot on the AR list. They should have stuck with the tried and true like an M14 or pulled an awesome and made some reason up for a G11E to be in the universe and put that in instead.

I've gotta say though the maps are starting to feel a lot little bit bigger now, with people willing to go fight in different spots rather than the big idiot brawl in the center/a hallway.

#207 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

(Obdi still)

Yea, i had little luck on Highrise until I started using an Intervention w ACOG.

I have decided I like the Intervention most of the snipers, although the .50cal feels close to what it was in MW1.

Im 61 or 62... 2 or 3 hours per level at this stage for me (unless we are playing big team domination, which takes an hour to get full lobby with our team because of xbox live lobby merging issues) is kind of lame, but understandable.

I got both 'The Bigger They Are' and 'The Harder They Fall' last night, which I thought was awesome. go go Intervention ACOG. I hated ACOG's in MW1, they seem to not be terrible in 2. But I got my thermal scope for Intervention too, which makes me happy.

Hoping to push into P1 this weekend, have you broken through yet Jusen, or are you busy butchering deer? Mmmm Venison.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#208 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

if by P1 you mean prestige, no.... probably not for a while cause my husband declared that he will not provide sex if I do it before letting him play a couple days with all the good shit available. I think I'm 60 or close to it. Everything worth unlocking has been, I think so I dont look at it, and I really do like my AUG.

I was playing a game with someone today who was P1 63. Had I been ableto find my mic, I would have been unleashing all sorts of derisivenerd-curses, and mocking his pinky-length weewee, sadly, I could not and so made it my mission to take a riot shield and hunt him down. Sadly, with little success.

I just provided someone with the 'drop an airdrop on an enemy and kill them as the last kill in the match' thing. HOLY CRAP funny. It bounced off a rooftop and went ricocheting down an alleyway like a cracked out ragdoll. The ACOGs are nice, but way under mag'd. I think its like 1.5x or maybe 2x? when the thermal is (I think) 4x.

And thermal with the intervention is evil. I'll just say it now, as someone who refuses to snipe in FPS games, I hate you and all of your kind who wield such weapons. Doubly so if you take a silencer with it. Tripply so if you snipe while standing.

Infinitely less so however, if you could put a laser rifle shot through a head at 1500m while skiing. Granted, knowing what I'm talking about is worthy of some slight praise in and of itself.

Oh the memories...

#209 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

heh, I'm only level 28. Butchering everyone though.

My leveling has been a problem because of spec ops mode (at 60/69 stars) so I'm trying to finish that and max out the 1000/1000 achievements.
Also any time I play online, everyone on my floor at the dorm comes in and begs to play. So unfortuantely I spend too much time destroying them, cause no one can kill me more
than twice max.

When I do play online I am a huge fan of the SCAR-L and Intervention. I like sniping, but using cold blooded annoys me since it requires multiple hits. I can't seem to get headshots sniping anymore (even if the person is not moving and I line up a clear shot, it will not give it to me). So I have to hit them twice with body shots instead, which sucks.
My KDR is around 1.8 currently and still improving. My brother's is at 3.41 which is absurd, he doesn't just camp either, and he is around lvl 60. Still having a blast with it though.

#210 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

My K:D Started out at over 3 when I had a full team, then started going down when I was learning maps and guns and everyone and their mother was camping. It was down to 1.5 for a while and I'm right around 1.90 right now, and pushing it upwards.

Jusen - I could snipe standing on any map in MW1 with an M40 and never miss. I nearly HAVE to be laying down to be hitting people in 2, especially if you have the silencer on.

I made a .50cal with silencer and cold blooded class... it was meh.

Stalker - Shoot above their head, just slightly.

Any city map, the game goes like this: Find the highest spot you can, and shoot down from it. That is why I love javelins. You can target spots on the map and have it drop onto them. Oh so fun. I hate picking a sniper on Wasteland then having everyone and their mother do nothing but run into the underground area.

#211 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

Eh, might actually have to try the game...gah.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#212 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

Certainly enjoyable. Finding that you need a much slower(or at least far more cautious) playstyle. Maps and just game generally seem more supportive of this.
Finding the lower health to be a bit irritating at times(less time to react), but my least favourite addition has to be the auto-aiming feature, by which peoples aim tracks you. Seems to just reduce any idea of actual skill.

Don't think i'll be stopping playing cod4.

I also really like the co-op offline.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#213 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

View PostGrief, on 17 November 2009 - 11:41 PM, said:

but my least favourite addition has to be the auto-aiming feature, by which peoples aim tracks you. Seems to just reduce any idea of actual skill.

Wait what???? that's only available in SP. Isn't it?

#214 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Nope, though it should be...It's not quite the same as SP(at least, I don't think so-on SP you can just tap L2 from miles away and it'll snap to someone) but if you aim on someone(think your reticule/red dot or whatever(you don't have to be ADS though, works without) does have to either be a lot closer on them or on them) and they move, your sights will stick and follow them automatically. So, if you run past someone, it auto aims them onto you, etc.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#215 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

That is just some crap. No other way to explain it. Though that really does explain a few of the more frustrating deaths I've suffered. Looks like it'll be Hardcore only from here on out.

#216 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

there IS autoaim on multiplayer????? WTF?

Thats lame. I didn't even bother to look, figuring they would have it disabled by default. Is this on PC only or on PS3/XBOX too?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#217 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 November 2009 - 06:35 PM, said:

there IS autoaim on multiplayer????? WTF?

Thats lame. I didn't even bother to look, figuring they would have it disabled by default. Is this on PC only or on PS3/XBOX too?

dunno, don't really care. the same stickiness is in all multiplayer types. (when you look for it, it is so damned obvious) Its probably only DISABLED on the PC version. Guh.

Way to ruin that good feel G.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 18 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

#218 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

It exists and was in CoD4 too.

It happened to me a lot where I'd be shooting at one guy and then another enemy would run by causing my sight to track the second guy. Didn't matter if the first enemy was still alive because running attracts the auto-aim.

#219 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Certainly on Xbox, so almost certainly PS3 aswell.

Not sure about PC.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#220 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

Can't say I ever noticed it on 4. Though I suppose I mainly noticed it on this because I put my control down for a minute to talk to someone on the phone, and my aim moved as someone went passed.

After you notice it, it seems rather prominent.

Cougar said:

worry said:

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users