• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking forward to this!

#21 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

I think it's probably for the best that they get left for the encyclopedia. We haven't yet had any real need to view them to help us with the story after all.

#22 User is offline   BeLeG 

• Captain

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

When it comes to the Tiste it's very difficult to distinguish myth from history
The Liosan in HoC accept that the Andii are the firstborn but they could be wrong.
The only thing we can accept as truth is,imho,that the Tiste Edur came to life after the union of Dark and Light

I hope this trilogy will solve the mysteries of the Tiste races...

#23 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

Unless Anonmander Rake comes back to "life" in this trilogy I absolutely am not looking forward to this. I do not like the lets go back to the beginning movies, books, and stories. So start with the past and what actually happened do all that great but somewhere along the way bring him back so that he can do something else interesting and worthwhile to have a series about him. A view that sounds to me to be a minority. Everyone wants to read about the past and what happened but most do not want to bring him back because he died so well.

My best hope is that SE will make it the best possible storyline out of it and thus be enjoyable enough to order from England or Canada 6 months earlier than anywhere in the US. If not I will read it in the library or bookstore will drinking coffee which is something I did for Terry Goodkind books.

Sincerely
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#24 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

im of mixed feelings about seeing rake again in the trilogy. i almost hope he is a completely different person, ignorant perhaps of anything outside of kurald galain and we see him undergo some serious transformations (aside from becoming soletaken) during the civil wars and the exodus. maybe he even knew draconus when he was suzerain and consort of night, before dragnipur.
could even be that it was during the civil wars that draconus first got the idea for forging a home for darkness

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 21 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#25 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I wonder if this series will also tie up the Kurald Emurhlann shattered warren storline. Not deal exclusively with the past but also show current/near-future events.

#26 User is offline   Quick~ 

• Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

I don't think I'm looking forward to this as much as the other planned trilogy. I've enjoyed Rake, the brothers 3 and the assorted Andii we've seen but I don't really have that much of a desire to see more of the Andii as a whole. If the focus spans the 3 Tiste races and the early sunderings and so on then I'll be more enthused but right now I'm a little hesitant.

#27 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

View PostQuick~, on Mar 17 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

I don't think I'm looking forward to this as much as the other planned trilogy. I've enjoyed Rake, the brothers 3 and the assorted Andii we've seen but I don't really have that much of a desire to see more of the Andii as a whole. If the focus spans the 3 Tiste races and the early sunderings and so on then I'll be more enthused but right now I'm a little hesitant.

Could be 1 book for each Tiste race... that would be madness!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#28 User is offline   The Swordbearer 

• Corporal

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

I am hopeing its a foundations type book covering some of the other races allso like the Forkrul Assail,Jaghut, KCCM,Tlan etc. Maybe covering some history such as C Brood getting Burns Hammer. Maybe even meet Ickys mom she musta been something to get Gothos attention. :lol:
Allso were there not other Siblings Of Rake,Silch and Andarist 2 sisters I beleive for sure. :p

#29 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

Where is that mentioned? I don't remember that. I doubt, though, that other races beside the Tiste will feature mainly in this trilogy. Since it's called the Kharkanas trilogy I fully except it to focus mainly on the civil war and the banishment of the Andii by Mother Dark. We may get to see Ruin and Scabandari move to Wu and fight the K'Chain, but I doubt it. Further development of those parts of the story will probably be dealt with by ICE - I expect Brood's story to feature in Stonewielder, for one thing. DoD will probably see a huge development of the KCCM as well.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#30 User is offline   The Swordbearer 

• Corporal

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

Right you are MTS Just voicing my hopefors is all :p
I think though that there will be plenty of cross realm/warren travelings by Rake his Siblings and other Andii intent on gathering power to aid themselves in their personal ambitions.
Allso I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere Andii Mages arent restricted to using Kurald Galain as their only source of power.

#31 User is offline   Sotgnomen 

• Recruit

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

Well, this discussion should have food for another month or two with the revelations from DoD. :)
I'll just put in that I read it that the brothers were leading players in Kharkanas, but did not become the powers they are in the books before they went and did the ho ho on Tiam.(which leads into the grand discussion on powerlevels among soletaken eleint dragons, which i leave for elsewhere)
As proof of this I offer Andarist, who really got left behind at this point(both in getting stuck between his fighting brothers, and power-wise)

#32 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

According to TTH, it was his own choice.....
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#33 User is offline   Sotgnomen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Well yes, he chose not to drink of Tiam?

#34 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

that, and there was also something about his part in the Andii civil war...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#35 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:57 AM

can't wait! Its nice to know there will be something worthwhile to read after TCG.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#36 User is offline   Inkiper 

• fist full of steel

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

who will wrote this trilogy Erikson or Esslemont?
Knowledge & Wisdom

#37 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

i believe erikson said he was writing the two trilogies, though i'm sure he and ice work closely on all things
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#38 User is offline   geNESis 

• Jumbo Rice Krispies Square

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

Maybe this trilogy will pick up with the Shake in Kharkanas and show not just them but the time before the exodus, before the sundering and the civil wars as well. The split time concept would fit in with SE's pension to tell multiple story arcs across wide time periods.

This post has been edited by geNESis: 26 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

#39 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:39 AM

View PostgeNESis, on 26 February 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

Maybe this trilogy will pick up with the Shake in Kharkanas and show not just them but the time before the exodus, before the sundering and the civil wars as well. The split time concept would fit in with SE's pension to tell multiple story arcs across wide time periods.

I could see that happening. Especially if the Liosan in DoD were just a big feint and won't actually show up in tCG, but rather will be involved in the Kharkanas trilogy instead...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#40 User is offline   Nraig 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Feel Free to ask.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

There are a few things that make me really look forward to this trilogy.
firstly, we might have a look at what Kharkanas was before the Andii was cast out (Eden?). this might make charachters, like Rake, Andarist and Ruin who are shrouded in mystery, despite the fact that there are quite a few pages dedicated to them in the books. And of course then Tiams blood, exactly what does that mean? the other Tiste races, where did they come into this picture? All that is well and fine, but mostly i feel its about "how come Kharkanas lies in ruins now?"
in short: what was back then and what happend?
There are almost nothing "firm" in the series about that, which makes it all the more interesting.
Most importantly for my part: Draconus. I really hope Draconus will be there. Why exactly did Rake kill him?
...Why did he make that sword in the first place?
I'm sliding into the realm of off-topic here, but there is a lot of things that can be put into a trilogy about Kharkanas. basicaly everything remotley connected to the Andii.

then we have another option: what if Erikson makes sure we all are worng and writes about somehting else entierly.
There are somehow have recently entered Kharkanas isn't it? (one that someone already have mentioned)
Of course we might get a conclusion to that in book 10, but what if we don't?

Erikson is Erikson, and i'm fairly certian we can't really guess what he'll do...
doesn't stop us from trying of course.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users