Just to throw some Random Names out there;

Duke Nukem
Ryu (from Ninja Gaiden)
Gordon Freeman
Snake (MGS)
Sam Fisher
MasterChief

Any others?

Not making a Poll just yet, request to Mods later If I can't edit to make poll. Mainly to get more suggestions for badass characters that have existed that I may have forgotten about.

For me its Duke Nukem, Hands down. There others are in whole different league compared to him (a lower one).

In regards to rank Well I'd put Freeman over Masterchief, they're in the same league as easilly.

Your thoughts? and why?

#2 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:35 AM

Easy: Solid Snake.

Not only is he the son of the Father of Awesome, Big Boss, he's also fucking awesome. Let me lay it down, truth style.

Now, Solid Snake may have been giving all the best genes, but he's still just a man. And before shadow moses, he proved this time and time again. He infiltrated Outer Heaven, killing Super Soldiers and Ninja's by the truck load. And not only that, HE TAKES DOWN METAL GEAR BY HIMSELF. Then he defeats mother fucking Big Boss. BIG BOSS.

Fast forward, It's 1999, Snake once again rocks out to this time infiltrate another top secret hideout: Zanzibarland. Now Zanzibarland is a bit different then Outer Heaven, this times he's up against mother fucking elite mercenary forces. These guys are TOUGH, But snake handles them. Then, just as his missions just about over, hey defeats Grey Fox, his best friend, in hand to hand combat in the middle of a MINE FIELD! Holy shit thats badass. Then do you know what he does next? Smacks the shit out of BB again then lights that old bastard on fire.

Shadow Moses, 2004, Snake beats the shit out of a island full of genetically engineered soldiers and a crack team of snipers, a telepathic, a guy with a huge fucking CANNON and his Twin brother. All the while beating down another metal gear and getting to fuck the girl.

Do you begin to understand?

(Skipping The Sons of Liberty, 2009, as Snake would rather that whole deal was kept quiet. Needly to say he handled himself like a pro while another unnamed party handled himself like a faggot)

Across the Globe in 2014, Snake reappears, An aged and downtrodden man. A virus is eating away his cells, making just moving agony for him. But he doesn't give a shit. He goes from set piece to set piece opening up another fuckload of kick ass.

And he basically fries himself alive in a microwave only to go on and kick the living shit out of Ocelot ontop of a huge ship, epic style.

Gosh Darn but he's the man.

This post has been edited by Trouble: 08 February 2009 - 05:41 AM

#3 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

Can't forget to have Marcus Fenix, you see the stuff he takes out? It's like a nightmare, except he's become a nightmare to the locust. He just charges in wreaks havoc, kills locust, saves the day, RIDES A BRUMACK and blows up bombs and kills and wins and stuff like that, everyday all day long.

Talk about epic.

#4 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:48 AM

Not only that, but he got eaten by a huge tape worm and instead of panicking, he cuts its heart out then chainsaws his way out of the corpse. Marcus is badass fo' sho.

#5 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

And is covered in more blood than I have ever seen ever in a video game.

#6 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

Kain from "Legacy of Kain" series.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#7 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

View PostMentalist, on Feb 8 2009, 04:09 PM, said:

Kain from "Legacy of Kain" series.

Oh shit! I'd forgot! Mother fucker sold his soul and became a vampire just for revenge. Then went on to kill millions. Bravo.

#8 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

All while remaining the best-spoken game vampire ever made, and failing to ever become a completely "bad" character.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:35 AM

Looks like we're choosing the heroes/lead characters of games, so we can't use the bad guys?

I nominate Cloud Strife. Because he's swordsome.

The Nameless marine from the Doom series. Because he's gunsome

Agent Blastowitz from Wolfenstein. Because he kills nazies and doesn't afraid of anything.

#10 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

My favorite villian? http://finalfantasy....i/Kefka_Palazzo

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, Doomguy.

Attached File(s)

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Thank you Illy. As soon as Apt said The nameless marine I 1) agreed completely and 2) thought of that comic.

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

The lead character from the game 'Redline' (1996ish) is waaay more badass than any of those puny babies.

In the opening scene of the first level, he is living in his garage. He doesn't have a house, just a garage wedged between two other buildings. In his garage he has a car. A few seconds later 8-foot-tall, 400-pound, red-skinned cannibals take over the city with a wide variety of guns, rockets, lasers and cars that shoot laser-rockets. They look like this:

Posted Image

Our nameless protaganist who never talks, pissed about the radio not working (the DJ got eaten. Seriously), gets in his car and decides to go around teaching these cannibals a lesson. Since his garage door doesn't have a door opener, the very first thing you do in the game is drive/shoot a giant hole in your own garage door. Then you go around on a killing spree shooting red-skinned giant cannibals. Because the protaganist is so awesome, all the corpses he makes (plenty of civilians mixed in too) explode for no reason shortly after death. He's awesome like that.

After killing the entire town of cannibals, he goes and joins a gang which gives him opportunities to drive around mowing down legions of foes with no assistance or armor whatsoever. Other enemies include a gang that drugs themselves constantly so they can plug computers into their exposed brains, and a religious gang who worships the monsters from 20th century movies, thinking all those monsters will eventually come to life.

While that may sound somewhat approaching standard these days, bear this in mind: this game is from 1996, and yet it has all the in-and-out-of-vehicles type action that is prominent today. Redline is the Black Company of modern FPS gaming. This nameless protaganist was the first to do the hop-into-car-and-run-over-enemy style gameplay that Master Chief thinks is so unique and his own. Poser.

And of course, by the end of the game the protaganist is running the gang. This is his car and hood ornament:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by D'rek: 08 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#14 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

I also want to add that Ryu is as badass as they come, he is a ninja that saves the world twice. He fights demons and other ridiclous monsters that are insanely hard causing it to be one of the more frustrating games out there, for the unskilled.

Me, I dominate as Ryu, which is why I like him. Health is rare, boss fights are hard, but I beat that game. For anyone who has played it, they'll know how hard the bosses are. Now in moment of braggin about my skillzzz, the final boss in the game... which is the hardest, I beat him with my health so low that one hit would kill me. Yeah, I dodged everything he threw at me and massacred the s**t out of him. Yes, I posted this just to brag, I'm sorry.

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:17 AM

Ash Ketchum - Michael Vick has nothing on him.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

View PostStalker, on Feb 9 2009, 03:59 AM, said:

I also want to add that Ryu is as badass as they come, he is a ninja that saves the world twice. He fights demons and other ridiclous monsters that are insanely hard causing it to be one of the more frustrating games out there, for the unskilled.

Me, I dominate as Ryu, which is why I like him. Health is rare, boss fights are hard, but I beat that game. For anyone who has played it, they'll know how hard the bosses are. Now in moment of braggin about my skillzzz, the final boss in the game... which is the hardest, I beat him with my health so low that one hit would kill me. Yeah, I dodged everything he threw at me and massacred the s**t out of him. Yes, I posted this just to brag, I'm sorry.

Ryu as in Ryu from Street Fighter? Wut?

#17 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

View Postamphibian, on Feb 9 2009, 12:17 PM, said:

Ash Ketchum - Michael Vick has nothing on him.

Who could forget? Not only does the kid capture monsters, but he trains them and genetically modifies the mother fuckers only to battle them against OTHER high powered monsters.

#18 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

Rynn from Drakan: Order of the Flames. She tames a dragon, rides it around killing other dragons and effin giant rhinomonsters, giant trolls and succubi. Now, that's badass!

Posted Image

Oh, and Commander Shepard!

This post has been edited by Grimhilde: 09 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#19 User is offline   Karnadas 

• Seneschal Butyrum

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

I think Kratos from God of War has a good shot at the title... But then, for me, Sephiroth trumps all...

#20 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'd like to add a massive badass to the nominees...

Caleb, the protagonist of the original Blood.

First of all "I live... again!" is the best fucking opening line of any 3D FPS I have ever played. Second of all, the guy is just creepy, and handles more whacked out freaks than all of your badasses put together
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users