Malazan Empire: Mushroom Goes to Prague - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mushroom Goes to Prague Should there be anything I should be aware of?

#1 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:06 AM

To all the Euromalazanites, This July I be in the city of Prague. For Uni to be exact.

If there is anyone else that has been there before can you tell me some cool stuff about the place.
Stuff to see or do?
People to see or do?

Or anyone nearby even.

Prague is after all only a hope skip and a jump from the rest of Europe, By Australian Standards anyway.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

Mushroom, on Feb 4 2009, 03:06 AM, said:

Prague is after all only a hope skip and a jump from the rest of Europe, By Australian Standards anyway.

Or German standards aswell...

Enjoy the food, drink plenty of the cheap beer and enjoy the empty streets as half the population is currently building stuff up here in Denmark.

#3 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

Aptorian, on Feb 4 2009, 02:18 PM, said:

Mushroom, on Feb 4 2009, 03:06 AM, said:

Or German standards aswell...

Enjoy the food, drink plenty of the cheap beer and enjoy the empty streets as half the population is currently building stuff up here in Denmark.

:p

BUT BUT... Is it Full strength?

I just came back from China recently where as the beer is only at around 2.4% :p

#4 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

Ah yes, Prague makes very good beer.

And you absolutely HAVE to get a hotdog over there. It's like having a lap-dance on your tongue.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#5 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

2 words:

Sex clubs. :p

Cheers,

La Sombra, potential O/S trip in June/July also

This post has been edited by Sombra: 04 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6 User is offline   Valgard 

• Bored Microbiologist (not a good combination)

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

Not only is the beer full strength it is the best lager in the world and cost almost nothing as long as you don't drink in the main square. The city is also really really beautiful and there are loads and loads of sex shows for a young gentleman to avail themselves of. So whatever you do make the most of really cheap and delicious beer.

#7 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

I love Prague. Watch yourself though, last time I was there I got offered an insane amount of drugs and sex.
Good times. :p
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#8 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

Prague rocks.
The food isn't very refined but there's large helpings and it's cheap. The beer is something special - and cheap again.

A lot of bars also offer stripteases/ shows... capitalism started in the seedy belly :p
Absinth is available (don't know how that's in your regular place, but it isn't in Holland), too.
Last but not least: imho & experience, Czech girls are about the prettiest girls in Europe, and pretty open minded as well.

if you have time to go sight seeing: you must see the palace and walk the old city. Definately admire the Karl's Bridge (hard to miss). The museum of modern art isn't too bad either
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#9 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

If architecture is your stuff, check out the Cathedral of St Vitus (SP?) too. :p
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#10 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

Lisheo, on Feb 4 2009, 04:17 PM, said:

If architecture is your stuff, check out the Cathedral of St Vitus (SP?) too. :p

You know, I must have been there. Spent in total 3 weeks in prague over 2 vacations, but all I can really remember is, how through an alcoholic daze of happiness, everything seemed great :p don't remember the details :p

#11 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Absinth isn't allowed in the Netherlands? Wow, that's weird.... they are allowed cocaine, weed,... but no absinth (which isn't too much more than an alcoholic herbal tea these days anyways...). That's just weird.

Ah well, Prague is nice indeed. Personally I found the food pretty tasty. Granted, most restaurants serve the same dishes, so if you're gonna spend a week there I'm pretty sure you'll get sick of it by the end of the holiday, but it's nice food nonetheless.
Also very beautiful. A trip on the water is nice too, but really not necesairy. But it can be informative... and perhaps even romantic.
Czech girls are pretty indeed. I couldn't help but notice, when I was there, all the beautiful young girls waiting for the same subway as me. Not sure how out-going they are, since basically I was in Prague with my parents, so didn't really see a lot of the nightlife for that matter.

As far as beer is concerned: it's alright. Personally I'm a bigger fan of Belgian beers (probably because I'm from Belgium myself) but the Czech beers is definately a good second. It also isn't very expensive as far as I remember, which is a plus compared to the Belgian beers (who tend to get rather expensive at times, especially in the touristic centers)

Also, many parts of the Mission Impossible movie (first one) were shot in Prague... the bridge scene, for instance. Also the natural museum is pretty cool. Incredibly big though, my feet were rather tired after visiting it... and certain areas are just plain boring to me (I'm not too fond of rows and rows of fossils :p ) but the animal section was worth the visit imo. It's not allowed to take picture, unless you pay for it, but the people who are supposed to make sure you don't take pictures with a flash etc all seem to be short, fat ladies... in other words: it's easy to spot them, and they move between rooms so you can easily see when a room isn't guarded so you can take a picture anyways.

And as last I'd like to say Prague seemed kind of dirty to me, but then again there were many works going on when I was there, so it's probably a lot cleaner now.

Anyways, have fun! :p
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

I think he means real absinth. The stuff with that herb or what ever it was that gave it the halluciogenic/mind fuck ability. That suff is illegal all over most of Europe I think.

Now a days they're making the stuff with around a tenth/hundredth or something of the dose you'd have gotten in the olden days.

Also good absinth usually has a crazy alcohol level and costs a farm.

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

I went to a sex club once. I walked through the door and got hit over the head with a giant penis-shaped truncheon. Worst mugging ever.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Aptorian, on Feb 4 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

I think he means real absinth. The stuff with that herb or what ever it was that gave it the halluciogenic/mind fuck ability. That suff is illegal all over most of Europe I think.

Now a days they're making the stuff with around a tenth/hundredth or something of the dose you'd have gotten in the olden days.

Yup, that stuff - the one that destroys your short term memory.

#15 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Tapper, on Feb 4 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

Aptorian, on Feb 4 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

Yup, that stuff - the one that destroys your short term memory.

Well, the one they sell in Prague has that same small dose now though. At least I bought me a bottle of absinth in Prague, took it back home, and I don't get high on it or anything... (sure, I can get drunk of it, but that's not high)

However, a thing they also seem to have in Prague is weed in vodka (so basically a vodka-tea with pot :p ), you can often find it in sets of 3 different bottles of absinth and 1 bottle of that weed-vodka thing.
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake

#16 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

4 things for prague, if you return and understand, you had a fairly bizarre holiday:

Straight on then right
Midgets! Monkeys!
Harleys now!
Magic!!!

#17 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Macros, on Feb 5 2009, 07:40 PM, said:

4 things for prague, if you return and understand, you had a fairly bizarre holiday:

Straight on then right
Midgets! Monkeys!
Harleys now!
Magic!!!

I only understand the first one... I guess my holiday was only 25% bizarre... which is nice for my standards :p

#18 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

This Prague sounds like a Christian's nightmare.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users