• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who came first? you and you're dirty mind can stop that now! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Jan 20 2009, 08:26 AM, said:

Ahh...Jaghut alos have extra joints. This explains why Kilmandaros looks more like Toblakai than anything else.

I think Kilmandaros looks more like an enlarged FA then anything else.
She is described as having extra jointed limbs. But no description of Tusks.

From the Repear's Gale Prologue

"The naked creature that traversed the rough path formed by the fallen dragons was a match to their mass, yet bound to the earth, and it walked on two bowed legs, the thighs thick as thousand-year old trees. The width of its shoulders was equal to the length of a Tartheno Toblakai’s height; from a thick neck hidden beneath a mane of glossy black hair, the frontal portion of the head was thrust forward -- brow, cheek-bones and jaw, and its deep-set eyes revealed black pupils surrounded in opalescent white. The huge arms were disproportionately long, the enormous hands almost scraping the ground. Its breasts were large, pendulous and pale. As it strode past the battered, rotting carcasses, the motion of its gait was strangely fluid, not at all lumbering, and each limb was revealed to possess extra joints.
Skin the hue of sun-bleached bone, darkening to veined red at the ends of the creature’s arms, bruises surrounding the knuckles, a lattice-work of cracked flesh exposing the bone here and there. The hands had seen damage, the result of delivering devastating blows."

And from the Return of the Crimson Guard Prologue

"This unending strife of all against all wearied him. Why must they contend so? Was it truly no more than pettiness and childish prickliness, as Kilmandaros suggests? He would consider what it might take to end these eternal cycles of violence. And he would consult with Mother. It would, he imagined, take some time to find an answer. Should there be any."

Kilmandaros is described as being a seperate entity to whoever is the "Mother" of Denuth. Denuth is a "child of the earth" who is a Thel Aki. (Common Ancestor of the TTT, Teblor, etc)

#42 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Something I've been thinking on for a bit now is the nature of Elder Gods. We know that the normal gods all had to ascend first and then get worshippers, but what about the Elder ones?

Personally, I think they just... existed one day and that was that. Kilmandaros may be just a unique creature. FA tend to use finesse coupled with great strength (see Calm's attack on Karsa and co or Rhulad's assault on one in MT) whilst Killy just sticks with force.

#43 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

View PostBenji, on Jan 20 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

Something I've been thinking on for a bit now is the nature of Elder Gods. We know that the normal gods all had to ascend first and then get worshippers, but what about the Elder ones?

Personally, I think they just... existed one day and that was that. Kilmandaros may be just a unique creature. FA tend to use finesse coupled with great strength (see Calm's attack on Karsa and co or Rhulad's assault on one in MT) whilst Killy just sticks with force.

According to the Edgewalker/Cotillion conversation, Elder Gods are "elemental forces" whatever that is. But in Mael's/Krul's/Errants cases they did get weaker with the reduction of their worshippers.

It could be that they just came out of nothing. I don't know.

#44 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

Cutter called them "old, mostly forgotten gods." Probably means they are elemental forces.

Perhaps attaining antiquity, like critical mass, causes stuff to happen.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users