• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo III I can't find the old thread

#181 User is offline   Sparrohawk 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Does anyone get lag/dips in their FPS when a lot of enemies come on screen? For the most part the game runs much better in windows, but when there are a bunch of things going on in the game, the FPS often drops into the teens and it lags up. Anyone else have these issues or know any ways to solve them? I worry that when I move on to higher difficulties and play with 4 people that I will just be bogged down the whole time.

On occasion; usually when there's a mighty ton of effects going on in a co-op game. The friends I play with occasionally get it, too.

The game isn't really innovative in terms of story, or in fact anything else. I love the lack of attribute points and skill trees; that stuff bored me to tears, and was what stopped me from playing Diablo 2. Well, that and when one goes online, being subjected to all the very best in internet abuse because your build wasn't mathematically perfect. The game is a lot of fun, and calling down meteors, firing off what look like miniature galaxies (I play a wizard, lvl 46) and electrocuting demons is good stuff.

Although I do wish they hadn't made the female demon hunter wear high-hells. I mean, sure, eye candy and all that, but jeez.
"Sir, you are drunk!"
"Yes madam, I am, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly."

#182 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Think I'm gonna have to turn some settings down. I get rare but atrocious lag which forces a stop in recording.

#183 User is offline   DeuceDrizzle 

• Recruit

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostJLV, on 24 May 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Think I'm gonna have to turn some settings down. I get rare but atrocious lag which forces a stop in recording.

Yeah I am playing on a Mac with specs that are plenty good enough to run the game at higher settings, but I end up having to have most things lower. For the most part I can still play at the highest resolution but I have to turn everything else on low or off to be able to get pretty solid performance. I am not sure that they really optimized things very well (especially for Macs) and I am hoping that over time they will patch and things will get better.

#184 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

I'll just leave this here.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#185 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Did you just get downvoted by an alt? Look, if you're going to downvote somebody do it in person, who ever this soon to be banned person is.

#186 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostAptorius, on 25 May 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Did you just get downvoted by an alt? Look, if you're going to downvote somebody do it in person, who ever this soon to be banned person is.

Whoever made the Doloros Menhir alt didn't get banned, why should whoever made that repfairy alt? No, it wasn't me, I'm firmly approving of the CoC which is apparently no longer being enforced...

Anyway, D3, its fucking stupid that on a monk your offhand weapon's dps does not effect your dps at all, but is just a stat-stick. Putting a shield on as a monk in hell+ is pretty much standard play because you get better stats on a shield, plus the block+armor is needed for either of the melee classes on Hell.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 25 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#187 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

I reckon it is probably the same person making them. I find novelty accounts/alts funny when done right. I don't mind them at all really. But making an alt to downvote other people, that's just stupid and one of the reasons why they were banned in the first place.

#188 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

act 1 inferno. Things are getting fun!

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#189 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Meh, they called me sport at least in the neg rep.

Haha.

Using an Alt is pretty stupid, but it's probably someone who doesn't like me. I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the re-repification Apt. :)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#190 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostObdigore, on 25 May 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

View PostAptorius, on 25 May 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Whoever made the Doloros Menhir alt didn't get banned, why should whoever made that repfairy alt?

What's this? What DM alt? *narrow gaze*

*goes to investigate*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#191 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

I say, when I was an admin we knew every member by heart and could instantly recognice the apperance of alt accounts by the feel of the forum beneath our feet.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#192 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

...when you were an admin, there were like ten members. :)

No, in all seriousness, if this was in the Inn (and I imagine it was)...I don't go in there so much since the, er, degradation of the topics, shall we say.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#193 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

So, using my EXPERT DEDUCTIVE SKILLS I have determined what completely non-obvious plot hooks there are for these apparent two expansions!

Spoiler

Of course, finding a way to make these even slightly match the ending of D3 for climactic appeal is going to be tricky as balls.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#194 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 25 May 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

So, using my EXPERT DEDUCTIVE SKILLS I have determined what completely non-obvious plot hooks there are for these apparent two expansions!

Spoiler

Of course, finding a way to make these even slightly match the ending of D3 for climactic appeal is going to be tricky as balls.

You forgot that the Black Soulstone fell to the earth.

Its Adria and the Soulstone.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#195 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

SPOILERS!??!?!!?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#196 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 25 May 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Spoiler

Plot? Diablo 3? What?

I wrote better stories when I was in middle school.
Spoiler

I enjoyed Diablo 3, but in the end it's nothing special. As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard peaked in early-mid 2000 and has been going downhill every since.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#197 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

So, they patched the game recently and now the EU servers are in a state of perma-fucked. It's kind of nice how 23 hours out of 24 you can't sign in, and the hour you can is usually just before they shut the servers down for maintenance anyway. Oh wait, not nice. Incredibly frustrating. And that's just me, my brother only has about five hours out of every three days to play and so far over the last week he's managed to get about ninety minutes of gaming done due to this. They're doing such a fantastic job of public relations about it, too!

#198 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 31 May 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

So, they patched the game recently and now the EU servers are in a state of perma-fucked. It's kind of nice how 23 hours out of 24 you can't sign in, and the hour you can is usually just before they shut the servers down for maintenance anyway. Oh wait, not nice. Incredibly frustrating. And that's just me, my brother only has about five hours out of every three days to play and so far over the last week he's managed to get about ninety minutes of gaming done due to this. They're doing such a fantastic job of public relations about it, too!

Guess you guys should just move to NA.

The only problem I had signing in was during Maintenance when they were releasing the patch.

#199 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

So how far are you people? My barb is still lurking in act1 inferno.

Atm I spent my time either leveling up my wiz (24), searching AH for bargains that can be sold more expensive, or cheesing it up with my barb in inferno act4, aspect killing for lvl60 blues.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#200 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Haven't had much time to play lately, mostly buying stuff off the AH and sneaking through Inferno Act II (killed Maghda the other day). It's pretty hardcore out there.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users