• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 37 - spoilers The Rome game

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

View PostVengeance, on Jan 5 2009, 03:54 PM, said:

Looks like the game is going well. I want JA make Dibs explode too. I am really looking forward to seeing how Morgoth45 and the rest of the (so called) newbs play.

Agree. It seems they are the silent type... Silencer already 'warned' us about that. Silanah certainly does not qualify as a high poster. Oh well, as long as they can make a case or dare to reveal... two of them are finders, if I'm not mistaken, so they have a role to play.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Some more from Bent-Fener, who is thoroughly pleased and now knows what he's up against (or thinks he knows, anyway - he's nearly spot on). I clarified the win condition a bit, I want him (and The Man Whoctavian) to understand their position very clearly, especially where it concerns the other.

Hope this helps, if you have further questions, please ask.

Ahhhhh. SO Octavius and I are in the same faction, yet fighting against each other. Meanwhile there is another hidden recruiter for the republicans as well as a Brutus wild card. Very nice. Very very nice. So how about this.

Since Octavius and I are both in the same faction. He will be whispering in others ears, again its an assumption, if you cant tell me thats cool, So, if I kill Octavious do I gain his recruits? If so it may be worthwhile to let him live and recruit for a while. Hmmm. I think I will really like this game. Alt guess

Korlat is Lisheo?
Emur is Grief?

Those may be reversed.

There are only 1 type of recruits for the Julii faction, not ones for you and ones for Octavianus. Your followers don't care, either, they're 'just' Julii, not Marc Anthony's Julii.
So, 'your' recruits are also 'his' recruits, and vice versa if he can recruit, too.

The goal for you both is to be the last one standing with your faction, and somewhere along the way (or right at the end when all that remains is Julii) you have to get rid of Octavian to win.

Hope that makes sense :p

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

I'll be away for 1.5 hours or so, going home + doing some shopping.
Hope the whole neighbourhood won't explode in the meantime :p

#44 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

I will log in and take care of any questions that might arise....:p
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Bent-Fener getting a good grasp on his role. :p

Hope this helps, if you have further questions, please ask.

Ahhhhh. SO Octavius and I are in the same faction, yet fighting against each other. Meanwhile there is another hidden recruiter for the republicans as well as a Brutus wild card. Very nice. Very very nice. So how about this.

Since Octavius and I are both in the same faction. He will be whispering in others ears, again its an assumption, if you cant tell me thats cool, So, if I kill Octavious do I gain his recruits? If so it may be worthwhile to let him live and recruit for a while. Hmmm. I think I will really like this game. Alt guess

Korlat is Lisheo?
Emur is Grief?

Those may be reversed.

There are only 1 type of recruits for the Julii faction, not ones for you and ones for Octavianus. Your followers don't care, either, they're 'just' Julii, not Marc Anthony's Julii.
So, 'your' recruits are also 'his' recruits, and vice versa if he can recruit, too.

The goal for you both is to be the last one standing with your faction, and somewhere along the way (or right at the end when all that remains is Julii) you have to get rid of Octavian to win.

Hope that makes sense wink.gif

Makes perfect sense. Now all I have to do, is recruit everyone, kill Brutus, kill the republic and their recruiter off and then kill Octavius. Simple. HAHAHAHAAHA

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Baudin - Ruse

One question do i have permission to change my avatar to get rid of this stupid snowman? Il make sure to keep it watery if i cant find the original, but i just want to check before i do

I will ask Tapper. I don't have a problem with it but it is his game. :p

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Ampelas - J_slr

Praetor – Julii
You command a provincial army and have pledged your service to Marc Anthony. Now, you race to Rome to aid him in his bid for power. You have brought a small retinue of armed men from that province with you into Rome. They are men who are fanatically loyal to you, but they're also armed, violent barbarians and are thus watched closely by the city's garrison.

You're allowed three different actions, but may take only one per night. Once a power has been used, you lose it, permanently.
Night Power: target another player. That player is guarded during the coming day and has all his powers negated.
Night Power: target another player. That player receives a Bulletproof.
Night Power: target any player, including yourself. That player gains the following action:

Night Power: Once per game, you may send the name of another player to the mods. Both you and target player are killed. Bullet Proofs do not save you from your own destruction, but may save the other player.

Passive Power: you know the identity of Lepidus (Ruse). You may not reveal his identity or allegiance on topic and you may not vote for him.

Err... quick check, my powers don't have any expiry date on them do they?

No your powers only expiration is when you use them. There is no time limit or requirements on when they must be used.

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Baudin - Ruse

One question do i have permission to change my avatar to get rid of this stupid snowman? Il make sure to keep it watery if i cant find the original, but i just want to check before i do

I will ask Tapper. I don't have a problem with it but it is his game. smile.gif

I am now changing the avatar to

just tell me and il change it back

Ok just make sure you save the other one to change it back if you have to.

Vengeance.

#49 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jan 5 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Baudin - Ruse

Naturally.
It's funny how a bit of fresh air reminds you that you have a fridge and freezer full of perfectly good food, if only you'd make the effort of opening it... rather than buy it all anew.

I think Bent is definately getting the hang of it - now he just needs to smoke out Octavian, which is going to be hellishly difficult, of course.

Good to see J_slr is bringing much needed life and laughs.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

Baudin - Ruse

I will ask Tapper. I don't have a problem with it but it is his game. smile.gif

I am now changing the avatar to

just tell me and il change it back

Ok just make sure you save the other one to change it back if you have to.

Vengeance.

Yep I saved it to my computer before i changed

Very good. Now that is taken care of do you have any game related questions that I can answer. smile.gif

lol, not that I havent already asked and had cleared up. Now Im deciding whether to heal one of my leaders or risk a pot shot at killing one of the other factions... is a dilemma but I have a while to figure it out I think. Hopefully someone will be obviously of another faction and Il be able to kill them good tongue.gif

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

Gem - Omtose

As for using it: just send to the mods that you want to use it and all will be well.

Ehm...I can use it every night if I so choose?

Yes. The passive kill-thingie only works once though, not every night wink.gif . But basically, you can choose to be a riot shield for Brutus, if you want.

Do you mean once as in the first night, or once as in the first time someone targets me?

Night Power: Activate this power. Any action targeting Brutus will target you instead. Passive Power: The first time someone not of your own faction targets you successfully with a power, he is killed immediately and the power is cancelled. The second time someone not of your of your own faction targets you successfully with an power, the power is cancelled. After that, you are fair game.

The priority for these actions (should two or more target you at the same time) is: Kill over Find, Find over Guard, Guard over Heal. You cannot be recruited by other factions.

It doesn't say anything about it only being for the first night. :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Ampelas - J_slr
Having a good time.

Gods but this feels good! I am probably going to be dead by day 2, what with all the mad musing I am making, but this feels so good.....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Gem - Omtose

So...Kesso is someone new. That's helpful to know. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

View PostTapper, on Jan 5 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jan 5 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Baudin - Ruse

Naturally.
It's funny how a bit of fresh air reminds you that you have a fridge and freezer full of perfectly good food, if only you'd make the effort of opening it... rather than buy it all anew.

I think Bent is definately getting the hang of it - now he just needs to smoke out Octavian, which is going to be hellishly difficult, of course.

Good to see J_slr is bringing much needed life and laughs.

Hopefully he lasts for a couple of days at least. :p

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Alt146 - Galayn lord

sucks to hear that... bungled paperwork * sigh *.

Well, maybe it's a good thing that you weren't connected to the forum, especially seeing how you're not yet signed and everything... it might have made a bad impression otherwise and scared your future employer away wink.gif

Seriously, I don't mind if you sneak only the occassional post in. Work & everything else real life related comes first, simple as that, so take it easy.

Hehe that might not be so bad, since I'm contractually obliged to work for them for the next four years, unless they decide to cancel my bursary contract. Although it might take a bit more than malazan to get that right. Once I have a work PC (holding thumbs for a laptop) I'll get some wireless internet so I can at least check in a little during the day - at the moment have have internet for like 3 hours a day, which isnt nearly enough wink.gif

Anyway, gonna go check on the game.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

The Man who - Thyrllan

I'm quite quite mad.

Nonetheless, I was wondering if I'm meant to know ALL the other Julii besides Marc Antony? Because I only know 2. IS this correct?

That is correct. :p

#56 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hehe, I had Ment thinking 'oh fuck, we're heavily outnumbered' too, and he doesn't even know about Damocles' sword hanging by a thread above his faction leaders head, held in Bent's shaky paw... The advantage for the Julii and Brutii is that they work so much better together and have a more or less firm chain of command, and all the roles needed to cull the flock (Brutii only when Gavin dies, of course :p).

The Republicans really need Grief online, and using his ability, to shed some light on the game.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#57 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

HP: The Dude

Vox Populi – Republican
You're the 'voice of the people' and they love you for it. However, you're not doing this because you think they are important, but because they are a good powerbase that few in this room are daring to tap into, for the plebiscite is fickle, and has a penchant towards lynching their forming favourites. Whenever you have to say something, you say that which is appealing the most to the rabble outside. The people have no influence here, but the bakers, servants and slaves love to gossip and provide you with global information about the political environment.

Passive Power: after the Brutii, the Julii and the Pontifex Maximus have recruited/ deprogrammed, the mods send you the size of each faction (Brutii, Julii, Republicans). This ability is affected by Guards.

Day Power: Once per game, you can impose the will of the people on the senate by revealing your role during the day. No lynches will be possible on this day. But: you may not mention this power during your reveal. Only once day has turned into night may you reveal this Power. During the day, voting will happen as normal, but no lynch will take place. Instead, once the sufficient number of votes for a lynch (or night) has been reached, night starts.

Hmmm interesting role here. Looks like a day lynch BP (for me of someone else) after day 2. I can go nutz for a day, that combined with my knowledge of the faction "score" could be fun/powerful/interesting. This is my first all Cult game so I will probably make some mistake but, oh well :p Here's hoping I can stay alive for at least 2 nights.

Also question. Do I need to PM you that I am revealing or just do so on thread? What do I reveal, that I am the 'Voice of the people" is that sufficient?

Might be that Venge and I are both in P-S's hide, but here's the ruling:
you reveal everything about your role except for the day power and your alignment.

#58 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Shadowalist with two errors. No washing machine for him...

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that Fener was Venge
Since it can't be Venge, I'll assume it's The Dude, and try to jokingly get him lynched.

Mockra was only on once, and it was early. Could he be Yellow?

Could be... Going straight to SH with this.

#59 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jan 5 2009, 06:58 PM, said:

HP: The Dude

Vox Populi – Republican
You're the 'voice of the people' and they love you for it. However, you're not doing this because you think they are important, but because they are a good powerbase that few in this room are daring to tap into, for the plebiscite is fickle, and has a penchant towards lynching their forming favourites. Whenever you have to say something, you say that which is appealing the most to the rabble outside. The people have no influence here, but the bakers, servants and slaves love to gossip and provide you with global information about the political environment.

Passive Power: after the Brutii, the Julii and the Pontifex Maximus have recruited/ deprogrammed, the mods send you the size of each faction (Brutii, Julii, Republicans). This ability is affected by Guards.

Day Power: Once per game, you can impose the will of the people on the senate by revealing your role during the day. No lynches will be possible on this day. But: you may not mention this power during your reveal. Only once day has turned into night may you reveal this Power. During the day, voting will happen as normal, but no lynch will take place. Instead, once the sufficient number of votes for a lynch (or night) has been reached, night starts.

Hmmm interesting role here. Looks like a day lynch BP (for me of someone else) after day 2. I can go nutz for a day, that combined with my knowledge of the faction "score" could be fun/powerful/interesting. This is my first all Cult game so I will probably make some mistake but, oh well :p Here's hoping I can stay alive for at least 2 nights.

Also question. Do I need to PM you that I am revealing or just do so on thread? What do I reveal, that I am the 'Voice of the people" is that sufficient?

Might be that Venge and I are both in P-S's hide, but here's the ruling:
you reveal everything about your role except for the day power and your alignment.

No I had poped out to go get a bit to eat so that was all you.. :p

Vengeance

#60 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jan 5 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

Shadowalist with two errors. No washing machine for him...

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that Fener was Venge
Since it can't be Venge, I'll assume it's The Dude, and try to jokingly get him lynched.

Mockra was only on once, and it was early. Could he be Yellow?

Could be... Going straight to SH with this.

:p ;) :p :p

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users