• You cannot reply to this topic

Is the Dying God Icarium Lifestealer? Discuss

#21 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Ok, timeline is NOT important... :)
The pilot of the flying machine is... Interesting. More so as we don't actually know what Iccy's machine was supposed to do, only that it was inspired by one of K'rul's actions, but tbh, I can't see K'rul as the kind of guy who builds himself a flying machine for the lulz. He's soletaken and would have no need of it. Iccy is our best culprit for builder and pilot atm, but remember how SE likes to go back and explain things later?
Also, to be honest, what would Icarium be trying to do in Chaos? There's nothing there for him. He's no mage, he can't use the power there, and the same goes for the other warrens. Unless he was searching for something in particular, I can't see what his goal would be. I mean, do we know of any time that K'eul wandered the warrens for a reason that Icarium could accomplish with a machine?
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#22 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

View PostLisheo, on Feb 11 2009, 06:02 AM, said:

Ok, timeline is NOT important... :)
The pilot of the flying machine is... Interesting. More so as we don't actually know what Iccy's machine was supposed to do, only that it was inspired by one of K'rul's actions, but tbh, I can't see K'rul as the kind of guy who builds himself a flying machine for the lulz. He's soletaken and would have no need of it. Iccy is our best culprit for builder and pilot atm, but remember how SE likes to go back and explain things later?
Also, to be honest, what would Icarium be trying to do in Chaos? There's nothing there for him. He's no mage, he can't use the power there, and the same goes for the other warrens. Unless he was searching for something in particular, I can't see what his goal would be. I mean, do we know of any time that K'eul wandered the warrens for a reason that Icarium could accomplish with a machine?

Not that I have any clue what Icariums machine at the end of RG could possibly do, but you do mention he says if K'rul could do it then so could he(Icarium). I agree K'rul doesn't look like the flying machine type but he did carve out the warrens through Chaos using his body/ expanding his body. A connection between K'rul and Icarium through chaos is feasible....I just have no idea what could come from it other than he stole everyones memories and will use them to retrace his own...maybe they are trapped in chaos?

Ok done pulling wild conjectures out of my...
Sincerely,
L'oric
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#23 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostLisheo, on Feb 11 2009, 01:02 PM, said:

Well, since Chaos could be seen as the Beginning Icarium might have the idea that this is what he need to either reclaim his memories or maybe to get a fresh start.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#24 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

View PostL'oric, on Feb 11 2009, 01:15 PM, said:

Not that I have any clue what Icariums machine at the end of RG could possibly do, but you do mention he says if K'rul could do it then so could he(Icarium). I agree K'rul doesn't look like the flying machine type but he did carve out the warrens through Chaos using his body/ expanding his body. A connection between K'rul and Icarium through chaos is feasible....I just have no idea what could come from it other than he stole everyones memories and will use them to retrace his own...maybe they are trapped in chaos?

Actually it goes even further than the "If K'rul can do it, so can I" bit. Before going in, Iccy slashes his wrists. When K'rul shows Lady Envy in MoI a weird vision from which she is apparently shown him making the warrens, there is a bit that is K'rul cutting himself and bleeding (was it his wrists? can't recall). So that further connects Iccy's doings with K'rul's warren-making and not-so-much with interdimensional jet fighters...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#25 User is offline   Mavnak 

• Recruit

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

i never thought that iccy was in the machine

I'm thinking more along the lines of a new warren

This post has been edited by Mavnak: 03 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

who doesn't like randomness?

#26 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

Pretty sure it's Icarium's machine and that it has to do with Chaos.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 03 March 2009 - 05:21 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users