• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where should I go? Help!

#1 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

Well, my oyabun has recently come to the conlusion my poodles were tamed enough to manage another few days of work on their own, and now I'm being rewarded a week off at the end/beginning of the year. The problem is, those beautiful news came quite suddenly and I have made no plans how to spend that time yet. Sitting in my bed and watching anime for ONE WHOLE WEEK is out of question, soooo...

WHERE SHOULD I GO?

I think I'll stick to Europe - I don't think a week would be enough for Australia or Japan... unless you can convince me otherwise. :D I don't care if the destination is warm or cold, my travelling bag is big enough for both winter jacket and a bikini. It just has to be somewhere... nice.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I'm waiting for your suggestions.

HELP!
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#2 User is offline   Menandore 

• High Fist

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Edinburgh is always good and winter is a good time to come to Scotland cos if you go in the summer you will only be disappointed by the shit weather. At least in the winter you are expecting it :D

#3 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

MOSCOW!

Russia in the winter = win.

Of course, I love the snow and the cold and the shiny ice.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

Allright, first two entries on the list! Thanks! :D Both Edinburgh and Moscow sound great. It's just that I'll most probably be travelling alone - my usual bodyguard being a heart-broken couch-potato at the moment - so I kind of think Moscow wouldn't be such a good idea... I wouldn't want to end up in the news as one more body they fished out of the Moskva River... :p Edinburgh, on the other side... mmmm... *checking flights*
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#5 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

How about Turkey, relatively inexpensive, friendly people, good food, lots to see and do. I went and loved it as did two of my relatives. They normally have great deals available.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#6 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

I dont recommend Geneva, as it's poo. Berlin is good though, and I hear Koln is excellent. Oxford's a lovely place if you havent been, and I couldnt not suggest Granada in the south of spain, purely because the weather is always lovely and the Alhambra Palace is there, which is just superb.

#7 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

snowboarding!!

#8 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

Top of the list for my next Euro destination is the Italian Lakes. Followed by Florence, Paris, Brussels, Barcelona, Crete, Sardinia, Stockholm, Copenhagen ...... ok I'll stop, it's a long list! The Italian Lakes are definitely top though :D Then there is the South America list, the South East Asia list and the rest-of-the-world list. I'll never make a dent in it! I'm currently trying to get to a conference in Tokyo next year which would at least be a freebie!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#9 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Luxemburg for the sightseeing
but since it alone is not enough for the entire week, Brussels, and the Benelux area in general.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#10 User is offline   Lost Marine 

• Fist

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

I'll add my vote for Edinburgh, it's my favorite town over there. Although Prague is a very close second.

On a totally unrelated note the bikini comment just now made me realize you were a girl, I've been thinking you were some weird Eastern European Gangster type with a severe kung fu fetish for the whole time I've been here. Unless I've been here longer then you in which case since you got here.

^
|
Comment unrelated.

#11 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

View PostMacros, on Dec 16 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

snowboarding!!

My mountain :D

Come to The US, Bubba will show you a good time.......

#12 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:05 AM

SPARTA!

#13 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

You should go to The Hague so you can stalk Tapper for me. :D

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#14 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

Curiously enough I'm experiencing the same sort of dilemma regarding my post-deployment leave next year. Thinking of taking a month off around June - July. Canada or Europe?

As for you, how about Morocco!? It's right next to Europe and a nice blonde lady like you should fetch a good price ... :p

Cheers,

La Sombra, oh, was that out loud? :p

EDIT: "Well, my oyabun has recently come to the conlusion my poodles were tamed enough to manage another few days of work on their own ..." Sounds like the start of a Hunter S Thompson novel. :D

This post has been edited by Sombra: 17 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

South Africa
Its summer...:p
Its cheap (for you at least :D)
ITs beautiful.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#16 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

View PostTerez, on Dec 17 2008, 08:31 AM, said:

You should go to The Hague so you can stalk Tapper for me. :p

Since when is stalking a business that can be done by substitute?

I'd recommend Prague, although the spring might be a better season, seeing how it might be freezing cold there right now. It is definately one of my all time favorite places.
Or, go to Kyoto. I seriously LOVE that city, the perfect mix of tradition and the new Japan, and enough to see for a week. Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji (golden and silver pavillions) should look amazing in snow.
Too bad Miho Museum is closed until March :D

As TT said, Sevilla should be amazing, too... I've never been there, but I want to! Barcelona or Madrid (for the museums, not for architecture... Franco was rather fond of pompous stuff) should be good places as well. Or London. London is always good.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#17 User is offline   Valgard 

• Bored Microbiologist (not a good combination)

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

I will also recommend Edinburgh. I moved here for uni and 8 years later haven't been able to leave yet. It is a really lovely place to visit and easy to get to other parts of scotland such as Glencoe, Inverness, Aviemore or Glasgow (though why you'd want to go there is anyone's guess :D).

Other than that Prague is great or maybe Krakow. Talinn is also a really nice place to visit. Italy is always great as is spain or france.

#18 User is offline   LadyMTL 

• Epic bookworm

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:45 PM

I went to Spain a few years ago (in the summer, mind you) and it was awesome! I've been to both Granada and Seville and I'd give the edge to Seville, mainly because Granada has the Alhambra and not much else. Whereas Seville would probably have a lot more to keep you entertained...and it's closer to Madrid too, so you could take the AVE train and pop on over. (I think Granada is like 6 hours by train from Madrid).

Anyway...other than that, I'd say come to Canada! If you live anywhere in Europe or the UK you'll get a great exchange rate, there's tons of snow here in Montreal right now so you can ski or snowboard to your heart's content, plus it's a frickin big country so you'll have lots to see! :D Canada, baby, Canada!
~ Denn die Toten reiten schnell. (Lenore)

#19 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Florence is a beautiful city, and good at this time of year as it's quiet so you can see everything you like without any hassle. It's not far to Rome from there, either, perfect for a week.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#20 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

I happen to agree with the Edinburgh and Florence references, Italy is a really beautiful place (in regards to the latter).

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users