• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#1141 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

i know what you mean about implied, hell i jsut did something similar, where it meant something in my mind but came out sounding stupid, fact is though theres a case built not only on the slipup but on other things too. Passivity is very hard to defend in any case, but even if you dont think you can convince people, you need to make the effort in the first place, caus enot trying definitely wont work.

if you have a knockdown case, anging about you should use it now, defending yourself is all fair and well, but if we have only you as an option, well it doesnt leave swing voters much room for discussion. If you had a case from day 2 you thought was better than rashan, well lets hear it.

#1142 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

View PostD'riss, on Nov 28 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

sigh
really isn't much I can do atm to prove i'm inno, short of dying. :p

I do want to know why Thyr just dropped a vote on me--it took me like an hour to write that defence, at least he could've pointed out what he didn't like :D

personally i think hes just distancing, but then im a stubborn sonofabitch :p there wasnt much reasoning displayed he just echoed the stuff already on thread, not that i expect everyone to make a massive case, but highlighting speicif points you agree with so people udnerstand your reasoning is a good start.

#1143 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Well, I shalll write a case. once I get to the display and set up my laptop.
Right now I'm eating oatmeal, and in all likelyhood I'm already late (there was some ambiguity about when I had to be there)

Personally, I do not like Kas, but now i'm also gonna have to look into Thyr, who also had a wasted vote on Day 2.

#1144 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

Sorry my vote wasn't bolded on purpose, it was a joke for poor Silly who is paid to be bored :D

#1145 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

K, im gone
back shortly

#1146 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 28 2008, 01:32 PM, said:

Sorry my vote wasn't bolded on purpose, it was a joke for poor Silly who is paid to be bored :D

dude i am paid to solve peoples problems and i do it very well, problem is coming up to chrimbo it gets really fucking slow :p

#1147 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 28 2008, 02:32 PM, said:

Ya, I see so now - votecount is fixed :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1148 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

dude i am paid to solve peoples problems

Now THAT's a scary thought :D

#1149 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 28 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

dude i am paid to solve peoples problems

Now THAT's a scary thought :p

well paid :D

#1150 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

I went back and took a look at the last lynch. I put in the last couple of people in Red. Now it has been my experience in the past that during slow times Scum try to drive people to lynch someone so that they can go to night.

I don't have time to make a full case with connects so I am just going to put down my thoughts.

Silanah was aggressive at the beginning of day one but since then has quieted down and seemed to fit right in. No real pressure against him. Other then me questioning one of Gamelons night posts he has also managed to slid down below the radar. The same people that drove the lynch of Rashan who came up CI are the people who are driving the lynch of D'riss. Now this doesn't mean that D'riss isn't scum but it should give you pause if you are sure that your an innocent. At this stage in the game we have to assume that there are 3 baddies out there. So you don't have to look very hard to realize that the scum are only a couple of days away from being able to win this game.

I will try to get on later and see if there are more connections between Silanah and Gamelon.

View PostPath-Shaper, on Nov 26 2008, 06:26 PM, said:

It's day 2. There's 7 hours and 54 min left of the day.

10 players remain:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah

6 votes needed to lynch
5 votes needed to go to night

4 votes Rashan - Gamelon, Silanah, Korlat, Tennes, D'riss, Liosan
1 vote Liosan - Rashan
1 vote Fener - Thyrllan
1 vote Thyrllan - Kaschan
1 vote Tennes - Liosan (removed vote and voted for Rashan)

Players who have not voted:
D'riss, Fener

View PostPath-Shaper, on Nov 28 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

It's day 3. There's about 25 hours left of the day

8 players remain:
Thyrllan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Fener, Silanah

5 votes needed to lynch
4 votes needed to go to night

3 vote for D'riss (Thyrllan, Silanah, Gamelon)

Players who have not voted:
Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Fener

This mod's PC has gone bonkers and now ALL the text on this forum is bolded for some reason sad.gif So I'm assuming that whenever I see the words vote and a name they're bolded until I sort this out... Sorry for any confusion - I'm not sure if Gam's vote was a joke or not.

Edit - overrode firefox's default text settings. Looks horrible, bu I can see bold again. Fixed the vote count

#1151 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

is that a case on gamelon and I?

#1152 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

Our names are blue. Is blue bad?

#1153 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

It isn't a case yet. Cause I haven't had time to go through and get together other posts. But it is something that people should look at.

View PostGamelon, on Nov 28 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

Yes Blue is bad.

#1154 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

View PostKaschan, on Nov 28 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

It isn't a case yet. Cause I haven't had time to go through and get together other posts. But it is something that people should look at.

View PostGamelon, on Nov 28 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

Yes Blue is bad.

is that a fruedian slip?

cause like you are a blue squiggly line.... jsut syaing :thumbsup:

#1155 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

hahaha

#1156 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Well...I'm around for a while.

I want to wait a bit before I vote - we have a time freeze, after all. And I certainly want to see where Kaschan is going with this!

#1157 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

@Silanah. My feelings with D'riss are split - it could be a genuine mistake, in which case I would feel like a total dick for voting him. But if it isn't...we are all assuming worst-case scenario, yes? Which means it's a lynch-right or lose situation, yes? So we need to really carefully consider all possible angles here. *sigh*

Personally, I'll probably end up voting D'riss. Unless Kaschan comes back with something real good...

#1158 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

okay, so this took longer than expected
Uni centre had internets, but instable, so it would stubbornly NOT let me use the search post fuinction
I also have a fucked up, debilitating headache in the back of my head that makes me want to just lie down and die

nonetheless, I will now attempt to make a case. Then I have to go cook food, eat sid food, and go get epically wasted, as the semester ended today, and I won;t hav anymore chaces to do that in the next 3 weeks, due to fun-fun exams

#1159 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

early comment on the Kas's case, part 1.
if Gamelon and Silanah are both killers, GOD HELP US ALL!!!
that is all.

okay, now i'm actually gonna go try to find something

#1160 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

I have gone back over the last couple of days and taken a look at the posts to see if there is anymore evidence of linkage between Gamelon and Silanah. It is what I didn't find that seems to stand out. Both started yesterday making very good cases against Rashan. They both then made light of everyone elses cases and eventually pushed through a lynch on a innocent that they both wanted. This game has seriously slowed down do to the holiday here in the states. When a game slows it has been my experience that the killers are forced to take a more direct hand in getting lynches going. Today started off with both Gamelon and Silanah making cases not against Liosan who was on the chopping block yesterday but at D'riss. They will say that they interaction between themselves has been because no one else was on. That is a convenient excuse. Below I have included the cases that they made against Rashan who was a CI and some other interesting posts.

View PostGamelon, on Nov 26 2008, 02:47 AM, said:

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 07:27 AM, said:

@ Gamelon: timezones are a bitch, I know. anyone else you ssupect aside from rashan?

I fail to understand why there is any problem about wanting to get Rashan lynched today. Just because he was in the spotlight yesterday doesn't mean the case against him is less likely to be valid. This is not the Fashion Scene, there is no "cool" and "uncool" target.

In summary:

- Started the day by spamming a lot, admits it himself

- At some point, Shadow defends him, which for a killer is gold. After that, he decided to tie himself to Shadow and defends him back, etc. If you're inno, being defended by someone doesn't mean anything about that person, so there's no point "returning the favor" with the enthousiasm he did on day 1. Unless he's a killer knowing that Shadow is inno. Then, after Shadow's CF, he quickly recalls everyone that they were "almost lovers" in the eyes of everyone, which is a falsity and an attempt to cash on Shadow's commitment to defend him

- After the Liosan/Ano thing, he says that they might both be scum, then calls them VPI and PI. Again, that makes no sense whatsoever, VPI and PI arise from circomstances that have nothing to do with "the way people respond" or "the way they behave". It has to do with game mechanics logical conclusions. Why would he PI/VPI anyone for no reason? Like this he can kill them and proudly show that he "defended/PIed an inno", which he did after the NK.

- When Shadow mentioned his hypothesis that Liosan and Ano could be scum, he went back to his "lover rubbing" and switched back to his original post. He says he originally considered them suspicious, but after their reactions and the fact that PS ignored the ninja, he changed his mind and saw them as PI. That makes no sense logically at all, when you see a ninja attack on someone the obvious conclusion is that (at least) the ninja is inno, since that's how he is in the role list. Thus, he has no justfication for his switcharoos, except the ones I just mentioned.

- During the night, posts these posts that bugged me like I said before

- Today, wants to turn the page to look somewhere else. Why? We learned things on day 1, tough shit if he's in the heat. And today, he managed to equate continuing to put pressure on him and Sil as "scummy", which is absurd. Of course there's probably another killer that we are not on to right now, but why not use the information we have? Maybe we DID have on under heat on day 1.

- He starts making those spam-multi-quote-and-comments on everyone, which like I said earlier is counter-productive. You chose a target and explain why you find that person scummy, and vote. Let others judge your case and make their own on different targets if they want to. And if he's doing this a favor to us all, then do it on everyone, not just on 5-6 chosen targets. I know he didn't do it one everyone since he didn't do it on me, at least.

-Also, his "WTF? 2 players reading the thread? Stop lurking people post post post post" numerous comments piss me off. This is NOT a slow game, and we DON'T have lurking players, forcing others to post is just a way to add other's spam to his own and make the game harder.

vote Rashan

View PostSilanah, on Nov 26 2008, 05:13 AM, said:

Again, you ran off before i could talk to you yesterday :)

@driss - the liosan thing, i meant because you both were posting double posts, hence the double triple post comment in my edit. One thing i especially didnt like though was how you came out and said you dislike basing votes on day1?? wtf where else are you going to base a day 2 vote than what happened the day before. All day you have been covering for rashan, and pushing his idea that liosan /fener/ kaschan are the scum. Thats fishy in itself.

@gamelon - I am not trying to make friends with anybody, i am basing my ideas on liosan being innocent because the chances of him being scum in my opinion are about 25%, and even then givent he nature of a fake reveal on day 1 he is at worst a symp. He fits the bill for that very well, but then so do a lot of people (see above at driss) depending on who we consider to be scum.

I gave you twelve hours rashan and to be perfectly honest i dont think you have helped the case at all, you are pushing to lynch kaschan and seem intent to accuse everybody of this and that, yet your cases are desperate, quoting every post in the hope that length will give them credence. You draw soem good posts, but seriously its day 2 we have 10 players left, worst case we get today and tomorrow and we are done. I cant in any good conscience vote for your case on kaschan when you remain my top suscpect especially when its for a low poster who is impossible to get a read on.

Looking back i also find it odd that thyrllan came jumping out of the woodwork with some very helpful posts just when the tide started to turn against low posters. If rashan is scum i would have thyrllan as his partner and driss his symp.

vote rashan

i made my cases yesterday, and last night, and this morning gamelon summarised them pretty well. There is no other case that has come close today and if people think voting for a non active player is the way to go then fine do so, but i think we are risking the game with a stupid lynch if we do. there is no viable way to get a lead on kaschan unless they post more. Not only that but his lynch and subsequent cf will tell us absolutely nothing about who is linked with him, be it inno or guilty as he has had nearly no interaction with other players than the symp dealing with rashan.

View PostFener, on Nov 26 2008, 06:26 PM, said:

I hate how we are down to voting the 2 people That I feel are the biggeset symp candidates. I would much rather vote Thry, but I feel it would go unheeded and we do need a lynch. My biggest symp suspect is Liosan and I feel there is no way he is a killer. If he is the symp, the killers reside in the group of Game, Tennes, Thyr, Korlat and to a lesser extent Kasch. Thus me wanting to vote Thyr as he is the only one of that group with a vote. Interesting to note, Liosan brings up Tennes and D'riss as killer suspects... so maybe that pairs down the possibilities some (but only if he is a symp). Rash is also symp candidate, but also.... he could be a killer. Drawn into the game a little early doing his usual spamming, getting called out, being high poster and just rolling with it. I want to give it a couple more hours. right now, I am not going to vote. I really hate voting for the symp :D

I will be back though, and if its the difference between a lynch or no lynch. I will always chose the lynch.

View PostGamelon, on Nov 27 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

From the living players, the only one I'm having good vibes from is Fener, at least I never said "what??" reading one of his posts.

I disapprove with Liosan's behavior, but unless there was something happening day 1 that I missed twice, I can't figure out why a scum would pull his stunt. With the CF on the involved players that we had since, scum team., whoever they are, was safe at the time, and getting everyone's eyes on you had absolutely no point.

Silanah is behaving like he's playing with his girlfriend, mother-in-law and grandmother watching him. I don't know what to say about that.

Did Thyrllan post yesterday? I can't remember, but I hope he won't get modkilled because that would probably mean he's inno, and that might lose us the game.

I would put the killers in the Kaschan-D'riss-Korlat trio right now.

View PostSilanah, on Nov 27 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on Nov 27 2008, 10:23 AM, said:

View PostSilanah, on Nov 27 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

I am playign to win, Gamelon, and i am sorry but you three look like the most possible today, though korlat is hard to read and you and i despite early misgivings agree on many points therefore coupled with my previous case, kaschan is my vote.

Stop being whiny and excuse yourself all the time. This is meta, but it makes my skin crawl coming from you. Early in the game I thought you were playing way too safe/friendly to be innocent, and that was before I alt-guessed you.

When did I say I had a problem with your vote on Kaschan? I agree with you that he sounds scummy specially if he is the one making the strange posts I noted yesterday in my quick catch-up, and not Tennes. There's a few other things he said I should come back to because the first time around I let them slide thinking he was our new player Sir Tuesday, now I see why meta is dangerous :p

I just found it strange you innocented D'riss from the night kill when I had intentions of making a case on him.

i am not making driss innocent - i just narrowed down the field for todays lynch by what happened yesterday. Driss and thyr both defended rashan and went for liosan without reason. Rashan eventually got voted off but the train could have run very early and there was hesitation from both those players which stalled it and allowed for the large mess that happened with liosan self voting and kaschan making queries.

For today i think that i need to look at those two and you for th ebest bet to stave off losing. You are in that grouping so i doubt you would agree, but no matter what happened with liosan, i still cant agree to voting him off. the reasoning is in part justified to do so, but it seems too risky a maneouvre for day 1 scum. If a good case is made on one of those four i will cosnider moving my vote, but i dont want to vote liosan, and in my mind rashan was closely linked with driss and thyr, by their actions and by other players.

if rashan was a symp - could see them two being killers though, hmmm, but then its the situation of a master defending the symp. If mrogo has allowed the kilelrs to know their symps i will be fucking raging :thumbsup:

I find it strange that everyone was yelling at me over saying that in a best case senario Bent might have gotten a symp. Now Silanah is saying that if Rashan was a symp. That seems a best case senario to me.
I am pretty sure that at least one of them is a killer. Based off of my earlier thinking with Gamelon (his night post from night one) I have to say that Silanah is the killer and Gamelon is his symp. Right now my suspect list goes Silanah, Thyrllan, and Gamelon as a symp.

Vote Silanah

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users