• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for RoTCG Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

View PostAbyss, on Oct 30 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

It's all part of the same story. I see no reason to separate the two when the authors themselves aren't going to.

Things have evolved from when this forum was started. Then it was just SE. Even when NoK initially came out it was in limited release. RCG is fully out there as much as any current SE book. You can walk into any bookstore and buy it a easily as a copy of TtH. Thus, it's fairly part of the forums and right where it's supposed to be imnsho.

This way, if you intend not to buy RCG you know what boards to avoid, but there really isn't any point in adding extra boards to 'layer' things, ie: a TtH board WITH RCG spoilers, a TtH board WITHOUT RCG spoilers, an RCG board WITH TtH Spoilers, an RCG board WITHOUT... etc etc ad nauseum.

The only point in time when this is going to be a 'problem' is when DoD is released, if you haven't read RCG yet. But my guess is the majority of the forum will have and will want to discuss w/big heaping globs of ICE book spoilers because they are relevant and it adds a level of fun.

- Abyss, ..yes, 'globs' is a technical term...

I think Abyss has the right about this.

The distinction between the authors is lessening in my opinion, it's part of the same whole rather than two distinct seperate entities with differences in abundance. The two need to be read together to understand various plotlines in the future, this more than anything should convince you that the two authors have merged their works completely.

When NoK was released there were few things which impacted on the main series, mainly acting as extra information from the past for readers, but with RotCG it heavily impacts on the series so I think this spoiler-free TtH and RotCG discussion is necessary.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users