#81 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Blacksox, on 01 September 2011 - 02:10 AM, said:

Migol, on 25 July 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

LordofTheFallen, on 25 July 2011 - 02:56 AM, said:

I think the difference between this guy and raest is that this guy is "the most powerful and destructive" while raest was cruel and brutal. so the difference being this guy may simply enslave darujhistan while raest would have possibly wiped it off the map for the hell of it.

That said, I wonder who could possibly match up against this guy. Rake is gone and all the other really powerful ascendants or mages are on another continent, (assuming it follows the timeline, which it should.) Karsa and Kallor are still around but Kallor is all talk and Karsa hasn't fought someone like this before.

I'm Excited!

You also have:

1) Kruppe; while we haven't seen him in a fight (Pust aside...), he's tipped his hand IMO to being at least High Mage status, what with teleporting weapons and such halfway around the world in TCG under Olar Ethil's nose, and various other shenanigans like frustrating Barak (Torrud member).
2) Raest may get involved? The Azath are fading according to Tayschrenn, and it's not inconceivable that it gets destroyed or releases him to fight a bigger threat. (also, Tufty!)
3) Lady Envy was also there with her lover Fisher if memory serves. She's Draconus' daughter and has her pet seguleh.
4) Several retired Bridgeburners. Probably still have some munitions stored somewhere. Also, pickled seguleh in their bar that were placed there in readiness against the tyrant?
5) The Seguleh 2nd is probably still riding around somewhere screaming "SKINNER!" 3 books later. In all seriousness he'd have no way to know where to go barring weird undead tracking powers
6) Although it's a bit iffy that he's still in the city, Caladan Brood was last seen breaking Dragnipur in the company of Barak. This same Barak who's been agonizing about the return of the Tyrant, and might notice that he's playing host to one of the world's most powerful ascendants with a hammer that can destroy -anything-. If he didn't at least mention the problem I'd be disappointed.

First off I don't believe Kallor is all talk. Kallor has pretty much got the better of everyone we have seen him come up against with the exception of one. And that one has beaten everyone we have seen him face.

Their is a couple of other major powers on hand not mentioned yet.

1. Dassem Ultor is in Darujhistan last we heard.

2. Draconis is mentioned in the blurb and might choose to intervene.

3. I think Spite is still there as well. Not postive about that.

Has the potential to be the biggest convergence yet IMO

Spite isn't there. She left on a boat with Cutter.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#82 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Mentalist, on 08 October 2009 - 03:54 AM, said:

...I really don't see why people think Hood would have much to do in Darujhistan...

I'm wondering whether there may not be an after-effect from Hood having 'died' there.

saint trull, on 26 September 2010 - 09:18 PM, said:

the daughters of Karsa... wonder if they are as badass as their father. Then again they did kill some hounds of light, so...

Actually they just distracted one, but even so it's an interaction i'm curious about.

I'm also wondering whether events in TCG ended Karsa's stay in Daru'n and that he and his daughters are next seen in SE's trilogy, rather than OST

...It would be pretty cool if there was a raest vs hood showdown, hood lost, and raest became the lord of death.

Not unthinkable, altho both of them have mellowed somewhat.

That said, TCG SPOILER
Spoiler

Migol, on 10 April 2011 - 11:22 PM, said:

I'm just a bit sad that noone's mentioned Iskaral Pust yet. ...

And still resident in D'stan as of the end of TtH.

Imperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 25 July 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm interested if the Kiska/Leoman/Tayschrenn plot will be advanced. ....

Given how they Kiska and Loeman ended up in SW, it seems likely we'll see them, probably as an ongoing plotline separate from the main events again.

Also, would ST and Cots have any hand here in this novel, ...

Put it this way... one of both of them have appeared in every ICE novel so far.

I'm still wondering whether the ultimate Jaghut Tyrant-King may turn out to be Raest after all. We've seen history get messed with any number of times.
Tho the Tyrant-King's apparent links to the Torrud Cabal and the Seguleh seem to make that impossible.

That said, the Seguleh link leaves it open for the Second to show up, especially if we see another instance of Skinner and his Disavowed showing up to steal something powerful.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#83 User is offline   Blueiron 

• Acolyte of Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

well, as much as I'm a cat-lover...
Spoiler

QBFTW!

#84 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

Haven't you seen what Jaghut can do with undead these days??

Spoiler

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users