• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

spam in book forums mal thinks there's too much

#21 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Seeing as I rarely venture into the book forums at the minute (though that will hopefully change when I get time to start another re-read) I assumed this was a spam as in "get your p3n15 englarged!!!one" type spam. Not the friendly jipe type spam.
I was going to suggest a lightening up but 12 in a row as hetan mentioned earlier does seem an excessive bit of dicking around, I had a point to continue here but it seemed to get lost in the thought process.
Yes there it is, I understand a line has to be drawn in the sand but surely the occassional one liner or song adaptation is acceptable to cheer the troops?

#22 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

I'd have to agree with that, Macros. Hell, tangents are OK, as far as I'm concerned. It's the real de-rails that bug me.

And yes, I have certainly noticed people being more angry and easily provoked recently. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#23 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

Angry? Not at al- ILL KILL YOU, ALL OF YOU!!!!!

On a serious note, Ive noticed the same thing. I wont lie, Ive occasionally told members to mind their manners lately in certain threads, but I always have a valid reason.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#24 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

One liner spam sux.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#25 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:38 AM

I will throw my name out there as well Mal. I have loved this forum since I first joined. I try to make it a habit NOT to spam outside the Inn, Hence my post count. But I do read and enjoy the Book threads. So if you want any help I'm willing......and if I were you I would ban Bent for that last post.............J/K

#26 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

I would be happy to moderate some of the book areas, since I like this place a lot, and would like to give something back.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#27 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

I am totally in agreement with Mal on this, I find it incredibly anoying that threads in the book forums are derailed by twats trying to boost their post count etc. I'm sure we have all wanted to crack a joke about one of our friends based on a post in a book forums but it's about showing restraint when the joke isn't adding anything to the topic. to make a point and crack a joke then fine.

I don't really care about any of the other areas except the book forums, the discussions and the other fantasy. The movies and music, art etc are all ripe for some spamming in varying degrees by their very nature.

As for the agression you have to remember that the mods are all a bit stressed by some of the bitching and once again I'm with them, they have done a great job and the level of whining about various aspects (rep, babies) has been totally unacceptable. You also have to remember that some of us are actual real-life, as in we see each other in the flesh, friends off the forum so some posts need to be taken with a pinch of salt that might not be immediately apparent.

I would happily offer my modding talents, you guys have my number if you need a big cat on the case.
I AM A TWAT

#28 User is offline   Jude 

• Jude
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:49 AM

whoa! I had no idea things were so hot! I only joined like a month ago and have stuck mostly to the book forums so maybe that's why I didn't notice? While I admit I do enjoy tangents on certain posts, (I think there was even a time where someone went on a tangent in a thread I myself started and I posted something like "whoa! this thread just got alot better!" before also diving into what was now being discussed") but reading this thread has been an eye opener. I had no idea you guys had to deal with so much shit. I'll try and watch that as much as possible from now on. Sorry guys. Also, I'll post it in the "looking for moderators" forum as well but if you are still looking (I know I'm a little late) I could take something on in the book forums--anything before RotCG--if you need me to. I have a whole lot of nothing to do at my job so it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

#29 User is offline   ChrisW 

• Da'tsang
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 17 October 2008 - 03:03 AM, said:

The unwillingness of the staff and the influx of new members at the time led to a rapid decline in the quality of conversation in the book forums. The owner at the time was gutless and wasn't even a hardcore fan of the Malazan books (ChrisW, this means you).

Wow, way to rewrite history fucktard...oh wait I already called Ano that...let me start again.

Wow, way to rewrite history turdbrain. The problem with dribbling shit is that the smell will eventually attract pests. So I wasn't a "hardcore" fan of the books. I wonder why I wasted hundreds of dollars and hours of time to maintaining the forum then? Guess I was just in it for a power trip? Apparently a "Gutless" power trip at that. When I did loose interest in the books the keys were given back to Rake(2005), Hetan was an admin and I faded away. Do I get some cred for making Hetan an Admin shitforbrains?(I still fondly remember Ano crying like a bitch over that).

Heh QuickTiadal ya moron. That comback took a wee bit more time than two hours. I've been working on it for 4 years non stop. How'd I do?

#30 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

You're a strange person ChrisW. You were on your way out of the forum around the time I signed up in 06. You had a hissyfit and stormed out a short time later. Since then I've never seen you post anything other than inflammatory bullshit. You don't seem to have any friendly connection with the remaining members. You don't seem interested in taking part in the book discussions? Why do you even come around here any longer? Nostalgia? Some feeling of entitlement? Most people here have no idea who you are any longer. The ones that do I doubt care much for you.

#31 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Well at least Gust posts nice things when he resurrects absurdly out of date threads; for that he can be forgiven.

This, on the other hand...why even bother?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#32 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostBubba, on 18 October 2008 - 03:38 AM, said:

I will throw my name out there as well Mal. I have loved this forum since I first joined. I try to make it a habit NOT to spam outside the Inn, Hence my post count. But I do read and enjoy the Book threads. So if you want any help I'm willing......and if I were you I would ban Bent for that last post.............J/K

View PostCougar, on 20 October 2008 - 08:27 PM, said:

I am totally in agreement with Mal on this, I find it incredibly anoying that threads in the book forums are derailed by twats trying to boost their post count etc. I'm sure we have all wanted to crack a joke about one of our friends based on a post in a book forums but it's about showing restraint when the joke isn't adding anything to the topic. to make a point and crack a joke then fine.

I don't really care about any of the other areas except the book forums, the discussions and the other fantasy. The movies and music, art etc are all ripe for some spamming in varying degrees by their very nature.

As for the agression you have to remember that the mods are all a bit stressed by some of the bitching and once again I'm with them, they have done a great job and the level of whining about various aspects (rep, babies) has been totally unacceptable. You also have to remember that some of us are actual real-life, as in we see each other in the flesh, friends off the forum so some posts need to be taken with a pinch of salt that might not be immediately apparent.

I would happily offer my modding talents, you guys have my number if you need a big cat on the case.

These look like beginnings of sorts, don't they? I'm sure ole gusty would be interested.

#33 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Very interested.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#34 User is offline   BAD 

• Masher of HHT
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Sleeping!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostChrisW, on 22 May 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 17 October 2008 - 03:03 AM, said:

The unwillingness of the staff and the influx of new members at the time led to a rapid decline in the quality of conversation in the book forums. The owner at the time was gutless and wasn't even a hardcore fan of the Malazan books (ChrisW, this means you).

Wow, way to rewrite history fucktard...oh wait I already called Ano that...let me start again.

Wow, way to rewrite history turdbrain. The problem with dribbling shit is that the smell will eventually attract pests. So I wasn't a "hardcore" fan of the books. I wonder why I wasted hundreds of dollars and hours of time to maintaining the forum then? Guess I was just in it for a power trip? Apparently a "Gutless" power trip at that. When I did loose interest in the books the keys were given back to Rake(2005), Hetan was an admin and I faded away. Do I get some cred for making Hetan an Admin shitforbrains?(I still fondly remember Ano crying like a bitch over that).

Heh QuickTiadal ya moron. That comback took a wee bit more time than two hours. I've been working on it for 4 years non stop. How'd I do?

I still wub you cadzypoo! If only I could find that avatar I made for you. <3
Forum needs more infopop.

#35 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Resurrecting a five year old thread just to post an insult-laden rant.

Classy.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users