• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fable 2 Anyone pickin it up?

#41 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

Every other game I have works fine. So I doubt it. It's the same problems I had with the first one. I can't even finish the game because it freezes at a certain point.

http://kotaku.com/5068806/fable-ii-abbot-g...ty#viewcomments

There we go. It's disappointing really that such a large game can't be released without any shit along with it. But thats life.

This post has been edited by Trouble: 26 October 2008 - 02:32 AM

#42 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

a bit of slow down visible but only after i weasalled my way to dominion over everything and ruled the world mercilessly :rofl:

great game - though too tempted to cheat, and i love my money, so i now own everything you can buy i think :rofl: as well as being a saint - the game builds up currency even when you arent playing, as i am not on live i need to set the date every time before i play, 2025 anyone?

lets just say money is no opject.

loving the dog hes fucking aweosme, though i aint got a lot of scary expressions so i have een sacrificing children to dark powers while being saintly in other respects. also love the magic system, works really well. the game is soo addictive - i was pulling beers for like three hours to amass my budding fortune and then jumped on te property market. oncwe i had a few big business i was earning nearly ten grand every five minutes :pizza: while being corrupt as shit - and now trimmed it back. also good ways of making money is to set prices of places you own really low, buying all their stock then selling it to somewhere else for massive profits.

there are also some sneaky and downright stupid ways to make experience but they are not for such upstanding characters as yourselve :rofl:

#43 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

I hear ya, I'm trying so hard to be good this time around, but the tempatation to do horrible horrible things is so prominent. I stopped by a friends house only to see him pick up a hooker, bust down a door to a random house, and proceed to have sex with her on the bed of the terrified occupants while the children are screaming "oh no don't do THAT!"

It was almost enough for me to start a new game...almost.

But my mass wealth, unbelievable stats and my good public standing are enough to keep me good. Up to about 15k every 5 mins btw :pizza:

This may be one of the most fun games i've every played, if only for the sheer volume of good/bad things you can come up with and try out.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#44 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

dibs, that's hilarious :D might have some fun fiddling around with the dates!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#45 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

i slept with the prossie in westcliff last night and she propsed :D man my duide is good in the sack :D

this game is just awesome, so much too do and mess with. though i think i may become corrupt, i had been for a while but went allt he way back to pure, but i prefer the flies and the yellow eyes of the debauched :D

#46 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it. I deleted my game so I could start again since It kept freezing at a certain point; Now it won't even let me threw child hood. Its ridiculous.

#47 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

poor guy, what the hell is up with that?? its quite buggy in places but nothing as serious as what your having??? weird

#48 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

A lot of people are having these problems. It's unbelievable.

Just be happy you're not one of us :D

#49 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

play farcry in the mean time :D its bloody awesome too!

#50 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Although, I have heard reports that people are returning Fable 2 in exchange for Fallout 3, simply because you can finish Fable in 3 days...Fallout 3 takes forever.

...just what I've been hearing, though.

I'm going around to my friend's place on Sunday to play Fable 2 co-op. Mainly because I would never pay for a Fable game...but that's just me.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#51 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

Well I just finished the main quest, took about 7 days of heavy playing. Not too bad, considering there is still plenty I have to do before I start over and be completely evil.

Overall I loved it, and Trouble, I'm so sorry you are unable to play.

So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,

#52 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, it's obviously depends on what you consider "finished", and how hard you play. Some people can finish games in like half a day, that takes others "months of hardcore playing" to finish. Weird.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#53 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

Well sure, like any RPG(ish) game, you can blow through the main quest as fast as possible and call that done. The problem with that is you are probably missing a whole lot of the actual meat of the game.

You can probably do the entire main quest of Fable in under 12 hours and be severely disappointed, or spend upwards of 40 hours and do everything and be completely satisfied.

#54 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:37 AM

Morrowind took forever. It took ages for the first time for everyone. But there are exceptions to every rule. :)

Fable isn't small...it's just a lot smaller than Fallout. Still, can't wait to play both of them properly. :(

Shinrei said:

#55 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

Not to mention that I have to play through the game 3 times to get all the endings. Damn xbox turned me into an achievement whore without me even noticing :(

#56 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Does Fable 2 only let you save one game? I read a review that mentioned glitches, that once autosaved, can't be sorted out.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#57 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

well i have only tried to save once, you may be able to set up mutliple heroes but i aint sure

#58 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

You can set up multiple heroes, but it only lets you use one save file for a whole game.

#59 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

Ahhh, loving this game! Though I spent a depressing amount of time blacksmithing, it was worth it, I have a wife and no children!
Tried going to buy clothes or get a haircut though, and nothing happening - the shops were empty!?!

Incidentally, it froze once, just randomly when I was walking, but thankfully right after I had killed a boss, so it had auto-saved recently anyway, nothing lost.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#60 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

are you good or evil? How's the economy? If you're destroying the economy it's going to be really tough to find stores that are well stocked.

Buy some shops and lower prices, it'll help boost the economy in that area.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users