• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fable 2 Anyone pickin it up?

#21 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

View PostTrouble, on Oct 22 2008, 03:05 AM, said:

So I picked it up. Put it in, and the disc didn't work. So I take it back and the guys tells me my xbox fucked the disc so he can't take it back. Which is complete bullshit. EBgames is a cunt factory.

thats such bullshit - theres a nine day refund policy tell him you want to speak to his manager and then beat him to death with a cunningly hidden trout

#22 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

There is no way in hell they can get away with that, trubs... don't give up! If they've sold you something that doesn't work, and you have the receipt, then they have to replace or refund, surely? That's how it works over here anyway.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#23 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

HIDDEN TROUT!!!!!!

#24 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Well, if the cd is all scratched, like it sounds like the salesman said, then of course the store doesn't need to take it back. You brake it, you buy it and no you don't get a refund.

#25 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

It's their perogative to prove it was working when they sold it to him... Which they are highly unlikely to do, unless they test every disc before they sell it...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#26 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

View PostAptorian, on Oct 22 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

Well, if the cd is all scratched, like it sounds like the salesman said, then of course the store doesn't need to take it back. You brake it, you buy it and no you don't get a refund.

no thats actually wrong int he uk, if you buy something that is damaged by everydasy wear and tear it has a life expectancy like all goods. therefore sellers must garauntee a certain product life cycle. if you buy something take it home and it doesnt work you can get it replaced, maybe not refunded, but certainly replaced.

#27 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Oct 22 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on Oct 22 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

no thats actually wrong int he uk, if you buy something that is damaged by everydasy wear and tear it has a life expectancy like all goods. therefore sellers must garauntee a certain product life cycle. if you buy something take it home and it doesnt work you can get it replaced, maybe not refunded, but certainly replaced.

Hmm, such laws exist here aswell, but in the case of for example a cd or dvd, I don't think you should get that right. You should take care of your own property, it's not really fair that a store should pay for a customers negligence. You don't return broken china and complain about the products manufacture do you? :)

#28 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

No, but in this case he took it home and it didn't work. That's not his negligence.

HIDDEN TROUT!!

#29 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Trouble, just go nuts in the store, EB employees are soft as hell, they'll do whatever you ask if you start making a scene.

On topic though, the game is pretty amazing. Co-op was waiting via a patch when I popped it in. Story and gameplay are solid, and it's much, much bigger than Fable 1. Was pretty entertaining to see a friend go running by (it's a glowing orb with their gamer pick in it). You can invite them in, or just check out their stats and give gifts and shit. Tried to gift a condom but I guess they figured I needed it more.

Only have about 6-8 hours in it, but I'd already recommend picking it up.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#30 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

And this time take in your x box and some of your other games + a tv and threaten to do a live presentation in the middle of their shop and say in a really loud voice all I want is a replacement. And break down in tears in the middle of the shop. Or alternatively send in the game + box and a letter to the publisher saying that you are a huge fan blah blah and always buy their games and all you want is to be able to replace...Don't give up dude. Complaining is the only way to do it.
souls are for wimps

#31 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:22 AM

Apt>> I do take good care of my Games. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. Ever. And to be honest, the game wasn't sealed when I bought it. So technically they are fucked.

I use to go to school with the Manager, and the guy is a complete wanker. So I suspect he wasn't coughing up because I said his girlfriend was a fat whore. But I got the upper hand anyway; I bought another disc, this time with their stupid disc insurance, swapped em over and returned it. And then told them I didn't want Fable anymore and got Deadspace. :D

So At the end of the day it all worked out ok. I got two games and they get a faulty disc. ;)

#32 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

Well played!

Enjoy the games, I heard Dead Space was nuts. I'm waiting for Left4Dead though since I'm a co-op whore.

So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,

#33 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:07 AM

Top man! She probably was a whore.
souls are for wimps

#34 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

View PostTrouble, on Oct 23 2008, 01:22 AM, said:

Apt>> I do take good care of my Games. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. Ever. And to be honest, the game wasn't sealed when I bought it. So technically they are fucked.

I use to go to school with the Manager, and the guy is a complete wanker. So I suspect he wasn't coughing up because I said his girlfriend was a fat whore. But I got the upper hand anyway; I bought another disc, this time with their stupid disc insurance, swapped em over and returned it. And then told them I didn't want Fable anymore and got Deadspace. ;)

So At the end of the day it all worked out ok. I got two games and they get a faulty disc. :)

A cunning plan worthy of the cunning professor fox cunningham in cunning university cunningford, cunningsville!!!!

:D

#35 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

haha - bought it, ridiculous i am. cant help myself. even bought far cry 2.

weak bitch, i am weak

#36 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

Ahhh, Dibs! Don't mention FC2! I haven't started my job yet and might spend money I don't have.... Fallout 3 notwithstanding ....

#37 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

Well having played a few days now, all I can say is the game is amazing. The way the world changes after you being away for a long period of time is mind blowing, small towns growing and flourishing because you help build the economy, or falling into decay and littered with criminals due to your corruption. Everything is damn near perfect so far, aside form there not being an on-screen map.

Finally Fable is what Fable should be.

And wear your condoms, I have multiple STDs now (in the game).

#38 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

Yea, I actually just stole it from my brother... and am quite impressed so far. I really like having the dog, it adds something to the game.

#39 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:12 AM

It's okay. It is certainly a big step forward from the first game, but at the end of the day it feels like I am still playing the first one. And its buggy as hell! I've had to reset it 3 times because of slow downs in the menu system.

Overall I am enjoying Dead Space alot more. I practically shit myself every time I turn a corner :p

This post has been edited by Trouble: 25 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

#40 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:43 AM

You might be having trouble with your 360, I'm having no slowdown or bugs of any kind.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users