• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29121 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:27 PM

Want to get REALLY pissed off?

So this is how companies are supposed to price in (numbers made up as I'm too lazy to get actual figures, but principle and result hold)
Big power Co get power from a gas power station (50p per unit) a hydro plant (23p per unit) and wind (10p per unit) in equal measure. They are supposed to then charge their average unit price, in this example 27/28p per unit
What big energy Co along with EVERY actual provider in the UK charge every unit supplied at the top end 9f their sourcing (50p per unit in my example)

And the government know this
And the government know this is where the super profits come from
And the government knows this is price gouging, profiteering and illegal
And it has been going on for years
And they won't charge them a windfall tax (which won't actually help consumers, but might send some kind of message)

Fuck our government, fuck rampant late stage capitalism, fuck the millionaire CEOs who make these policies that cripple 99% of the people in the country.

#29122 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:47 AM

View PostMacros, on 27 October 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

Want to get REALLY pissed off?

So this is how companies are supposed to price in (numbers made up as I'm too lazy to get actual figures, but principle and result hold)
Big power Co get power from a gas power station (50p per unit) a hydro plant (23p per unit) and wind (10p per unit) in equal measure. They are supposed to then charge their average unit price, in this example 27/28p per unit
What big energy Co along with EVERY actual provider in the UK charge every unit supplied at the top end 9f their sourcing (50p per unit in my example)

And the government know this
And the government know this is where the super profits come from
And the government knows this is price gouging, profiteering and illegal
And it has been going on for years
And they won't charge them a windfall tax (which won't actually help consumers, but might send some kind of message)

Fuck our government, fuck rampant late stage capitalism, fuck the millionaire CEOs who make these policies that cripple 99% of the people in the country.

It's almost like those execs have the government in their pocket or summat, ain't it
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29123 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:03 AM

Of course not, it's purely coincidental that all their interests, social circles, kids schools, corporate directorships, clubs etc etc etc ad nauseum ad infinitum seem to ... er ... coincide. :rolleyes:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29124 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:19 PM

The fact that Rees Moggs money is tied up in 2 or 3 companies that are heavily invested in oil gas and power companies is of course
Irrelevant

#29125 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:15 PM

Well that's just simply investing wisely. Can't blame an Old Boy for that.

/s
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29126 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:34 PM

It's been a relentless month in terms of sickness on our house. Like we've had Have For and Mouth, tummy bugs, puking, colds, and now my toddler has croup and a temperature. We're pretty much at the end of all energy and strength as it's obviously effecting our sleep and we never have a chance to regain energy.

I know that in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be happening for long and there are signs that things are slowly getting better but man, it's been brutal!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29127 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 October 2022 - 03:35 PM

All three polls of likely voters since the debate have Oz having leapt up a few points to pull ahead of Fetterman (48-45, 48-45, 48-46 (too bad it's not MMA)... but within the margin of error of +-3.37% in the largest of the studies). Thankfully though they also have Shapiro maintaining a robust lead over Mastriano---except perhaps for one which has Shapiro only ahead by about 6 points, since these polls have tended to underestimate support for the far right (OTOH their attempts to 'correct' for that by weighting the results could result in an overestimate...).

Mailed my ballot a week ago and still haven't received the usual email confirmation that it was received. Hope I won't have to try to vote in person via provisional ballot certifying that my mail in ballot was 'lost'... I had been thinking of walking a mile and a half to put it in the nearest drop box after reading about public mailboxes being stolen from but decided that seemed very unlikely, and didn't want to risk injuring my now nail-less toe....

For governor I wrote in 'Larry Krasner' in the primary but of course ended up voting for Shapiro and Fetterman.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 October 2022 - 03:35 PM

#29128 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:32 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 30 October 2022 - 02:34 PM, said:

It's been a relentless month in terms of sickness on our house. Like we've had Have For and Mouth, tummy bugs, puking, colds, and now my toddler has croup and a temperature. We're pretty much at the end of all energy and strength as it's obviously effecting our sleep and we never have a chance to regain energy.

I know that in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be happening for long and there are signs that things are slowly getting better but man, it's been brutal!

'Immunological dysfunction persists for 8 months following initial mild-to-moderate SARS-CoV-2 infection'

Immunological dysfunction persists for 8 months following initial mild-to-moderate SARS-CoV-2 infection | Nature Immunology

#29129 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 October 2022 - 08:20 PM

Make sure you aren't trying to be super-parents. Just about good enough will do. Whatever counts as easy eats and too much tv in your house won't do any harm for a few weeks.

My groove is messed by a very enjoyable week away and now have big time Sunday night back to work blues.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#29130 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 October 2022 - 10:21 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 30 October 2022 - 08:20 PM, said:

Make sure you aren't trying to be super-parents. Just about good enough will do. Whatever counts as easy eats and too much tv in your house won't do any harm for a few weeks.

My groove is messed by a very enjoyable week away and now have big time Sunday night back to work blues.

That's essentially what we're doing. We're just trying to ride it out and my little boy is such a trooper I've no doubt he'll be fine. Still rubbish though haha
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29131 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 October 2022 - 04:09 AM

And now I just tested positive for COVID. Grand. Just what we need.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29132 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 October 2022 - 05:21 AM

Man, that's a string of rotten luck. I'd tell you to stay positive, but, well, you know. I just hope your family gets well soon and you recover without incident.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29133 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 October 2022 - 12:12 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 30 October 2022 - 10:21 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 30 October 2022 - 08:20 PM, said:

That's essentially what we're doing. We're just trying to ride it out and my little boy is such a trooper I've no doubt he'll be fine. Still rubbish though haha

View PostTiste Simeon, on 31 October 2022 - 04:09 AM, said:

And now I just tested positive for COVID. Grand. Just what we need.

Brutal! I hope you all get well soon. I know well how shitty it is to have to manage a household and family as parents of little ones when you're sick and all you want to do is lay down and sleep and drink ginger ale.

Hang in there.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29134 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 01 November 2022 - 10:43 AM

Hope things ease up for you Tiste, that sounds absolutely brutal!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#29135 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:39 AM

Thanks all. I'm actually feeling way better this time round compared to my first stint with COVID, to the point where I'm able to work from home. (Or sort of, it's not that big and we don't have a study haha, far too many distractions around here!)

However, I'm still worried about giving COVID to the babies or my toddler and that'll be the next thing to deal with. We just want everyone healthy and sleeping through the night for a little while
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29136 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:54 AM

Obviously you need to get some Vitamin D up ya. Maybe get some sun on that perineum. That'll do the trick*.

* obviously I do not recommend this, because not only is it undignified as all fuck, but it's probably dangerous as well. Hell, if it's trended on Tiktok or whatever, thats more than enough reason to disregard it as the product of shit-for-brains.
https://www.health.c...-wellness-trend'

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 01 November 2022 - 11:55 AM

#29137 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:37 PM

Thank you for that. I just shared it with someone, and while the headline on the article reads "Why You Shouldn't Try Perineum Sunning", the headline of the link sent via messenger app reads "People Are Exposing Their Buttholes to the Sun for This New 'Wellness' Trend—and It's Not OK".

#29138 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:52 PM

View Postworry, on 01 November 2022 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thank you for that. I just shared it with someone, and while the headline on the article reads "Why You Shouldn't Try Perineum Sunning", the headline of the link sent via messenger app reads "People Are Exposing Their Buttholes to the Sun for This New 'Wellness' Trend—and It's Not OK".

THREE HUNDRED THREE DAYS BELOW THE SUN
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29139 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 01 November 2022 - 09:46 PM

That sounds frighteningly stupid. I burn ridiculously easy and can’t imagine doing that.

In other news being out of it from the dislocated shoulder cost me the job so I am now unemployed with no safety net. Hopefully something else comes up soon…
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#29140 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2022 - 10:41 PM

That’s scary and awful of the employer. Hope you find something quickly. Please let us know if you ever need a bit of gofundme-style help in the meantime.

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users