• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28581 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:42 AM

The refugee catastrophe caused by the war in Ukraine is heart breaking enough, so much so I have to turn it off.... then I saw a news segment about the pets left behind. Fucking hell man.

#28582 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:37 AM

Yet another thing in a long line of everything is fucked… my old boy tested positive for heart worms even though I give him his meds every 28 days. He’s to old to put through the process of getting rid of them.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#28583 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:54 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 31 March 2022 - 12:42 AM, said:

The refugee catastrophe caused by the war in Ukraine is heart breaking enough, so much so I have to turn it off.... then I saw a news segment about the pets left behind. Fucking hell man.

I'm certainly not one for whataboutisms - we should not denigrate the struggle of Ukranians at all - but the response of the west to non-brown skinned refugees fleeing war is very telling.

I hope that everything is over soon and that those who've fled are able to rebuild, either when they return home, or if they settle elsewhere. Friend had family trying to get out just before this all hit - bad situation.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28584 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:59 PM

View PostEverything is fucked, on 31 March 2022 - 12:37 AM, said:

Lots of sunlight when you fuck in a truck 98.3% of the time.

something something Dodge, Ram, something
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28585 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:14 PM

View PostAbyss, on 31 March 2022 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostEverything is fucked, on 31 March 2022 - 12:37 AM, said:

Lots of sunlight when you fuck in a truck 98.3% of the time.

something something Dodge, Ram, something

Reading that I just watched that logo hammer/bolt onto the screen in the end of the commercial and some sort of goo spattered out from behind it? What is this.?....oh nooooo
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28586 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:28 PM

Whole family has been "kinda" sick for over a week. Cough, chest congestion, inconsistent mild fevers. Not Covid or Flu. Kids and wife have been just sick enough its a struggle, but not sick enough they have to stay home from work/school. I feel fine, but havent stopped coughing for like 2 weeks now. iIs exhausting.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28587 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 01 April 2022 - 02:38 AM

Frazzled. Looked at the calendar and realised I've had one full day off in the last four weeks. Topped off by a super stressful day today. I have no idea what I am doing right now. Beer sounds good though.

#28588 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 01 April 2022 - 04:07 AM

And now I've realised I have to go in to work tomorrow (which was supposed to be a day in lieu for all the overtime I've worked lately), otherwise someone will go over my head and decisions will be made about one of my projects. If I am not there, the likely result will be something I am adamantly opposed to. Fuck.

#28589 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 01 April 2022 - 06:32 AM

Fucking Jeezus fucking Christ. Getting texts from management at 10pm telling me I have to go make it work when it fucking doesn't.

That beer looked too good, so hungover and surly me is going to have an all out fight with the bosses tomorrow, after I crawl into work around 10 on my supposed day off.

#28590 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 April 2022 - 09:51 AM

Minor gripe: we use Office 365 (the online suite) for work, and all of a sudden I cannot drag and drop files to emails to make them attachments. Small but frequent annoyance, like being jabbed with a breadstick dozens of times a day, every day.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28591 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 April 2022 - 04:28 PM

View Postworry, on 07 April 2022 - 09:51 AM, said:

Minor gripe: we use Office 365 (the online suite) for work, and all of a sudden I cannot drag and drop files to emails to make them attachments. Small but frequent annoyance, like being jabbed with a breadstick dozens of times a day, every day.

Using Windows 11? Read that messed up drag and drop, but a fix is on the way. Glad I haven't bothered updating yet from 10 though.

#28592 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 April 2022 - 06:38 PM

View Postworry, on 07 April 2022 - 09:51 AM, said:

Are you kidding? Being jabbed with a breadstick surely just presents multiple opportunities to eat breadsticks!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28593 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 April 2022 - 10:49 PM

That's the thing, Tiste! They're jabbin ya in the one place a mouth can't reach!
@AVD: Nah, I have Windows 10, and it's a sudden & baffling little glitch.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28594 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 April 2022 - 07:30 AM

The monsters!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28595 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 April 2022 - 01:48 PM

My mom ended up in hospital from a hole in her stomach or bowel (they can't tell us which) that they can't operate on because of her cancer and the state of her body from the Chemo treatments. She's in a palliative care room in a hospital near her home. She lives almost 3 hours away. We were told on Sunday night that she MIGHT have 24hrs left, and to come. And we did. We took the kids and stayed in a hotel and spent all day yesterday with her. Her white blood cell count dropped a bit today, showing the antibiotics for the infection of that hole working. I sat with her in a quiet moment and told her all the things I'm thankful she did for me and gave me. I held her hand and cried with her. The rest of my family took the "it's a microperforaiton and might heal" hope to heart and relaxed a bit around her. I'm far too pessimistic, and I can't shake the feeling this is her last few days, and I have no idea how to handle this. We had to come home, so now I'm sitting her wishing I could just be at her bedside...and when we get any news that the end is coming we will go back up to be with her.

Fuck cancer. We were supposed to have a year or more still with her. And COVID has meant that since her diagnosis they've not been able to do anything. I wanted her to have the summer with us and the kids and to be around family as much as we could. It's not even been six months since her diagnosis.

How the hell do you say goodbye to your mother?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28596 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 April 2022 - 04:03 PM

I have no idea. I couldn’t even begin to wrap my head around saying goodbye to my mom.

That really fucking sucks QT.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28597 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 April 2022 - 04:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 April 2022 - 01:48 PM, said:

How the hell do you say goodbye to your mother?

What i have learned from these situations: Nothing you do will prevent this from being devastating. Just do whatever you need to do now while she's alive so you have no regrets weighing you down. Be there as much as you can, say whatever you need to say, do whatever you can to prepare yourself, and accept that it will be awful. And it will remain awful. And at some point you will forget how awful and then it will come crashing back even worse. And that will happen more than once. And then after some time the crash will be less awful. And then more, and then less. And then still less. And then your memories of her start to overtake the grief a little at a time. It takes as long as it takes.

Hang in there.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28598 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 April 2022 - 06:45 PM

I don't know how you say goodbye to a parent. I am not sure you can. I certainly didn't know how to go about it when my father died four years ago.

But it sounds like you said what needed to be said yesterday. There will always be things you wished you'd said or done. In the end all that needs to be known is that they're loved and they'll be missed.

#28599 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 April 2022 - 07:03 AM

Gilbert Gottfried has passed away from heart disease at 67. Rough year for comedians.

https://apnews.com/a...0a54db194cb9003

I wanted to post a clip of his legendary aristocrats joke but couldn't find a good version.

Here's til retelling from the Aristocrats documentary:

#28600 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words all. She's pulled through, and is more stable today and they aren't as alarmed anymore. She's going to be in the hospital for at least a week while they monitor her. I'm taking each day as it comes as a gift to talk to her and express my love for her.

Share this topic:

• 1527 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users