• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28601 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 April 2022 - 03:30 PM

Brooklyn subway mass shooter still on the loose; before heading to Brooklyn he was in NJ and Philadelphia.

Planning to take the train tomorrow... maybe I should wear my bulletproof hoodie.

With everyone wearing masks I imagine he's going to be hard to identify.

Suspect has a Youtube channel. His subscribers went from < 400 to > 4000. Let's not give him views for shooting people....

'[...] Frank James, 62, [...] username prophetoftruth88 [...]

James offers commentary on major news events from Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars to Ketanji Brown Jackson's Supreme Court nomination to the war in Ukraine. In most of the videos, however, James seems to express his disdain for Black people—often calling them "cattle" and racial slurs—and talks about his desire to "kill people," even describing himself as a "prophet of doom."

"[N-words] should be wiped off the planet, even though I am one," [...]

James also dabbled in at least one conspiracy theory, calling the 9/11 terror attacks "the most beautiful day, probably in the history of this fucking world."

[...]

[...Mayor] Adams['s] "blueprint for ending gun violence" was "doomed to fail."

"Because I see some serious flaws in his plan," James says. "[...] I know part of it is definitely flawed and it's doomed to failure."

[...] James claims he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder[...] spent time in the city's mental health day treatment centers, stating that those places are filled with "violence, not physical violence, but the same kind of violence that's similar to what a child may experience in grade school." He then goes on to describe a situation in which "people keep talking and picking, picking, picking to the point where they go and get a gun and shoot motherfuckers. That kind of violence." [...]

[...] James slams the rise of crime on the subway—and claims he'd "still get off" even if he sees officers on the tracks.
"He can't stop no crime in no subways," James says. "He may slow it down but he ain't stopping it."

[...] In a March 25 video, James is seen driving through Philadelphia—where he reportedly rented the U-Haul van cops say he drove to New York. James is then seen in another clip in a hotel room in New Jersey.

[...] "The state of fucking stinking New Jersey, sitting here in Bordentown [...] And as you saw, the end of my journey, or part of the end of my journey, in Philadelphia, at my storage facility, getting everything put away."

[...] In a video posted on Monday, titled "DOMESTICATED AVERAGES," James is seen drinking white overproof rum in a skull shot glass while he rants on everything from slavery to Harriet Beecher Stowe.'

Frank James, Man Sought in New York Subway Attack, Made Threats and Hurled Slurs in YouTube Videos (thedailybeast.com)

#28602 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 April 2022 - 04:33 PM

Great, apparently he lives in the Philadelphia area....

'He claimed he’d recently moved from Milwaukee to the Philadelphia area, and [...] had made at least one earlier trip into New York. He complained about how much the city had “changed” compared to Philadelphia.'

The NYC Subway Shooting Suspect Was a Self-Declared ‘Prophet of Doom’ on YouTube (vice.com)

#28603 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:29 PM

Dang, I woke up with a case of the hershey squirts accompanied by the chills. Don't think it was anything I ate.

#28604 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 April 2022 - 07:09 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 13 April 2022 - 04:33 PM, said:

Great, apparently he lives in the Philadelphia area....

'He claimed he’d recently moved from Milwaukee to the Philadelphia area, and [...] had made at least one earlier trip into New York. He complained about how much the city had “changed” compared to Philadelphia.'

The NYC Subway Shooting Suspect Was a Self-Declared ‘Prophet of Doom’ on YouTube (vice.com)

They caught him.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28605 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:48 AM

That's all you can do, QT. When my stepmum was at the end phase, she rallied for about a week so we got that extra time to say our goodbyes. We didn't expect it. All you can do is capitalise on that extra time, however much you get. Stay strong mang.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28606 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2022 - 12:04 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 14 April 2022 - 07:48 AM, said:

That's all you can do, QT. When my stepmum was at the end phase, she rallied for about a week so we got that extra time to say our goodbyes. We didn't expect it. All you can do is capitalise on that extra time, however much you get. Stay strong mang.

Thanks man.

Posting update news over in the good thread.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28607 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:39 PM

Only April and the fire incidents are grabbing headlines. The summer is looming ahead.

#28608 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 April 2022 - 02:43 PM

Guy Lafleur died.

Damn.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28609 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2022 - 03:44 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 April 2022 - 02:43 PM, said:

Guy Lafleur died.

Damn.

I'm not a hockey guy, but I know this is a big one.

Mike Bossy apparently died last week as well.

#28610 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 10:07 PM

Jury duty Monday morning. I really hope they don’t pick me for trial as I’ve had more flare ups than usual. I won’t hide behind it and ask to be passed unless it is a lengthy one.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#28611 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 April 2022 - 10:16 PM

Just open with "Hang the bastard!" if they ask you any questions in selection if you get that far.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28612 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 April 2022 - 11:33 PM

Skin that motherfucker alive! He jaywalked ffs!

#28613 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 24 April 2022 - 07:02 PM

A swedish-danish far rightist made a tour of demonstrations where he burned a Quran in areas with predominantly Middle Eastern demographics. The expected riots got way bigger than expected and now we've had a week of debate along the lines of 'send them all home', why didn't the police shoot more of them' and 'certain kinds of free speech should not be allowed'. We're having the national elections in September with a few parties at the risk of falling out of parliament (you need 4 percent of the vote to get seats) so it's going to be a messy couple of months until then...
"I will live forever or die trying"

#28614 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 25 April 2022 - 02:24 PM

Because I’m just so fucking lucky I was chosen with 49 others to weed out. Really don’t want to be in the final 14. Should last a week. Don’t want to do this. Im cranky.

#28615 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 April 2022 - 01:27 PM

In today's "What's going on in this horrifying dystopia we call the timeline of the earth" a dragon who loves to hoard gold, spent some of his hoard to buy a huge social media service to make it a wild wasteland of unmoderated insanity. He could spend HALF of what he spent to buy twitter and feed the homeless of the entire US....but nah, spend double that so he can control a massive social media swamp.

One of many first steps from late-stage Capitalism into Neo-Feudalism....I hate everything about this.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 April 2022 - 01:28 PM

#28616 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2022 - 03:46 PM

I'm in a wait and see posture (you know, the whole rush to judgment axiom and all that). Musk seems to have some good ideas for Twits-errr. Authenticating every account and identifying the human behind it seems quite ambitious (I think that's how I interpreted that one goal he has). The dummy masses probably need the moderating Twitter currently has in place because of reasons, primarily the propagation of disinformation and conspiracy theories. That will probably go away sadly.

An interesting tangent and something that really would have messed with my groove as it would have shot up by auto insurance - Over the weekend I wasn't paying attention while driving and I almost rear ended a Tesla. I locked up by tires and they made that awful screech sound. I looked up and was like "oh fuck, that's a Tesla." What happens if you crash into a Tesla and it's your fault? Does it do some post crash scan of you to get your identity so it can begin process of ruining your life?

#28617 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 April 2022 - 06:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 April 2022 - 01:27 PM, said:

In today's "What's going on in this horrifying dystopia we call the timeline of the earth" a dragon who loves to hoard gold, spent some of his hoard to buy a huge social media service to make it a wild wasteland of unmoderated insanity. He could spend HALF of what he spent to buy twitter and feed the homeless of the entire US....but nah, spend double that so he can control a massive social media swamp.

One of many first steps from late-stage Capitalism into Neo-Feudalism....I hate everything about this.

Yup. Spot on.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28618 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 April 2022 - 06:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 26 April 2022 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 April 2022 - 01:27 PM, said:

Yup. Spot on.

And just watch him let the people who were banned off of it back on, like stupid Trump. He will 100% do it.

Ugh, I loathe Elon Musk.

#28619 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2022 - 06:42 PM

Trump stated he wouldn't get back on Twitter if Musky allows him too. Said he will stay on Truth Social (which he's only posted once from). I believe him, you should to.

#28620 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 April 2022 - 07:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 April 2022 - 03:46 PM, said:

...What happens if you crash into a Tesla and it's your fault? Does it do some post crash scan of you to get your identity so it can begin process of ruining your life?

Orbital laser bombardment.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users