• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28321 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 December 2021 - 09:16 AM

New job are asking for photo and biography to go on their website... urgh.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#28322 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 December 2021 - 12:46 PM

Weather giving me big old anxiety again.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28323 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:47 PM

Getting a wisdom tooth pulled in about an hour. Funsies!!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28324 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:54 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 07 December 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

I had a broken one (it was broken and dead for years) removed a few months ago. Not too bad, and these days they put a colloidal sponge into the hole which will become part of the material that will heal the area so you have to worry less about dry socket.

Hope it goes okay.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28325 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 08 December 2021 - 12:55 PM

(Presumably) the seal on the bathroom window has gone, so we have water leaking in under the windowsill.

I've had it at this stage - my mental health has been ruined by this house this year so I've told wife we're looking for somewhere else. We need somewhere different for if we have kids anyway, but I can't take much more of being here.

#28326 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:55 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 December 2021 - 04:54 PM, said:

I had a broken one (it was broken and dead for years) removed a few months ago. Not too bad, and these days they put a colloidal sponge into the hole which will become part of the material that will heal the area so you have to worry less about dry socket.

Hope it goes okay.

Yeah, that was 10x easier than when I was a kid. I took the day off but could have went back to work that afternoon.

Even though they numb the area, it’s still odd feeling the pressure as your tooth is pulled out of your mouth.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28327 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 December 2021 - 02:26 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 08 December 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 December 2021 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hope it goes okay.

Yeah, that was 10x easier than when I was a kid. I took the day off but could have went back to work that afternoon.

Even though they numb the area, it’s still odd feeling the pressure as your tooth is pulled out of your mouth.

Glad you managed it okay. Yeah, dental surgeries have come a long way from when we were kids. I was just as surprised as you.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28328 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 December 2021 - 05:09 PM

I had all four yanked out of my head at one appointment a few years ago.
The freezing started to wear off somewhere mid #3.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28329 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:05 PM

But did you give up the information they were after?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28330 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:10 PM

Seriously peeved off. Haven't met up with my long time Dutch mates from Uni in exactly 2 years now, other than online. Which just isn't the same. We were supposed to have our annual meet-up (10 blokes in a big house somewhere, 24th edition and counting) on the weekend before Christmas. Now travel restrictions have tightened again and it looks unlikely that I will be able to make it. This is soul destroying. I just want to have a beer and listen to some quality music with my best mates who I haven't seen in 24 months. Fuck this pandemic, fuck Brexit and fuck the screwup Tories. Fuck everything.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#28331 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:41 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

I had all four yanked out of my head at one appointment a few years ago.
The freezing started to wear off somewhere mid #3.

View Postworry, on 08 December 2021 - 08:05 PM, said:

But did you give up the information they were after?

When they strapped me into the chair in the first place!

#28332 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 December 2021 - 11:15 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 08 December 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

(Presumably) the seal on the bathroom window has gone, so we have water leaking in under the windowsill.

I've had it at this stage - my mental health has been ruined by this house this year so I've told wife we're looking for somewhere else. We need somewhere different for if we have kids anyway, but I can't take much more of being here.

Being fed up with your living place is something I get. I'm sorry and I hope you find a new spot soon.

A wall fixing under the window is doable even for an amateur, so it's fixable quickly before you get out of there. If it's the actual window seal failing, that's going to need replacement either by manufacturer if under warranty or another method. Good luck.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 08 December 2021 - 11:17 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#28333 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 December 2021 - 11:30 AM

Finances.

ugh man I feel like accountants, bankers and tax wankers make this shit so deliberately obtuse and painful that you just pay them to sort it out.
I have everything I need and want, and al my justifications for it and really solid projections and evidence to back said projections.
But they ask the stupidest questions.
Why did you pay such and such a bill with your credit card and not the finance from the bank?

Well you assbags take 2 weeks to draw down funds and the bill needed paid in advance.
regardless the stuff is paid for an installed and was 3 years ago and totally fucking irrelevant to what we are discussing today.

#28334 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 December 2021 - 07:47 PM

'UPS Mail Innovations'

Their 'innovations' seem to be new ways to lose your package....

#28335 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:56 AM

View Postamphibian, on 08 December 2021 - 11:15 PM, said:

Being fed up with your living place is something I get. I'm sorry and I hope you find a new spot soon.

A wall fixing under the window is doable even for an amateur, so it's fixable quickly before you get out of there. If it's the actual window seal failing, that's going to need replacement either by manufacturer if under warranty or another method. Good luck.

What I need to remind myself on balance is that we never intended to be here more than a few years, it was our step onto the ladder, as noted we'd need a larger place for having kids anyway, and this gives me a good excuse to find somewhere I can build a proper working home office / library jobber.

#28336 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 December 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostGorefest, on 08 December 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

Seriously peeved off. Haven't met up with my long time Dutch mates from Uni in exactly 2 years now, other than online. Which just isn't the same. We were supposed to have our annual meet-up (10 blokes in a big house somewhere, 24th edition and counting) on the weekend before Christmas. Now travel restrictions have tightened again and it looks unlikely that I will be able to make it. This is soul destroying. I just want to have a beer and listen to some quality music with my best mates who I haven't seen in 24 months. Fuck this pandemic, fuck Brexit and fuck the screwup Tories. Fuck everything.

Meh. Really torn. My wife wants me not to fly as she is terrified of me getting stuck abroad for Christmas. But the risk just seems relatively minor. I'm double vaccinated and using common sense, mask wearing etc I've managed to avoid infection for the past two years while working throughout on site and using public transport. I'd be flying to the Netherlands on the Thursday and flying back on Monday, with a mandatory rapid antigen test prior to the flight out and another prior to the flight back to the UK. If i test positive on the first I wouldn't be flying and it would be a moot point anyway. So really the only issue is testing positive on Monday before my return flight. But in the meantime I'd only have spent time on a plane (~ 1hr) and a train (~ 1hr), then staying with a friend overnight who is living single and pretty much hermit like, then spending 3 days with a group of friends who all have been vaccinated and will have done lateral flow tests prior to attending. The risk seems so low. I dunno. This sucks.

[edit] I guess I'm angling for sensible responses along the lines of 'Dude, listen to your wife and don't be an idiot'. But man, not being able to hang out with your best friends for 24 months is in itself torture as well. It is really causing a mental drain.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 10 December 2021 - 01:45 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#28337 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 December 2021 - 04:51 PM

View PostGorefest, on 10 December 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 08 December 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

Meh. Really torn. My wife wants me not to fly as she is terrified of me getting stuck abroad for Christmas. But the risk just seems relatively minor. I'm double vaccinated and using common sense, mask wearing etc I've managed to avoid infection for the past two years while working throughout on site and using public transport. I'd be flying to the Netherlands on the Thursday and flying back on Monday, with a mandatory rapid antigen test prior to the flight out and another prior to the flight back to the UK. If i test positive on the first I wouldn't be flying and it would be a moot point anyway. So really the only issue is testing positive on Monday before my return flight. But in the meantime I'd only have spent time on a plane (~ 1hr) and a train (~ 1hr), then staying with a friend overnight who is living single and pretty much hermit like, then spending 3 days with a group of friends who all have been vaccinated and will have done lateral flow tests prior to attending. The risk seems so low. I dunno. This sucks.

[edit] I guess I'm angling for sensible responses along the lines of 'Dude, listen to your wife and don't be an idiot'. But man, not being able to hang out with your best friends for 24 months is in itself torture as well. It is really causing a mental drain.

I feel your pain, having missed two similar trips because of the pandemic, and just managed to fit one in before COVID-19.03: The Omicron Variant, which was great but also emphasize how shite it was to have missed the others.
It sucks. It sucks wholly and completely. I sympathize.
Now listen to your wife and don't be an idiot because everything that could happen is most definitely what you do not want to happen.

#28338 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:20 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 10 December 2021 - 08:56 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 08 December 2021 - 11:15 PM, said:

What I need to remind myself on balance is that we never intended to be here more than a few years, it was our step onto the ladder, as noted we'd need a larger place for having kids anyway, and this gives me a good excuse to find somewhere I can build a proper working home office / library jobber.

I've been there dude it's horrible to have water coming through and not feel like you can relax in your own home. Hope you find some peace soon!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28339 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:30 AM

Is the euro star not an option for you also?

#28340 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2021 - 02:36 PM

Huge, brutal overnight tornado in the midwest.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users