#30161 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 September 2021 - 06:47 PM, said:

Fuck.

Norm Macdonald died.

Ten year cancer battle that no one publicly knew about.

Damn.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#30162 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:06 PM

Despite kinda transitioning his wry curmudgeon/trollish tendencies a bit too far towards reactionary politics in recent years, Norm is a sure shot for one of the Top 2 Funniest People to Ever Live list.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30163 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:11 PM

Damn that sucks. Norm MacDonald was hilarious. His comedic style and pacing was confusing and off-putting to the casual fan of comedy, but if you watched him roll on, most came away in awe of his brilliance. Sad day and a loss of a singular comedic talent.

#30164 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:24 PM

Itís still raining. I wish there was a system built that could send excess water to the west to fill up the water supply there.

On the plus side it feels amazing outside with the cloud cover and the wind.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 15 September 2021 - 11:50 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#30165 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:06 PM

Minor irritation. Had an email from AVG saying "thanks for renewing AVG ultimate we'll charge you £99 on this date." I thought this was a spam email so I didn't think much of it. I had another one telling me it was now renewed a couple of days later. Couldn't see anything suspicious on my bank account so I still thought it was spam.

Today I checked my credit card and realised they charged me on there! I don't ever remember signing up for this or passing details to them. They are going to give me a refund and all but it took me a couple of hours on the phone with them trying to get it fixed before getting there...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30166 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:16 PM

Gabby Petitoís case is getting to me. Just watched the police press conference live.

Just fuck man.

#30167 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:47 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 September 2021 - 04:16 PM, said:

Gabby Petitoís case is getting to me. Just watched the police press conference live.

Just fuck man.

Iíve been watching that tooÖ the bf HAS to be guilty.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30168 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:56 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 17 September 2021 - 12:47 PM, said:

Just fuck man.

I agree. You don't leave your Van-life girlfriend in Wyoming, and then truck HER van all the way home to Florida to your parents place alone, lawyer up and not talk to the cops...if you're not hiding shit.

You may as well be MADE of red flags at that point.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#30169 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 September 2021 - 12:56 PM, said:

View PostLady Bliss, on 17 September 2021 - 12:47 PM, said:

Just fuck man.

I agree. You don't leave your Van-life girlfriend in Wyoming, and then truck HER van all the way home to Florida to your parents place alone, lawyer up and not talk to the cops...if you're not hiding shit.

You may as well be MADE of red flags at that point.

Itís sad that his parents are backing him up. Iím sorry, but if I thought one of my kids may have killed someone, I wouldnít be on their side.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30170 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:01 PM

Apparently they arenít ruling out connections to a double murder at a camp ground in the same area Gabby and bf was at. It seems to be the same area where the cops were called on them. Oh shit.

#30171 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

The Petito stuff and the Murdaugh family stuff combined has made all the true crime heads too riled up. It's a powder keg!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30172 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:06 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 September 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Minor irritation. Had an email from AVG saying "thanks for renewing AVG ultimate we'll charge you £99 on this date." I thought this was a spam email so I didn't think much of it. I had another one telling me it was now renewed a couple of days later. Couldn't see anything suspicious on my bank account so I still thought it was spam.

Today I checked my credit card and realised they charged me on there! I don't ever remember signing up for this or passing details to them. They are going to give me a refund and all but it took me a couple of hours on the phone with them trying to get it fixed before getting there...

Sorry man, we meant to send you LSD but things got confused.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#30173 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 September 2021 - 08:11 PM, said:

Damn that sucks. Norm MacDonald was hilarious. His comedic style and pacing was confusing and off-putting to the casual fan of comedy, but if you watched him roll on, most came away in awe of his brilliance. Sad day and a loss of a singular comedic talent.

If you haven't checked out Mike Tyson Mysteries on AS, you should give it a try. Norm MacDonald as Pigeon is aces.

NSFW and definitely not PC. You've been warned.

#30174 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:32 AM

Iím just waiting on the Netflix series announcement of the Murdagh stuff but I just stumbled on an update that Landrie is now reported missing.

Shit is getting wild and I donít like it.

#30175 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:14 AM

Briar King, on 17 September 2021 - 05:01 PM, said:

Apparently they arenít ruling out connections to a double murder at a camp ground in the same area Gabby and bf was at. It seems to be the same area where the cops were called on them. Oh shit.

And he fucking ran.

FBI hunting him now.

In case anyone needed further proof this motherfucker was guilty.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#30176 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:11 PM

worry, on 17 September 2021 - 06:27 PM, said:

The Petito stuff and the Murdaugh family stuff combined has made all the true crime heads too riled up. It's a powder keg!

Anyone got links to a breakdown of what is going on with this? I've not heard anything about it on this side of the world.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30177 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• House Knight

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:20 PM

Decided one indoor theater show would be okay with everyone fully vaccinated and masked + me wearing my P100 mask and my new almost airtight unvented goggles (besides, it was about Mallarme's Un coup de dťs jamais n'abolira le hasard (A [shot/throw] of dice never will abolish chance(/hazard))). But to get them almost airtight I had to tighten them so much it eventually felt the back of my skull was being crushed in... bit distracting. Didn't stay for the talk-back for once.

Performer was giving the poem the modern mediocre Shakespearean treatment---fast, the words smoothed out so it often sounded like he didn't know what he was saying, lineation generally not just ignored but purposefully avoided (as if that actually made it sound more naturalistic---usually it doesn't) except when doing 'very dramatic' single words (though for this poem that's justified by the lineation---the experimental visual layout of the page and its blank spaces). With a little modern-Shakespearean-actor musicality (not quite like Gielgud, maybe a little later than him) which really works better in RP (... and almost certainly has minimal relation to the exact musicality of Elizabethan practice---for one because the Elizabethans almost certainly relied more on declamatory metrical rhythm, 'trippingly on the tongue' with accented and unaccented syllables, not flowing like an undifferentiated stream---when a later actor started completely ignoring the line breaks in the name of naturalism it was viewed as a major innovation, and the 20th century exacerbated this tendency when clearly 'rhythmical' and/or ringingly rhyming poetry came to be viewed as the province of nursery rhymes, doggerel, and the uneducated masses).

No recordings of Mallarme but his reciting style probably sounded more like this:

Or maybe:

Catering to the audience I'd suppose. Also added a dance number.

Afterwards was looking at some art by the river and a gaggle of girls asked me to take some photos of them on one of their phones. Perhaps I should have said "no you fools, can't you see I don't want to get sick? and IDK where the nearest publicly accessible soap or hand sanitizer dispenser is" but no, I went ahead and did it.)

#30178 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:57 PM

QuickTidal, on 18 September 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

Briar King, on 17 September 2021 - 05:01 PM, said:

And he fucking ran.

FBI hunting him now.

Iím 99.8% sure she is dead but I last night when he was declared missing I had a passing thought of ďis this stagged for their YouTube fameĒ cause itís all a bit crazy.

#30179 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 September 2021 - 01:47 PM

I always find it a bit sad when I see a sign tacked at a street corner advertising an estate sale like it is a weekend garage sale (even though I have no emotional investment and the deceased is a complete stranger). There's something ghoulish about opening up a residence and allowing people to look through and purchase items of the dearly departed. I guess it's a necessary discomfort though, to unburden family and friends of someone's belongings. I've never been to an estate sale. I thought about going to this one. Have any of you guys ever been? What are they like?

#30180 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• Make the Empire Great Again

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 18 September 2021 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 September 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 17 September 2021 - 05:01 PM, said:

And he fucking ran.

FBI hunting him now.

Iím 99.8% sure she is dead but I last night when he was declared missing I had a passing thought of ďis this stagged for their YouTube fameĒ cause itís all a bit crazy.

Body "consistent with the description" of Gabby Petito found:

https://www.news.com...8fddf8e372e8a13

:(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesnít work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 1510 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users