• You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26821 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:52 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 02 March 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

but like every fucking video was titled Step sis/bro/mom/dad this and that! What the fuck is wrong with today's youth producers

I think they are trying to market towards Alabama specifically
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26822 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:47 PM

Damn, Max von Sydow (Ming the Merciless, among many, many great roles) died. :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 March 2020 - 12:50 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26823 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

Old dude right at the start of TFA giving the thingummy to Poe.

(Which sounds either kinky or painful)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26824 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:39 PM

Think I broke a rib.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26825 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

Too much straining when poopin? Gotta get more roughage in your diet Trav. Think leafy greens and and hearty legumes. Will get you regular in no time. And a carefree, brief stay on the ol' golden crapper will no longer be a distant luxury you can only fantasize about.

#26826 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:45 AM

View PostTraveller, on 10 March 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Think I broke a rib.

It's a horrible experience. Sorry you're going through it.

Baths sometimes helped me with my severely bruised ribs. The floating being the integral part.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 11 March 2020 - 05:45 AM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26827 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:16 AM

I worked all day yesterday thinking that since theres not a lot to do about it I might as well put up with it, but the weird movement in there makes me feel nauseous and it's still painful so going to get it checked out today.

It's only one of the smaller lower ones but I can feel every move down there.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 11 March 2020 - 07:18 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26828 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:21 PM

Having one of those rare fatigue moments. Probably related to the daylight saving time change we had Sunday, and so been in a deficit since because I still need to get used to the change. Damn this fatigue though. I thought maybe I could shake it off during lunch, but it's getting more intense. It's one of those where you feel the weighty, fog like torpor behind the eyes and it just hangs there. I just want this work day to end and get into bed.

#26829 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

I've been feeling overwhelmed and extremely tired. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if it's time....

Not to worry, I could never hurt myself, but I do often wish we came with an OFF button.

Nothing messy or dark, just a simple switch when enough is enough.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 12 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#26830 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:37 PM

I live in Seattle, right in the middle of corona country. I’m currently self quarantined with the family as we wait for my wife’s covid test to come back. If she doesn’t Have it, she has to report to the hospital where they are treating all the patients. Damn.
Error: Signature not valid

#26831 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:06 PM

I hit the Starbucks drive-thru this morning. I'm not a frequent Starbucks patron personally, and usually go in when I do have Starbucks coffe, but thought what the hell, might be good for some shits and giggles to have a go at the drive-thru. Fuckin' A, the drive-thru line was long. And I was second guessing my decision when I got to the window and the poor kid (must have been no older then 20) had that "look". You know the look a 10 year old kid has before going into a huaunted house attraction around Halloween time? This guy had that look.

#26832 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:51 PM

Well, it was only a matter of time. Now there is something called the "Coronavirus Challenge". I'm not going to describe it, but lets just say the Tide Pod challenge was child's play compared to it. I've only seen young people doing it (obvs), so if they come down with it they will be okay, but the recklessness in knowing that they will be spreading it should mean automatic jail time for these dumb fucks.

#26833 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

Been sent home from work due to having an underlying condition. Given the ageing demographics of the Civil Service workforce, I get the feeling that my office probably looks like a ghost town today. No idea when I'll be able to go back.

I wouldn't mind so much but, as I'll basically be confined to my flat, I'm going to get really bored, really soon. I guess I'll be hanging out around here much more often in the coming weeks and months...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#26834 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:11 AM

Join the 2020 Malazan Re-read!

#26835 User is offline   stone monkey 

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:35 AM

That is an idea. Where are you up to?
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#26836 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:58 AM

Memories of Ice

We're reading one book a month.

Check out the General Book Topic section.

#26837 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

View Poststone monkey, on 18 March 2020 - 10:09 AM, said:

Been sent home from work due to having an underlying condition. Given the ageing demographics of the Civil Service workforce, I get the feeling that my office probably looks like a ghost town today. No idea when I'll be able to go back.

I wouldn't mind so much but, as I'll basically be confined to my flat, I'm going to get really bored, really soon. I guess I'll be hanging out around here much more often in the coming weeks and months...

Don't get your hopes up that you will get any sense here, old man. Hopefully a small amount of entertainment still to be had.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26838 User is offline   stone monkey 

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:07 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 March 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

Don't get your hopes up that you will get any sense here, old man. Hopefully a small amount of entertainment still to be had.

I remember when this was all trees...

Even back in the days when I used to be around a lot, I definitely didn't count on finding sense here. I doubt that's changed all that much.

#26839 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

New Orleans Saints head football coach Sean Payton has COVID-19. I looked up his age, he's 56.

#26840 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:31 PM

My 3 year old has been home from nursery closed for coronavirus for 10 minutes and has managed to lock himself in the bathroom and wee in his own face. Starting as we mean to go on. Twelve week lock down here we come.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook