• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#24341 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 30 May 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

BUT MUH MOOSE LIMB APOLOGISTS *right wing tears* FREE TOMMY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Basically that. I've seen several people arguing that he's been unfairly incarcerated outside of the law to further the establishment's political censorship agenda.

Look up how suspended sentences work. That is *all* you had to do.

Pretty much my level of bewildered irritation this morning:

https://goo.gl/images/NQbHZY
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#24342 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Sometimes working on the 1st floor sucks.

Like today, when I have construction crews directly below my windows, cutting up concrete.

Sigh.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#24343 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Two more F@#$ing tests tomorrow(11 at this point).....my heart should have a F%$#ing PHD at this point.

#24344 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 30 May 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 30 May 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

BUT MUH MOOSE LIMB APOLOGISTS *right wing tears* FREE TOMMY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Basically that. I've seen several people arguing that he's been unfairly incarcerated outside of the law to further the establishment's political censorship agenda.

Look up how suspended sentences work. That is *all* you had to do.

Pretty much my level of bewildered irritation this morning:

https://goo.gl/images/NQbHZY

And then there's that post on FB you happened upon this morning.

I just why how can't even quite.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#24345 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 31 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Indeed!

I think people just like conspiracy theories more than real life, and then want to jump up and down "DON'T COME AT ME WITH YOUR FACTS, WHAT ABOUT MY FREE SPEECH" when contested in even the most polite of ways.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 31 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#24346 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 31 May 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 31 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Indeed!

I think people just like conspiracy theories more than real life, and then want to jump up and down "DON'T COME AT ME WITH YOUR FACTS, WHAT ABOUT MY FREE SPEECH" when contested in even the most polite of ways.

The Trump Effect in fullest swing. There's been a very notable trend of growing anti-intellectualism and unfortunately folks like Ole Cheeto don't help that in the slightest. Hell, I'm sure you'll remember those school days (not School Days, aka boats and heads) where kids would fling around 'brain boffin' as an insult.

#24347 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 31 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

The Trump Effect in fullest swing. There's been a very notable trend of growing anti-intellectualism and unfortunately folks like Ole Cheeto don't help that in the slightest. Hell, I'm sure you'll remember those school days (not School Days, aka boats and heads) where kids would fling around 'brain boffin' as an insult.

Oh yes, I remember those days!

I'm dealing with it a lot at the moment, which I suspect is why this has irritated me more than it normally would. Currently dealing with someone who has so little appreciation of how science works that his stance is "if it's not on film, it's not real" - no matter how many papers and journals you put in front of him, trustworthy sources you quote or anything else. He distrusts books, papers, and anything written by anyone deemed an expert and only wants to deal with whatever is easily accessible on Youtube. I have no problem with people who aren't that educated - but when their ignorance is wilful and they're distrustful of anyone educated because of it, it is wearisome to deal with.

Anti-intellectualism is just utter poison.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 31 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#24348 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Argh. This psycho bitch at work is full on bullying someone junior in my team. It's so infuriating. Doing the HR route but how many infractions are needed before someone should be told to clear their damned desk? I've got her on bullying, harassment AND discrimination. We all work remotely in different timezones so it's impossible to look the woman in the eye and tell her she has to go through me for everything. I wake up every morning to an email trail of destruction. We'll all be in the same place for a week soon. I want to wring her bloody neck.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#24349 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

My sister got a call from her bank the other day about suspicious transactions, ATM withdrwals etc. She freaked out, cancelled all her cards and tried to claim the money back through insurance. Then she admitted to me that she did lose her ATM card and that she needed to find it to prove to the bank she had it or else the bank no refund the money. I got nervous and had to be the one to say that maybe it was her husband. Turns out, sure enough, it was. He denies it all of course, gets confronted with the evidence, changes track to yes it was him but its not theft etc. He had even saved his bank account as a beneficiary under a false name in my sisters online bank account. Denies drugs are involved.

They say its a sickness and I want to help but frankly at this point I feel like I need to prioritize my sister and nephews well being over his but I don't know what the right move is. If its a sickness I need to at least see an acknowledgement from him that he wants to get better. Instead he seems to lie even when telling the truth is the simpler option. That to me is a big warning sign. I can't, won't and don't trust anything he says at this point. He is quite badly sick at the moment, he says he has the flu. I have to wonder if its not withdrawal know that he has been found out.

He is a smart guy, very successful at work and yet somehow so incredibly stupid. He takes out debt and than hides it and it grows. We fix it. He does it again. I worry that he may dig a whole my sister wont be able to crawl out of. The one thing, thank god, and I give him credit for is that he has never been violent. Still I worry about leaving my sister alone with him, I worry about my nephew. I cant say how many times he drove my nephew in his car drunk or stoned but I know it happened before we knew. He has invited his friend, who turned out to be his dealer into our house. In my country you really do have to worry that that is one step away from having men with guns show up in your house and ransack the place for every valuable. I have to worry that if left alone in our house that he might let the robbers in himself just for a cut.

Those are the big fears. The little fears are that my sister is trapped in a loveless marriage with a man she cant depend on. She wants to help him but is not sure how at this point.

View PostMezla PigDog, on 31 May 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Argh. This psycho bitch at work is full on bullying someone junior in my team. It's so infuriating. Doing the HR route but how many infractions are needed before someone should be told to clear their damned desk? I've got her on bullying, harassment AND discrimination. We all work remotely in different timezones so it's impossible to look the woman in the eye and tell her she has to go through me for everything. I wake up every morning to an email trail of destruction. We'll all be in the same place for a week soon. I want to wring her bloody neck.

I need details! Biochemist sitcoms are so rare! At least you have your teams back. Few bosses do these days

#24350 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, that's withdrawal, not the flu. Pay attention to things like how many Immodium he's buying and eating per day now that he's being watched for the hard stuff.

My partner's ex was like this. She spent ten years trying to get him better. Finally cut him loose and it's been joyous for her to reclaim her life.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#24351 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

Do you know what kind of drugs he's on Cause? Not injecting I hope because that could put your sisters health at risk. Sounds a complete nightmare. You just have to support your sister and empower her to leave him if she wants to. I find pointing people to external advice can help when they don't want to hear your opinion as they can look at it on their own and not feel defensive. Find a charity that supports relatives of addicts and she could read the online info and maybe see herself in it and realise she should leave?

My HR thing is not interesting sadly. Run of the mill stuff about work hours but this crazy lady has a weird vendetta so is making everyone's life hell. I formally accused her of harassment today. Felt good! Happy to be labelled an agitator as I've decided I don't want to go any higher up in my company :headbang:

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 31 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#24352 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 31 May 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 31 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Oh yes, I remember those days!

I'm dealing with it a lot at the moment, which I suspect is why this has irritated me more than it normally would. Currently dealing with someone who has so little appreciation of how science works that his stance is "if it's not on film, it's not real" - no matter how many papers and journals you put in front of him, trustworthy sources you quote or anything else. He distrusts books, papers, and anything written by anyone deemed an expert and only wants to deal with whatever is easily accessible on Youtube. I have no problem with people who aren't that educated - but when their ignorance is wilful and they're distrustful of anyone educated because of it, it is wearisome to deal with.

Anti-intellectualism is just utter poison.

Sounds like he can't read and is projecting. Oh my!

#24353 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

...I may be allergic to cats.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can deal with a lack of lots of things, but not cats! Still hoping it was something in the food, but I didn't eat or handle anything I'm not eating or handling regularly, which only leaves the lovely purring furball I got to cuddle and play with yesterday :headbang:
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#24354 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostPuck, on 01 June 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

...I may be allergic to cats.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can deal with a lack of lots of things, but not cats! Still hoping it was something in the food, but I didn't eat or handle anything I'm not eating or handling regularly, which only leaves the lovely purring furball I got to cuddle and play with yesterday :headbang:

The obvious solution is that you cease your meaningless whining and resume cuddling and amusing your new master.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#24355 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

I have no idea which thread to post this in..

A couple in a restaurant were arguing and the lady finally said "Jerry, you need to stop leading your life like a parking spot!"

I think this saying is brilliant, but I just can't figure out what it means! Help!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#24356 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 04 June 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have no idea which thread to post this in..

A couple in a restaurant were arguing and the lady finally said "Jerry, you need to stop leading your life like a parking spot!"

I think this saying is brilliant, but I just can't figure out what it means! Help!

If I had to guess? Someone who lets other people dictate and run his life like it's theirs...which is the function of a parking spot. Many people using you to do other things?

Just a guess. She could also be calling him stagnant?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24357 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

You need to stop charging people $3 per hour for the first six hours, $20 for the whole day.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#24358 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

Exhausted. 3 games in 2 days.
Mostly against younger kids. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Probably gonna skip out on doing indoor this summer as a third league- I'm feeling that'd be too much, and not really give me too much time to recover between games.

Ugh, getting old sucks.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#24359 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

View PostMentalist, on 05 June 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Exhausted. 3 games in 2 days.
Mostly against younger kids. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Probably gonna skip out on doing indoor this summer as a third league- I'm feeling that'd be too much, and not really give me too much time to recover between games.

Ugh, getting old sucks.

But you didn’t get hurt?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#24360 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 05 June 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

Got an infection in my left ear and top back left molar. Idk which one or either is the original source leaving me feeling this horrible almost 6 whole days and the gunk has only been here for the last 2. I'm so exhausted from fever/migraine/coughing/no balance that the thought of going to GP leaves me exhausted. Guess I better though as it's not getting better laying in bed and I sure as shit don't want to lose my hearing or a tooth or wake up dead one day.

You are going to need antibiotics for that
I twisted my ankle badly yesterday. Stepped on a loose paving stone which wobbled and now I can't walk without limping

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users