• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#17941 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

There's really no consolation for that.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#17942 User is offline   Flutterby 

• Recruit

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

Oh, and losing my folder with all my writings in. That sucks too. :harhar:
For there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes."
Milan Kundera, 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being'

#17943 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

A minor nuisance, but: gendered products.

I want to get back to going to the gym regularly, and figured I'd replace some of my old, worn gym clothes (which also don't really fit properly anymore, because haha, one year without exercise and health issues will do that). I buy men's clothes whenever possible, because I could do without pink or yellow or flowers/butterflies, but I found it impossible to find new gym gloves for my delicate (hahah) female hands that were not either completely pink or had some wannabe motivational message in pink on them. And the only one pair that had green writing instead of pink was really uncomfortable to wear (which will, I imagine, become worse when one sweats - I shall see, 'cause faced with the alternative, I bought them) AND had a message on the package that it contains materials known to cause cancer. Oh joy, now that's motivational :harhar:

Why can't we have nice things? Like non-colour-coded gym wear? Eh?

This post has been edited by Puckstein: 12 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#17944 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostPuckstein, on 12 September 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

I want to get back to going to the gym regularly, and figured I'd replace some of my old, worn gym clothes (which also don't really fit properly anymore, because haha, one year without exercise and health issues will do that). I buy men's clothes whenever possible, because I could do without pink or yellow or flowers/butterflies, but I found it impossible to find new gym gloves for my delicate (hahah) female hands that were not either completely pink or had some wannabe motivational message in pink on them. And the only one pair that had green writing instead of pink was really uncomfortable to wear (which will, I imagine, become worse when one sweats - I shall see, 'cause faced with the alternative, I bought them) AND had a message on the package that it contains materials known to cause cancer. Oh joy, now that's motivational :harhar:

They were all pink? Wow

#17945 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostFlutterby, on 11 September 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

This is why I have three USB backups of my work.

I want to get back to going to the gym regularly, and figured I'd replace some of my old, worn gym clothes (which also don't really fit properly anymore, because haha, one year without exercise and health issues will do that). I buy men's clothes whenever possible, because I could do without pink or yellow or flowers/butterflies, but I found it impossible to find new gym gloves for my delicate (hahah) female hands that were not either completely pink or had some wannabe motivational message in pink on them. And the only one pair that had green writing instead of pink was really uncomfortable to wear (which will, I imagine, become worse when one sweats - I shall see, 'cause faced with the alternative, I bought them) AND had a message on the package that it contains materials known to cause cancer. Oh joy, now that's motivational :(

Well, you could just eschew gym gloves? To be honest, I used to use them, but since I lost one I've found that they're mostly pointless. Chuck off the gloves and lift like a girl (which is to say, deadlift twice your bodyweight and then rip the bar in half before devouring the metal corpse).
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#17946 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

It's amazing what a bad start to the work day can make everything annoying.

Though the early morning call from uni didn't help either. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#17947 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:20 AM

That's why a friend of mine ended up buying a men's road bike instead of a women's model. Most of the women's models have a pink paint job or similar accents added to their overall design. While most of the manufacturers do offer other paint jobs, the ones on display in most bike shops tend to have a "female design", probably for marketing reasons. (It does make the women's section stand out to customers.) So, if you want to have a different design, you'll have to order the frame, which means having to wait for anywhere between a couple for week to a couple of months.

Luckily, the geometry of men's bikes fits her very well, she is relatively tall, so that is not really a problem for her. Choosing a men's model also greatly increases the number of options and display models available in the average store, so that's a plus as well.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#17948 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostMaark, on 14 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

I want to get back to going to the gym regularly, and figured I'd replace some of my old, worn gym clothes (which also don't really fit properly anymore, because haha, one year without exercise and health issues will do that). I buy men's clothes whenever possible, because I could do without pink or yellow or flowers/butterflies, but I found it impossible to find new gym gloves for my delicate (hahah) female hands that were not either completely pink or had some wannabe motivational message in pink on them. And the only one pair that had green writing instead of pink was really uncomfortable to wear (which will, I imagine, become worse when one sweats - I shall see, 'cause faced with the alternative, I bought them) AND had a message on the package that it contains materials known to cause cancer. Oh joy, now that's motivational :(

Well, you could just eschew gym gloves? To be honest, I used to use them, but since I lost one I've found that they're mostly pointless. Chuck off the gloves and lift like a girl (which is to say, deadlift twice your bodyweight and then rip the bar in half before devouring the metal corpse).

It went the other way for me. I used to not use them, but since I tried I feel much better. I like to think that I'm not fussy or anything, but the amount of people who can't be bothered to properly sanitise the equipment after they've used it at the gym makes me feel uncomfortable. Also, I sweat more than usual (thyroid hypofunction & hormone issues), so overall, I prefer to use gym gloves. I had a great purely black pair, but managed to lose them somehow, and ever since then it's been a hassle to find a pair that can measure up to them.

That said, I'm totally out of shape atm, and will have to start all over again, so for now I could do without gloves. I still prefer to have a good pair, though.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#17949 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostPuckstein, on 14 September 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostMaark, on 14 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

It went the other way for me. I used to not use them, but since I tried I feel much better. I like to think that I'm not fussy or anything, but the amount of people who can't be bothered to properly sanitise the equipment after they've used it at the gym makes me feel uncomfortable. Also, I sweat more than usual (thyroid hypofunction & hormone issues), so overall, I prefer to use gym gloves. I had a great purely black pair, but managed to lose them somehow, and ever since then it's been a hassle to find a pair that can measure up to them.

That said, I'm totally out of shape atm, and will have to start all over again, so for now I could do without gloves. I still prefer to have a good pair, though.

I don't know if you get Maximuscle products in Germany, but they do a pretty decent unisex lifting glove.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#17950 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostMaark, on 14 September 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

I don't know if you get Maximuscle products in Germany, but they do a pretty decent unisex lifting glove.

Mmh, not sure, I might have seen some. Not good at remembering brand names. But thnx :harhar:

On an unrelated, but on-thread-topic note: Swiss-German. I can never tell if it's just their weird way of phrasing things, or my feeling for German is off.

#17951 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

We have a new Prime Minister in our country and he makes the Liberal party (our right-leaning party) a more viable party for the next election... I dislike this party. Also he is my member at my new residence in Sydney... I will have to put up with a lot of his face next election.

Though at least: Happy Thread
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#17952 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

Texas finally caught one of those terrorists they're so scared of: http://www.dallasnew...k-to-school.ece
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#17953 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

That really happened? Wow.

Just wow.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#17954 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

View Postworry, on 16 September 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

Texas finally caught one of those terrorists they're so scared of: http://www.dallasnew...k-to-school.ece

Idiots.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#17955 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

That will teach that kid to be smart!! Public school systems? It's no wonder that people are getting stupider by the day.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#17956 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:53 PM

Jeezus. That poor kid! I mean he's in the robotics club and built a little homemade clock...that's an achievement a 14-year old science nerd should get to be proud of. What the fuck is wrong with police and teachers in Texas man? they ought to all be reprimanded for this. I feel so bad for that kid. This should not have happened to him. These adults should know better.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#17957 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

Yeah I just saw that... Every time I think things can't get more moronic I am proven wrong...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#17958 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, that's been messing with me pretty hard this morning too.

Some highlights:

"Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock."

“[The policeman] said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Also that he was questioned without his parents or a lawyer present.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#17959 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 September 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Jeezus. That poor kid! I mean he's in the robotics club and built a little homemade clock...that's an achievement a 14-year old science nerd should get to be proud of. What the fuck is wrong with police and teachers in Texas man? they ought to all be reprimanded for this. I feel so bad for that kid. This should not have happened to him.

These adults should know better.

You are aware of human history and just how much misery has been perpetuated during this time, right? Just checking. :(

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 September 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Yeah I just saw that... Every time I think things can't get more moronic I am proven wrong...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

"Every time we think we make something idiot-proof, the universe goes and builds a better idiot."
- source unknown
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#17960 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Imagine what would have happened if he had made one of those chemical tabletop volcanoes!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 1524 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users