• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#19301 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 April 2024 - 07:16 PM

Congrats to Simeon and LB for fixed cars and medical answers!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#19302 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 April 2024 - 02:42 PM

Oh great news Lady Bliss, really chuffed for you!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19303 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 April 2024 - 07:49 AM

Next door is up for sale now. Kind of a relief of sorts.

Either way we're househunting again this neighbourhood has done enough psychic damage to me and we only ever intended this house to be a step onto the ladder, we've been here nearly five years so time to find the forever I spose.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19304 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 29 April 2024 - 10:22 AM

I passed my exam with a 90% score. I'm a qualified patent paralegal! Posted Image

Means a little more as after years in the legal industry as a non-degree holder being treated horribly, I don't think I ever really saw myself with a professional qualification and membership of a chartered body, with more to come too in the next couple of years. I'm going to be a while wrapping my head around this as it means a lot to me. Bouncing off the walls of my home office this morning!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19305 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:25 AM

That's awesome, congrats! Can you help me patent an umbrella that comes preloaded with a classic pop song that plays on repeat for the duration the umbrella is in use? (e.g. Swagger Jagger by Cher Loyd). I think this could be my big break to get on Dragons' Den.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#19306 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:59 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 29 April 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

I passed my exam with a 90% score. I'm a qualified patent paralegal! Posted Image

Means a little more as after years in the legal industry as a non-degree holder being treated horribly, I don't think I ever really saw myself with a professional qualification and membership of a chartered body, with more to come too in the next couple of years. I'm going to be a while wrapping my head around this as it means a lot to me. Bouncing off the walls of my home office this morning!

Congratulations!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#19307 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:00 PM

I accidentally beg repped you and can’t seem to undo it :-(
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#19308 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:28 PM

View Postworry, on 29 April 2024 - 11:25 AM, said:

That's awesome, congrats! Can you help me patent an umbrella that comes preloaded with a classic pop song that plays on repeat for the duration the umbrella is in use? (e.g. Swagger Jagger by Cher Loyd). I think this could be my big break to get on Dragons' Den.

I can't, but I dearly hope someone does!

View PostLady Bliss, on 29 April 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Congratulations!

View PostLady Bliss, on 29 April 2024 - 12:00 PM, said:

I accidentally beg repped you and can't seem to undo it :-(

Thank you! And don't worry at all :)

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 29 April 2024 - 12:28 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19309 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:42 PM

So what I'm hearing is, between you and Simmo my cruel banishment from the UK for regrettably misinterpreted boyish shenanigans could soon be at an end? ;)

Even better, you and Simmo could get together and create a brand new novel and TV murder mystery pairing! Together, you could be the Yorkshire Falcon ...

EDIT: initially-mismatched hard-bitten former police detective turned gumshoe, and idealistic lawyer (Ok I'm emebellishing but go with me) solve mysteries in the villages of Upper, Lower, Greater, Middle and Little Crapping, Yorkshire. :D

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 April 2024 - 01:02 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#19310 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 April 2024 - 04:30 PM

TheRetiredBridgeburner, on 29 April 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ah I knew you'd smash it, never in any doubt! Congrats!

Sombra - no chance, I'm making it harder for you to come back!

I like the TV idea though please don't diss my home village of Greater Crappington...

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 29 April 2024 - 04:32 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19311 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:39 AM

Grats, a big step! Now to rock up to the office in a Convert-A-Car.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users