#18201 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:37 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 September 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 06 September 2021 - 01:23 AM, said:

Toronto is amazing!

Seems like such a cool city. I’m rethinking America

I mean, it's alright....but then I live here, so it's kinda boring for me.

Doing anything fun? There's plenty to do while you're here.

So have you guys caught up?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18202 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:31 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 September 2021 - 08:21 PM, said:

If you go, take Justin Bieber with you.

I don't think that burn is as relevant anymore though. Who is the more contemporary pop star from Canada who has relocated to America and is polluting our greatness with poncy pop hits?

He was headlining the 'Made in America' festival in Philadelphia on Sunday... above Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion. Outrageous. Almost certainly got paid more than them too.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 September 2021 - 10:31 PM

#18203 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 September 2021 - 04:11 AM

Leylah Fernandez making you guys happy?

I caught the highlights of her match against Svitolina. What a pure delight of excellence on the court she is. Love the run she is on.

#18204 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 September 2021 - 07:03 AM

just got my salary upped quite a bit. It was a complete surprise to me, I had not asked for anything (to be honest I'm thinking of changing jobs again). My boss called me into his office, and there was his boss again too. I was thinking I had made some kind of terrible mistake but instead I got congratulated with this :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#18205 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 08 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

Second edits, finished em pal
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18206 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:32 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 08 September 2021 - 07:03 AM, said:

just got my salary upped quite a bit. It was a complete surprise to me, I had not asked for anything (to be honest I'm thinking of changing jobs again). My boss called me into his office, and there was his boss again too. I was thinking I had made some kind of terrible mistake but instead I got congratulated with this :)

That’s awesome! They must sense that they were about to lose you!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#18207 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:33 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 08 September 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

That's awesome! They must sense that they were about to lose you!

Might very well be, and though it pains me to break away from my normally humble persona, they would be in a serious bind if I got a new job.

#18208 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:27 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 September 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

Might very well be, and though it pains me to break away from my normally humble persona, they would be in a serious bind if I got a new job.

No one else has hands tiny enough to reach when a pen gets dropped behind the photocopier?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18209 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 September 2021 - 06:04 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 September 2021 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 09 September 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

No one else has hands tiny enough to reach when a pen gets dropped behind the photocopier?

It is a vital function!

#18210 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 September 2021 - 06:31 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 September 2021 - 04:11 AM, said:

Leylah Fernandez making you guys happy?

I caught the highlights of her match against Svitolina. What a pure delight of excellence on the court she is. Love the run she is on.

Wow, Fernandez into the finals. You guys smiling yet?

Here's another one for you guys. Larry Walker (Colorado Rockies!) into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Only the second Canadian to do so. Smiling yet?

#18211 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:24 AM

Just as impressed by our youngster Raducanu. Good crop of young talent coming through!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18212 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:17 PM

Dang, Raducanu was born in Toronto. What a wealth of tennis riches you guys are witnessing today. You guys can't lose. Cheers and not bad, eh?

#18213 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

Wow, learning more about Raducanu's US Open path to the final and win. It's quite an amazing feat. She's the first qualifier to win a Grand Slam. That's like looking at the NCAA Basketball bracket and choosing 16 seed Pipsqueak St. to defeat Duke in the final (it's even more impressive then that, actually). Kudos to her. I truly hope she and Fernandez are the future of tennis.

#18214 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:49 PM

We may be at a point where we look at women's tennis right now as being perhaps the most diverse it's ever been in generations in terms of who can win each tournament.

I think that's a function of both the lack of an athletically dominant player (think Court, King, Graf, Seles, the Williams sisters etc) and also there being a much bigger bunch of pretty good players with consistency + injury issues.

I thought Madison Keys was going to start putting big runs together as she developed more consistency with her shots post-Sloane Stevens loss in the US Open finals. She has enough power and athleticism to overwhelm a lotta people, but just can't put the runs together for long stretches for tons of reasons.

Radcanu and Fernandez are both excellent players who I think will be around in the majors for a long while, but it's really hard to win slams and maintain for a long time a defense first play style that takes the ball off the bounce super early. That takes conditioning (gas tank) that's difficult for athletes to maintain, lots of on the fly adaptation, and not getting ground down in long matches all the time.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18215 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:07 PM

We're collecting Disney cards that come with our supermarket shopping. My son calls R2D2 "Arty Deetoe". Adorable.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18216 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:16 AM

I just got the biggest grin on my face (ear to ear), when I saw the statue of Robert E. Lee come down. Rock on!

#18217 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

I'm moving to Denver on Monday!

#18218 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:35 PM

Found a place within 2 miles of me that's offering Pfizer without ID. Only a little ghetto / dangerous I think... but it's also finally getting cool enough out for me to wear my bulletproof hoodie and carry my bulletproof plate (in my backpack... don't want to get mugged for my bulletproof plate).

Thought Georgian mtsvadi and bazhe might not be on my diet (mtsvadi because it's made with pomegranate juice, bazhe because it's creamy) but if they're made the traditional way they are---pomegranate juice is low glycemic (and apparently slows absorption of high glycemic foods) and the creaminess of bazhe comes from the walnuts (and the whitish color from garlic and spices, not dairy). Delicious. Love that there are now so many good Georgian and Uzbekistani restaurants right outside of Philadelphia (mostly serving relatively recent immigrant communities I think).

Posted Image

(salmon mtsvadi---'Georgian barbecue', reminds me of tandoori a little, but with pomegranate marinade)

Posted Image

(salmon in bazhe sauce)

Also love phkali:

Posted Image

(vegetable pate with ultra-finely-chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds on top---eggplant pate is wrapped in eggplant, bell pepper in bell peppers, green is spinach)

Georgian cuisine became trendy in the US a few years back though iirc more for the cheese pie egg-over-easy-with-yoghurt boats.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 16 September 2021 - 09:36 PM

#18219 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:12 AM

View PostBriar King, on 16 September 2021 - 11:05 PM, said:

Just putting this here because.

Has anyone been to Shanksville?

Sounds like you're asking if I've ever been stabbed. :p

I’ve got the urge to get in Betsy and hit the road and I think I’d really like to go there. Or Whisp just reminded me unknowingly that I still have to fulfill my promise to my old gangstess lover to go see her in Colorado Springs.

Take the Shaggin' Wagon all the way to Colorado Springs? I'm sure nothing could possibl-i go wrong. :rolleyes:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18220 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:07 AM

CS is 1000 feet higher than Denver. The oxygen level at that altitude makes sex impossible there.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users