• Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:57 PM

Mortgage deposit paid to lawyers. Eep.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#17002 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

So I'm in Stockholm for 1 night for work. Bizarre turn of events with my colleagues travel plans and I now can't do the work. So I'm in Stockholm on expenses with no job to do. Instant switch from massively stressed from overwork to "Fuck, I've got a free day in a European capital city I've never been to before"!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#17003 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:52 PM

Flying off the SDCC...

See ya all on the flipside
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#17004 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 17 July 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

So I'm in Stockholm for 1 night for work. Bizarre turn of events with my colleagues travel plans and I now can't do the work. So I'm in Stockholm on expenses with no job to do. Instant switch from massively stressed from overwork to "Fuck, I've got a free day in a European capital city I've never been to before"!

Go to the Riddarholmen and sing Sabaton as you stand there.

#17005 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 17 July 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Avoid anything with a "Syndrome" in its name. Just saying.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#17006 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

02 August I get my own house. Wew lad.

#17007 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:13 PM

That’s awesome. And probably terrifying. Good luck!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#17008 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

Suddenly, a wild Shinrea appears!!!!

#17009 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

Finally got a break from the heat. Set record highs here on Friday and Saturday. It was a cauldron of fire that made everything miserable, worst of which was sleeping. But finally some rain moved in last night and this morning didn't give me the 'oh fuck, it's going to be unbearably hot today' dread.

And a bonus happy right now - in the Sunday paper adverts, kids' 'back to school' supplies dominate. So chuffed about that. Means the booger eaters have about a month left of summer vacation and then have to get back to cracking the books. Sucks to be them. :-p

#17010 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

Am in Spain, two weeks holiday. Lovely.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#17011 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 July 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Finally got a break from the heat. Set record highs here on Friday and Saturday. It was a cauldron of fire that made everything miserable, worst of which was sleeping. But finally some rain moved in last night and this morning didn't give me the 'oh fuck, it's going to be unbearably hot today' dread.

And a bonus happy right now - in the Sunday paper adverts, kids' 'back to school' supplies dominate. So chuffed about that. Means the booger eaters have about a month left of summer vacation and then have to get back to cracking the books. Sucks to be them. :-p

It’s supposed to roll through here this afternoon and knock the temps down also. Heat index is 107 right now. Thank god, I’ve got 2 days of outside work beginning of the week.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#17012 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:27 AM

What is that in real temperature?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#17013 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Busy day at work, late night but still managed to get 25 minutes to sit and paint the inside of the mouth of my dragon sculpture. I didn't want to try painting it with the jaw attached, so first colour has gone on. Trying to get a bit done every day - scales are mostly complete, need to figure out wings and how to colour the rest of it now. It's mostly paper so anything too wet will be a problem..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 23 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#17014 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Jon Stewart is the MF'in MAN! (Also fuck that turtle-ass POS Mitch McConnell)

Attached File  Stewart.jpg (117.95K)
Number of downloads: 0
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#17015 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

I'm hardly the first to call it, but when (not if) Jon Stewart decides to start his political career for real, it's going to be something awesome to watch.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#17016 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm hardly the first to call it, but when (not if) Jon Stewart decides to start his political career for real, it's going to be something awesome to watch.

He doesn't want to do that. The limited advocacy, the occasional comedy gig, and the animal rescue farm is all he wants.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#17017 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Next year I'm due to be posted again, and in February I had an interview with my trade career manager. He took heaps of notes but the upshot was it seemed to be no problem for me to go back to Brisbane, as I had already done 3 years now in both Darwin and Townsville and I had other family reasons to go back there.

Well, that got shot to shit when the postings came out and not only was I not getting Brisbane, but I was staying in Townsville - at the sort of unit I specifically requested NOT to go to. Pretty much I was given the exact opposite of what I asked for.

Was NOT happy. Put in for a reposting, but had fallback plans B, C and D if that didn't work.

My chain of command got onto it, and much as I dislike counting chickens, they told me it's a done deal for me to go back to Brisbane. And to a unit which is pretty cruisy. After the last 2 1/2 years of high tempo, last minute shit, that will be a nice change. Once the paperwork goes through, i's are dotted and t's crossed, it's official.

So you can be damn sure I'll be holding them to that, and my next posting order sure as hell should say Brisbane. Watch this space.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#17018 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 July 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Next year I'm due to be posted again, and in February I had an interview with my trade career manager. He took heaps of notes but the upshot was it seemed to be no problem for me to go back to Brisbane, as I had already done 3 years now in both Darwin and Townsville and I had other family reasons to go back there.

Well, that got shot to shit when the postings came out and not only was I not getting Brisbane, but I was staying in Townsville - at the sort of unit I specifically requested NOT to go to. Pretty much I was given the exact opposite of what I asked for.

Was NOT happy. Put in for a reposting, but had fallback plans B, C and D if that didn't work.

My chain of command got onto it, and much as I dislike counting chickens, they told me it's a done deal for me to go back to Brisbane. And to a unit which is pretty cruisy. After the last 2 1/2 years of high tempo, last minute shit, that will be a nice change. Once the paperwork goes through, i's are dotted and t's crossed, it's official.

So you can be damn sure I'll be holding them to that, and my next posting order sure as hell should say Brisbane. Watch this space.

Wow, that was a bit of a rollercoaster of a post. XD

Glad to hear you're coming back from the North, man.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#17019 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostSilencer, on 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Wow, that was a bit of a rollercoaster of a post. XD

So c'mon, let meeeeeeee-eeeeeee entertain you!

Glad to hear you're coming back from the North, man.

Thanks, me too. Fingers crossed!

#17020 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:33 PM

I love the name Townsville. It sounds like such a no mark place nobody could even be bothered thinking up a name for it. Sombra's descriptions of his activities there make me think that even more. Is it true?

I'm happy because I can't choose which box set to start first on my 2 weeks sick leave. So much time and so many choices! I'm wiggling my fingers in anticipation.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users