• You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#15841 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:06 AM

View Postamphibian, on 24 April 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

Gotta go slate roofing.

I think you have me confused with King Slow Ben.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#15842 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

My family used to own a rental house with a slate roof. We had the good fortune of a college five minutes away with enough historic buildings to have a couple full time slate roofers who were willing to moonlight for us.

I heard about how they wished they could afford them for their own homes and basically have lusted after one since my family sold that place.

Slate roofs are the best - if you can get someone who knows how to put them on.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#15843 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:34 AM

I'm rereading The Dresden Files. I am up to Turn Coatso those of you who have not read it do not click the spoiler below that has just give me tingles down the spine and a massive grin on my face.

Spoiler

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#15844 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

New PC after the old one died. The tower is so much smaller and quieter.

Everything runs quicker. :p

Now I have all the fun of reloading all the old stuff I want to keep, from online and the backup I wisely made just before the old one died for good.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15845 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

Checked in and at security, holiday mode.

Tempted to set an auto respond on my email
'please fuck off until the 14th May
Thank you '

#15846 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Holy shit, they just arrested a 72-year old cop in Sacramento for the EAR/ONS/GSK stuff.

This is insane! It would be like if they finally caught the Zodiac killer. EARONS is one of the highest profile unsolved cases in True Crime.

They are holding a press conference today. My guess is they caught him on DNA...

EDIT: News reports that it's a 100% DNA match to evidence, AND he's "talking"...holy shit. It's really him.

EDIT 2: And he apparently has "trophies" in his home.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15847 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 24 April 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I'm rereading The Dresden Files. I am up to Turn Coatso those of you who have not read it do not click the spoiler below that has just give me tingles down the spine and a massive grin on my face.

Spoiler

I love that bit so much, and also this...

Spoiler

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#15848 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 April 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Will be interesting/disturbing to hear any memory prior to attacks by him.

They've apparently tied him to two more cases that were not originally attached to EARONS...and I heard some mention of his DNA being in an Australian database right around the time EARONS incidents stopped in 1986...

And he was kicked off the police force in 1979 for shoplifting a hammer and "dog repellant"....that last factor is chilling since the dogs of the victims never barked to warn them, which would fit with him using dog repellant.

But yeah, press conference in ten minutes about it. Should blow up on the news by dinner time.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15849 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 April 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

He white or black ?

White guy.

#15850 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

That is so exciting. And only a few weeks after the release of Michelle McNamara's book!
http://www.oxygen.co...i-think-you-got
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15851 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

Oh shit....so in one of the attacks he was heard to mutter “I hate you I hate you I hate you Bonnie” that’s been on file for years...

The guy they caught was married to a Bonnie.

This is insane!

#15852 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

Fox Sacramento covered it.

#15853 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

I just have the biggest grin on my face today.

The Torodon't Maple Shits were eliminated from NHL hockey playoffs by Boston last night and a look at Damian Lewis in full makeup as their former, crack addicted, fat fuck of a loser of a mayor has recently dropped on the interwebs. What a win for those of us who LOATHE the city of Toronto. Fuck them jag offs.

How do you like them apples? #HaveFunAndSmile,Kay?

LINK
Posted Image

#15854 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:14 AM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 25 April 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

That is so exciting. And only a few weeks after the release of Michelle McNamara's book!

I've never heard of this guy - and I am fascinated by stories like this (one of my aims is to eventually become a detective) but this story of Michelle is amazing! I'm going to read up on him now!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#15855 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

My sisters are more into true crime stuff than I am but they did make me familiar with her excellent blog (True Crime Diary) back in the day and I definitely wanna read her book. Just might wait for the paperback now, since it'll probably have updates, thought sadly not by her.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15856 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

I've never heard of this guy - and I am fascinated by stories like this (one of my aims is to eventually become a detective) but this story of Michelle is amazing! I'm going to read up on him now!

Yeah it's SUPER disturbing, but also quite fascinating.

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 27 April 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

My sisters are more into true crime stuff than I am but they did make me familiar with her excellent blog (True Crime Diary) back in the day and I definitely wanna read her book. Just might wait for the paperback now, since it'll probably have updates, thought sadly not by her.

Reading the book now (It's fantastic, she's a great writer), and every time she mentions stuff happening in and around Citrus Heights (where D'angelo lived), or someone in the narrative talks about the possibility he's a cop...it FLOORS me. The whole section on the Visalia Ransacker (which they didn't know was the him for sure till the other day and he apparently admitted it)...which baffled everyone because he was a cop IN Visalia when it was occurring and was likely part of the investigation into it. The mind boggles. I got the kindle edition which dropped in price (likely because they know they will do an updated version now), and it was very tactfully finished using her notes.

I'm only half way though, but damn this guy was a sick bastard.

#15857 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

The weather's finally gotten nice after that ice storm we had last weekend it's finally 20 degrees out! Finally time to put away my sweaters and winter coat and get my shorts out. Pretty crazy how only a week and a half ago there was a bunch of snow and ice covering everything and now it's sunny and warm. Guess that's canada for you.

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 April 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I just have the biggest grin on my face today.

The Torodon't Maple Shits were eliminated from NHL hockey playoffs by Boston last night and a look at Damian Lewis in full makeup as their former, crack addicted, fat fuck of a loser of a mayor has recently dropped on the interwebs. What a win for those of us who LOATHE the city of Toronto. Fuck them jag offs.

How do you like them apples? #HaveFunAndSmile,Kay?

Wow not sure why you hate Toronto so much but speaking as one of the jag offs from the Toronto area none of us liked Rob Ford either, he's dead now but sadly his brother may become the new premier of Ontario...

And that loss was indeed heartbreaking (I notice your comments on the NHL thread were much more subdued than here), my co-worker actually took yesterday off because of it (or the aftereffects from drinking after it)
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#15858 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

I don't hate Toronto actually. I was just throwing shade because so many Canadians on this forum throw shade at the US. I've never been to Toronto, but would like to go. I heard there are excellent strip clubs there.

#15859 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 April 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

I don't hate Toronto actually. I was just throwing shade because so many Canadians on this forum throw shade at the US. I've never been to Toronto, but would like to go. I heard there are excellent strip clubs there.

Can't help you with that, but there are some great museums here and a nice waterfront. There was a Guillermo Del Toro exhibit at the art gallery of ontario here in the winter that was pretty awesome.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#15860 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 April 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

Yeah it's SUPER disturbing, but also quite fascinating.

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 27 April 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Reading the book now (It's fantastic, she's a great writer), and every time she mentions stuff happening in and around Citrus Heights (where D'angelo lived), or someone in the narrative talks about the possibility he's a cop...it FLOORS me. The whole section on the Visalia Ransacker (which they didn't know was the him for sure till the other day and he apparently admitted it)...which baffled everyone because he was a cop IN Visalia when it was occurring and was likely part of the investigation into it. The mind boggles. I got the kindle edition which dropped in price (likely because they know they will do an updated version now), and it was very tactfully finished using her notes.

I'm only half way though, but damn this guy was a sick bastard.

Yeah I just read the Wikipedia page his M.O. was horrendous... Glad they got him!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic