• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#15001 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

The weather the last 3 days has been fucking gorgeous.

Spent the 3 day weekend hanging out with my kids, playing outside, and being lazy. It was awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#15002 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 May 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

2nd bullet appears to be dodged! I'm happy yet wondering when the 3rd shot will be heard. Hopefully never.

Glad to hear this BK. solid news! Here's hoping that's a wrap on those scares for your pops.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15003 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:19 AM

View PostBriar King, on 30 May 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

2nd bullet appears to be dodged! I'm happy yet wondering when the 3rd shot will be heard. Hopefully never.

Awesome news BK!

#15004 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

I've accidentally stumbled into a Torres Strait/Pacific Islander community gathering and it's the best thing ever. The food alone is worth getting excited for. Pig on a spit at 10am? Yes, please! They even have a hangi cooking away.

I've yet to see another white person but everyone is so friendly that I don't feel out of place. White Australia could learn a thing or two.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#15005 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:36 AM

The Moon is now only 1 degree north of Jupiter.

As seen from New York metropolitan area. Results may vary by location. The Moon is relatively close so it has a large parallax.

This post has been edited by Kruppe of Darujhistan: 04 June 2017 - 01:40 AM

What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#15006 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostBriar King, on 04 June 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

I see that. Just came out to look. I knew it would be damn close. Was hoping for an eclipse of Jupiter.

They were close last month and closer still this month. Maybe we'll get an occultation in the next month or two.

#15007 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 June 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Kids are dyeing their hair blue and now they and the Ex are hounding me to do atleast a stripe of mine. Peer pressure.

And that is somehow making you happy? :D

#15008 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

Met Paul McGann today. He was a really down to earth and engaging guy! Love meeting my heroes and having them be so great in person!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15009 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

Last night was the "One Love Manchester" confer out on in aid of the victims of the terror attacks a couple of weeks ago. I don't particularly like pop music nor a majority of the acts paying but man that was a superb show. Really made me proud of this city. :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#15010 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

I'm sure there's ugliness in certain enclaves but I've seen so much good stuff said and done after these past couple attacks in the UK. It's very heartening.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15011 User is offline   LadyMTL 

• Epic bookworm

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 June 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Last night was the "One Love Manchester" confer out on in aid of the victims of the terror attacks a couple of weeks ago. I don't particularly like pop music nor a majority of the acts paying but man that was a superb show. Really made me proud of this city. :D

View Postworry, on 05 June 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm sure there's ugliness in certain enclaves but I've seen so much good stuff said and done after these past couple attacks in the UK. It's very heartening.

My thoughts exactly. I watched a bit of the concert yesterday and it actually moved my cynical old self. It was nice to see people coming together and trying to be positive, helpful, and kind in the midst of all of this crap.
~ Denn die Toten reiten schnell. (Lenore)

#15012 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:52 AM

Sitting on the back porch having a beer in the dark and a raccoon walked up not knowing I was there. I let it get to about a foot away from me before o scared the shit out of it.

I'm easily entertained.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#15013 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

I saw Radiohead live last night :D
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#15014 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

And you aren't manically depressed after listening to their music for two hours??

Well played sir

#15015 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 08 June 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

I saw Radiohead live last night :D

Did you lose a bet?

;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15016 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Replacing a mattress (well, whole bed really) that is over 20 years old today from our bedroom. That bastard was destroying my wife and my backs, so we ponied up the dough to grab a new one. I'm looking forward to a decent nights sleep for once.

#15017 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Think I passed my exam, which is literally the minimum I needed to progress my open university degree, so that's 2/5 years done and dusted, fuck yeah

also I voted so can complain about the country destroying its future right after I saved mine with impunity
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#15018 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 June 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Replacing a mattress (well, whole bed really) that is over 20 years old today from our bedroom. That bastard was destroying my wife and my backs, so we ponied up the dough to grab a new one. I'm looking forward to a decent nights sleep for once.

I've got a 50+ year old frame that ummm squeaks really loud, but it looks pretty with a 12-14 year old mat that does murder to my back after a few hours. Been needing to atleast replace mattress for over year. Think I ll do this soon.

Yeah, we put it off because we had only recently replaced the guest room bed...but in the end we scored because we know a guy who works for the Bed store, and he not only got us a friends and family deal, but also paid for 3/4 of it as a belated wedding gift (he and his wife told us at our wedding a few years back that they would get us something at some point).

But our backs were heavily suffering (wife especially when she was pregnant) as a result of the old thing...and I can't imagine the dead skin and dust mites in that one....so it was time.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

#15019 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

Shouldn't a mattress that's in a constant use room be replaced like every 7/8 years??

#15020 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostMacros, on 08 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Shouldn't a mattress that's in a constant use room be replaced like every 7/8 years??

Yup. I didn't know how old it was when I moved in with my wife (then girlfriend)...and found out later.

We will try to stick to the 8 years deal now if we can afford it. Mattresses are pricey!

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users