• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#12441 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

This forum. Shortly after I woke up I wandered innocently into a really peculiar argument that banished logic to the most distant universes of the multiverse. Trying to control the ensuing dizziness I sat down and clicked through a few new posts, all of them cheered me up. No exceptions. Go Empire!Posted Image

If there was a way to rep the entire forum I would

#12442 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostAndorion, on 16 September 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

This forum. Shortly after I woke up I wandered innocently into a really peculiar argument that banished logic to the most distant universes of the multiverse. Trying to control the ensuing dizziness I sat down and clicked through a few new posts, all of them cheered me up. No exceptions. Go Empire!Posted Image

You could do it, if you were a real fan.

Sounds like you were on Facebook; I just viewed a conversation on there that makes me wonder how people survive with gaping empty brains.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#12443 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 16 September 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sounds like you were on Facebook; I just viewed a conversation on there that makes me wonder how people survive with gaping empty brains.

You two need to provide examples!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12444 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 September 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

You two need to provide examples!

Unfortunately this was real life, not FB. I hardly log in to FB anymore. It makes me grind my teeth and dentists are expensive

#12445 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

And my example involved Atheists vs. Christians which was bad enough to begin with, but then the anti-gay element showed up and started with the name calling & idle threats

I suspect the person who started the thread was looking for some actual debate, with only a tiny bit of trolling - but some people can't restrain themselves
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#12446 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

Who doesn't love Facebook threats?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12447 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

MY FB is extra weird because I have the extreme left wing, the extreme right wing, the superstitious nuts and random babies.

#12448 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

That's mostly how I feel about Facebook. I don't mind throwing the odd opinion on there every now and again if I have something to say, but 80% of my feed is political posturing at the moment (I'm in the UK, we just had a change in leader of the opposition) - and at least 50% of them are seemingly not currently in possession of the family brain cell.

Of the other 20%, 19% is currently rugby and I am the lonely 1% sitting in a corner going "Um, it's not political or sporting, but I bought a damn fine book on the War of the Roses today?" Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12449 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 18 September 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

That's mostly how I feel about Facebook. I don't mind throwing the odd opinion on there every now and again if I have something to say, but 80% of my feed is political posturing at the moment (I'm in the UK, we just had a change in leader of the opposition) - and at least 50% of them are seemingly not currently in possession of the family brain cell.

Of the other 20%, 19% is currently rugby and I am the lonely 1% sitting in a corner going "Um, it's not political or sporting, but I bought a damn fine book on the War of the Roses today?" Posted Image

Sounds like our FB timelines have a few things in common. Which book? I saw a big thick new book on that the other day and have been wondering about it....

#12450 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostAndorion, on 19 September 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Sounds like our FB timelines have a few things in common. Which book? I saw a big thick new book on that the other day and have been wondering about it....

Bought Lancaster and York by Alison Weir on recommendation. Also recently read The Hollow Crown by Dan Jones - I highly recommend that one. He is however so fond of the phrase "hacked to death" to describe someone expiring that it's become a bit of a running joke in our house!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12451 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 September 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 19 September 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Bought Lancaster and York by Alison Weir on recommendation. Also recently read The Hollow Crown by Dan Jones - I highly recommend that one. He is however so fond of the phrase "hacked to death" to describe someone expiring that it's become a bit of a running joke in our house!

Not the one I saw then. I'll have to go back and take a look. It was this huge hardbound monstrosity

#12452 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

The last operational Vulcan bomber in the UK is currently doing a tour of airshows around the country before being retired at the end of the year.

It just flew over our back garden. That was INCREDIBLE!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12453 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

Live long and phosphor(us)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12454 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

I'm not sure whether I am happy or it is messing with my groove.... I am moving to San Francisco in less than 2 weeks and am equally excited and terrified.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#12455 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 September 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

The last operational Vulcan bomber in the UK is currently doing a tour of airshows around the country before being retired at the end of the year.

It just flew over our back garden. That was INCREDIBLE!

I went to see it do a fly over at Sunderland a few months back, where there's a grounded Vulcan.
Impressive.

Just polished off a bowl of clotted cream ice cream with pecans and toffee sauce. Lovely!!
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#12456 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostAndorion, on 19 September 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Not the one I saw then. I'll have to go back and take a look. It was this huge hardbound monstrosity

You'll have to let me know what it is - "hardbound monstrosity" is a great sales tactic with me!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12457 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 19 September 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure whether I am happy or it is messing with my groove.... I am moving to San Francisco in less than 2 weeks and am equally excited and terrified.

Be excited now, be terrified when you write your rent/mortgage check.

#12458 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

Is this the thread for when you read about David Cameron making that first Black Mirror episode come true?

#12459 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

View Postworry, on 21 September 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Is this the thread for when you read about David Cameron making that first Black Mirror episode come true?

I'd say it depends on how you feel about David Cameron. Yes.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#12460 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 September 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 19 September 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

You'll have to let me know what it is - "hardbound monstrosity" is a great sales tactic with me!

A lovely sentence for taking way out of context. :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 972 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users