• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#16581 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Jesus Christ can I not just say I've had a nice day with my kid and get a pat on the head? Joyless bastards.

I'll have you know we've been about 5 times now and the closest anyone has come to an accident was when I jumped too high and discovered my pelvic floor muscles really aren't all that anymore.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16582 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

A friend of my parents' was paralyzed on a trampoline, she was a professional trampolinist. So I wasn't allowed on them for the longest time. The first time I went on one I broke my index finger. Then the next time I drove my teeth through my bottom lip into my knee. Knee needed stitches.

Worth it, it was pretty fun.

#16583 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

Attached File  RPMJ3ZO2FS2JV4DPKM2L6FP47A.jpg (63.72K)
Number of downloads: 0
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#16584 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:26 PM

We've taken ours as well Mez and they made it out alive. And they enjoyed the hell out of it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#16585 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:22 AM

Is it true that if your home and/or health insurance providers catch wind that you have a trampoline in your back yard you'll pay beaucoup dollars out the ass in insurance premiums?

When I was a kid, me and my brother used to ride our bikes to a friend's house that had a jenky AF above ground trampoline, one of those with no mesh fencing around it that would prevent you from being thrown off. On top of that, it had exposed springs (rusty) that would pinch you if you just so happened to have exposed skin that was touching the springs as it reset the potential energy for the next bounce. And to add insult to injury, it was in an open dirt field with a shit ton of chewed on dog bones laying around it - their dogs used the trampoline as shade in the summer and would chew on bones underneath the trampoline out of the oppressive summer heat and leave them laying there when done chewing on them. I can't tell you how many times we were pinched by those springs and thrown off that trampoline when when one of those perfectly timed 'super bounces' were initiated to toss us haphazardly onto that craggy bone ground. We would keep going until our friend's mother would call us in for lunch. A few dabs with a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol and a couple of band-aids later and we were ready for more after lunch.

#TBT #10YearChallenge Posted Image

#16586 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:08 AM

In the US, yeah, you'll pay extra for a trampoline in most states (50-100) and if there is a bad accident and the company didn't know about one, it can trigger cancellation or non coverage in some situations.

I was not kidding about my partner losing teeth. She brings it up fairly often because the fake teeth thing occasionally bugs her in day to day life.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16587 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 January 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

When I was a kid, me and my brother used to ride our bikes to a friend's house that had a jenky AF above ground trampoline, one of those with no mesh fencing around it that would prevent you from being thrown off. On top of that, it had exposed springs (rusty) that would pinch you if you just so happened to have exposed skin that was touching the springs as it reset the potential energy for the next bounce. And to add insult to injury, it was in an open dirt field with a shit ton of chewed on dog bones laying around it - their dogs used the trampoline as shade in the summer and would chew on bones underneath the trampoline out of the oppressive summer heat and leave them laying there when done chewing on them. I can't tell you how many times we were pinched by those springs and thrown off that trampoline when when one of those perfectly timed 'super bounces' were initiated to toss us haphazardly onto that craggy bone ground. We would keep going until our friend's mother would call us in for lunch. A few dabs with a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol and a couple of band-aids later and we were ready for more after lunch.

Ahhh ... memories. :)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16588 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

Oh, fuck me. In a "gawd this is funny in a fucked up sort of way".

I chose the handle Gnaw because 1) I like any dog more than most humans and 2) Bent was already taken.

3 years ago I decided maybe a trip to rehab was in order. My 28 day program lasted 162 days, so they agreed that I had a problem. A couple of months after that, my counselor said, "Mark, we need to talk about your eating. Or, rather, your lack thereof." Turns out under all the drug and alcohol abuse was this little Anorexia issue. First they had to convince me that males could get eating disorders then had to convince me of several other behaviors that proved their point. That took several more months.

Anyways, 22 months later, it just occurred to me the irony of calling myself "Gnaw".

Posted Image
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#16589 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

I chose the handle Gnaw because 1) I like any dog more than most humans and 2) Bent was already taken.

3 years ago I decided maybe a trip to rehab was in order. My 28 day program lasted 162 days, so they agreed that I had a problem. A couple of months after that, my counselor said, "Mark, we need to talk about your eating. Or, rather, your lack thereof." Turns out under all the drug and alcohol abuse was this little Anorexia issue. First they had to convince me that males could get eating disorders then had to convince me of several other behaviors that proved their point. That took several more months.

Anyways, 22 months later, it just occurred to me the irony of calling myself "Gnaw".

Posted Image

I'm really happy that you're facing your problems and slowly winning those battles. Congrats and I know what kind of work you're putting in to get better. Thank you for sharing.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16590 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:21 AM

My wife is testifying in front of Congress next week. That’s pretty cool.
Error: Signature not valid

#16591 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:41 AM

Very legal and very cool?

#16592 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:18 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 30 January 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Willingly, I hope. :)

So ... what time? And what subject?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16593 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 January 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

Jesus Christ can I not just say I've had a nice day with my kid and get a pat on the head? Joyless bastards.

I'll have you know we've been about 5 times now and the closest anyone has come to an accident was when I jumped too high and discovered my pelvic floor muscles really aren't all that anymore.

my aunt works in Xray in ER, will not let any of her grandchildren near a trampoline because of all the broken bones she sees coming in in because of them.
Her son is the cousin who is now in a wheelchair from a trampoline accident, so I'll side on the trampolines are dangerous as hell side of the argument.

Sure let kids have fun, just be careful please

#16594 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

but outside of being a stick in the mud killjoy

The bank has made me a conditional offer for the business loan for my Driving range!

#16595 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image

It's awesome that you're facing this head on - can only echo Amph, thank you for sharing.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#16596 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

My brother's friend's child was on a trampoline. She stumbled and murdered three people with an axe. That's why I'm only ever allowed on a trampoline with other lawyers.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#16597 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

Time to pick up bodybuilding and funnel all that dismorphia into training and eating like an autistic person.

#16598 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

http://www.weatherst...ow-Depth-US.htm

Looks like north Missour-ah.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 31 January 2019 - 07:16 AM

#16599 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

Yes willingly, it’s about medical care.

View PostTsundoku, on 30 January 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 30 January 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Willingly, I hope. :)

So ... what time? And what subject?

This post has been edited by Raymond Luxury Yacht: 31 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

Error: Signature not valid

#16600 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Sister is getting married today

Share this topic:

• 969 Pages +
  • « First