For I Scream.

#15622 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

you coffee-lovers are so cute.

Double-black tea is how you get a proper caffeine kick.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#15623 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostMentalist, on 20 January 2018 - 03:59 AM, said:

you coffee-lovers are so cute.

Double-black tea is how you get a proper caffeine kick.

I have yet to encounter a tea that manages to do this while still staying somewhat palatable

#15624 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

Got some new coffee creamers! Strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon vanilla creme and white chocolate moacha. The 1st 2 are extremely good! The last not so much. It's way to sweet!

Had the cinnamon one with a slice of sweet potato pie topped with whipped cream. Oh my that was epic

Heretic.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#15625 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

Posted Image
3 liters per meal.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15626 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

If we could just find a way to get the coffee and the tea lovers of the world to unite...
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#15627 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostBrujah, on 20 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

If we could just find a way to get the coffee and the tea lovers of the world to unite...

We do, against the psychos who go around drinking plain hot milk.

#15628 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

Got some new coffee creamers! Strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon vanilla creme and white chocolate moacha. The 1st 2 are extremely good! The last not so much. It’s way to sweet!

Had the cinnamon one with a slice of sweet potato pie topped with whipped cream. Oh my that was epic

My taste buds just shrivelled up reading that. Never mind the atrocity you put in your coffee, I could get behind putting vanilla-flavoured something in there, but how do you manage so much sweet stuff at once? I get sick just imagining the taste.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#15629 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

View PostPuck, on 20 January 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Got some new coffee creamers! Strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon vanilla creme and white chocolate moacha. The 1st 2 are extremely good! The last not so much. It's way to sweet!

My taste buds just shrivelled up reading that. Never mind the atrocity you put in your coffee, I could get behind putting vanilla-flavoured something in there, but how do you manage so much sweet stuff at once? I get sick just imagining the taste.

My father had a friend who used to say: "if you put sugar in your coffee, don't have coffee, have shorbot (a sweet indian drink). if you put milk in your coffee, don't have coffee, have payesh (a very sweet indian dessert)" She was south Indian, they are all hardcore black filter coffee drinkers.

#15630 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

View PostAndorion, on 20 January 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 20 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

We do, against the psychos who go around drinking plain hot milk.

Them's fightin' words

Yes, I'm whole and alive
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#15631 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostAndorion, on 20 January 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

My father had a friend who used to say: "if you put sugar in your coffee, don't have coffee, have shorbot (a sweet indian drink). if you put milk in your coffee, don't have coffee, have payesh (a very sweet indian dessert)" She was south Indian, they are all hardcore black filter coffee drinkers.

You know, that sounds like a mightily sensible advice. I've never heard of either, but I'd love to try both since I'm a 'sugar&milk in the coffee' person. But the most indian thing we get here, beside proper tea, is highly westernized chai.

Making me happy now is 1. that my headache is gone (for now), yay exercise, and 2. that while changing after the gym I noticed that I'm developing visible muscles in my arms. Not much, but I'm so pale it's a wonder to be able to see anything, so woot!

This post has been edited by Puck: 20 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#15632 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Happy that someone else in this world is pale.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#15633 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

View PostPuck, on 20 January 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 20 January 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

You know, that sounds like a mightily sensible advice. I've never heard of either, but I'd love to try both since I'm a 'sugar&milk in the coffee' person. But the most indian thing we get here, beside proper tea, is highly westernized chai.

Making me happy now is 1. that my headache is gone (for now), yay exercise, and 2. that while changing after the gym I noticed that I'm developing visible muscles in my arms. Not much, but I'm so pale it's a wonder to be able to see anything, so woot!

There are hundreds of varieties of shorbot, but the one I drink the most is very similar to lemonade.

Stir in 2-3 spoons of sugar in 1 glass of chilled water, add rock salt to taste, and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Now the variety of lemon/lime is important. We get two varieties here Gondhoraj which is a type of oblong very fragrant lime and your regular small round lime. This particular drink is extremely popular in summer as it is refreshing and rehydrating. We often have a large amount of it in the fridge in summer. There are other types of shorbot made with fruit syrup or milk, sometimes even nuts like cashews and pistas. They are sweet. You also have spicier ones made with Jaljeera which is a type of north indian spice mix.

To be honest, you won't get true payesh anywhere outside India. Even here, its not available in restaurants. Its an old dish, made by continuously stirring milk on a low flame until it thickens and become creamier. It also contains rice, and sugar. Though the winter version is sweetened using jaggery which is the crystallized juice of the date palm tree and is known locally as gur, pronounced goor.

This post has been edited by Andorion: 21 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

#15634 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

My little boy starts school (prep) today. Where did the time go?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15635 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

I was on a date that turned out great! Hopefully there’ll be more of them :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#15636 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

View PostBriar King, on 25 January 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

Way to go you sexy beast!

Thank you :) We're going on a new one tonight, to a concert downtown. She's smart and really attractive, which makes her interest in me a bit of a mystery, but I'm not complaining.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#15637 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 25 January 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Thank you :D We're going on a new one tonight, to a concert downtown. She's smart and really attractive, which makes her interest in me a bit of a mystery, but I'm not complaining.

She's slumming?

Hey man, don't knock misplaced sympathy. The main reason women ever deigned to doff their knickers with me. The other being I'm easy.

:unworthy: :)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15638 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

Thank you :) We're going on a new one tonight, to a concert downtown. She's smart and really attractive, which makes her interest in me a bit of a mystery, but I'm not complaining.

It's not Macros in a wig again is it?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#15639 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 January 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Thank you :unworthy: We're going on a new one tonight, to a concert downtown. She's smart and really attractive, which makes her interest in me a bit of a mystery, but I'm not complaining.

It's not Macros in a wig again is it?

Simmo, what part of "She's smart and really attractive" did you not comprehend? :)

#15640 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

I resemble that comment

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

71 User(s) are reading this topic