#13181 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 March 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

I just want cold, snow, no wasps, no fire ants,& terrain that's not flat

Canada.
More cold, snow and big frikkin cold and snowy mountains than we know what to do with.
No fire ants. Fire ants are too smart to migrate this far north.
We have wasps, but they die off for nine months of every year and the rest of the time we just crush them with our beer bottles.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13182 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 March 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Canada.
More cold, snow and big frikkin cold and snowy mountains than we know what to do with.
We have wasps, but they die off for nine months of every year and the rest of the time we just crush them with our beer bottles.

What about the polar bears?

#13183 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 21 March 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

You need to move to Scotland then BK, although we cant guarantee that there will be no wasps (ours are probably pale comparisons of yours) and it doesn't always snow. But we do have a very beautiful landscape with a lot of wide open empty spaces.

Oh and if that doesn't convince you, we tend to get a high of 15c in summer lol

On the negative side, it's full of Scottish people...

I hate you Tiste, bloody northerner :).

Just remember what nation pillaged your cities in the 1300's lol
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#13184 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostAndorion, on 21 March 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Canada.

They're delicious.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13185 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 March 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 21 March 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Canada.

They're delicious.

Wait, you can eat those?
Why did no one give me the memo?
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#13186 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 21 March 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 21 March 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

You need to move to Scotland then BK, although we cant guarantee that there will be no wasps (ours are probably pale comparisons of yours) and it doesn't always snow. But we do have a very beautiful landscape with a lot of wide open empty spaces.

Oh and if that doesn't convince you, we tend to get a high of 15c in summer lol

On the negative side, it's full of Scottish people...

I hate you Tiste, bloody northerner :).

Just remember what nation pillaged your cities in the 1300's lol

Haha and to make up for it we have been pillaging you guys ever since!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13187 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

You'd probably like Denver so? The higher altitude means it is cooler year round yet you still get sun. And they have snow and all that stuff too. From afar, it's seems like a pretty chill place to live, and the few people I know that spent time there really enjoyed it.

Alternatively, the South Island of New Zealand. Can't go wrong with that. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I had a reason to go (and the minor issue of a visa)

I'd love to be able to recommend Ireland to you, but you'd have to love rain, and you'd rarely see snow on the ground.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#13188 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:16 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 21 March 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

You'd probably like Denver so? The higher altitude means it is cooler year round yet you still get sun. And they have snow and all that stuff too. From afar, it's seems like a pretty chill place to live, and the few people I know that spent time there really enjoyed it.

Alternatively, the South Island of New Zealand. Can't go wrong with that. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I had a reason to go (and the minor issue of a visa)

I'd love to be able to recommend Ireland to you, but you'd have to love rain, and you'd rarely see snow on the ground.

Agreed. Denver is great. Let me know if you are in town. You can crash here if you need it.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#13189 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostBriar King, on 22 March 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

Fun fact the star Capella(3rd brightest in N hem and 6th brightest in total night sky) is not one star, or 2, nor is it 3, it's 4 stars! We see it as one and to go a step further it's 2 binary systems(2 Stars orbiting each other) fuck space is big!

I love this sort of stuff! :)

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 22 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#13190 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

Didn't want to say anything till we were further along this time, but my wife is pregnant and is 19 weeks along. We went for the mid-pregnancy ultrasound this morning, and all looks to be developing well.

Oh, and it's a girl! We are both beyond excited.

...and she has a Star Wars-themed nursery (my wife's suggestion). And yes, I got that decal that goes on the wall that has the Alliance starbird and says "I am a Jedi like my father before me"
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13191 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Congrats QT. Hope Mrs Tidal is feeling well. Thanks for freaking me out that you have nursery stuff already at 19 weeks when I have nothing at 32!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#13192 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 March 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Didn't want to say anything till we were further along this time, but my wife is pregnant and is 19 weeks along. We went for the mid-pregnancy ultrasound this morning, and all looks to be developing well.

...and she has a Star Wars-themed nursery (my wife's suggestion). And yes, I got that decal that goes on the wall that has the Alliance starbird and says "I am a Jedi like my father before me"

Gratz, QT!

Making me happy: upcoming long weekend.
Also the fact that my indoor soccer league were bastards and charged my credit card for our team's season fee (I let my friend, our captain, use it to pay the initial deposit).
Although this initially put a den in bank account about the size of one paycheck (which was unpleasant, since it was totally unexpected), since then my teammates have mostly paid up, leaving me with with sizeable chunk of cash.

So this Saturday i'll be making a epic raid on Toronto' biggest bookstores to see what I can spend the extra cash on.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#13193 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostBriar King, on 22 March 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

Fun fact the star Capella(3rd brightest in N hem and 6th brightest in total night sky) is not one star, or 2, nor is it 3, it's 4 stars! We see it as one and to go a step further it's 2 binary systems(2 Stars orbiting each other) fuck space is big!

So what you're saying is that Capella is a... Starbershop Quartet?
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#13194 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 March 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Congratulations!

#13195 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Congrats QT. Hope Mrs Tidal is feeling well. Thanks for freaking me out that you have nursery stuff already at 19 weeks when I have nothing at 32!

Thanks!
She is doing fine mostly (she never got vomity during the 1st trimester, just queasy), aside from the "everything is growing and therefore itchy" portion of being pregnant. Mrs. Tidal is a SUPER DUPER organizer. We started on the nursery at about 14 weeks actually. The only things left for it are a shelving unit, and the bassinet needs assembling, but everything else is ready to go. You've still got time, as long as your baby doesn't decide to pop early!

View PostMentalist, on 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Gratz, QT!

View PostAndorion, on 24 March 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Congratulations!

Thanks guys!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13196 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

I am happy because I am having a relaxing day at home with my better half, I won a prize at work, someone gifted me Reddit Gold and pay has come in a day early - seems I am in the flow :)

Of course, I would be even happier if anyone reading this rushed over to the Wiki, took a look at the fan art and told me which one they liked best in the nomination thread:

http://forum.malazan...20#entry1225797

It would be good to have another two for the new poll! I'll be posting it in about an hour....

#13197 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 March 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Thanks!
She is doing fine mostly (she never got vomity during the 1st trimester, just queasy), aside from the "everything is growing and therefore itchy" portion of being pregnant. Mrs. Tidal is a SUPER DUPER organizer. We started on the nursery at about 14 weeks actually. The only things left for it are a shelving unit, and the bassinet needs assembling, but everything else is ready to go. You've still got time, as long as your baby doesn't decide to pop early!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully she will glow through the next bit which is meant to be the best bit. For me pregnancy has been one long string of horrible but non-serious symptoms. Sanding, painting, flooring, tiling and radiator reattachment left to do in both the bathroom and kitchen and shower installation pending before we move onto baby prep. The baby's room currently contains a huge box of plumbing shit, a load of boxed up junk waiting to go in the attic and as the warmest room in the house is also acting the winter laundry drying room and my greenhouse for my seeds that I foolishly believe I will find time and energy to be planting into my veg patch at some point this spring.... Luckily I am still in denial otherwise I'd be having a nervous breakdown :)
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#13198 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 March 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 March 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Thanks!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully she will glow through the next bit which is meant to be the best bit. For me pregnancy has been one long string of horrible but non-serious symptoms. Sanding, painting, flooring, tiling and radiator reattachment left to do in both the bathroom and kitchen and shower installation pending before we move onto baby prep. The baby's room currently contains a huge box of plumbing shit, a load of boxed up junk waiting to go in the attic and as the warmest room in the house is also acting the winter laundry drying room and my greenhouse for my seeds that I foolishly believe I will find time and energy to be planting into my veg patch at some point this spring.... Luckily I am still in denial otherwise I'd be having a nervous breakdown :)

Oh, that sucks that you've had along trying time with pregnancy.

If it helps, the nursery only took us one weekend really, that includes a set of dresser drawers, crib and mobile assembly, moving the existing guest room bed into a new spot, and adding all the wall decals and art. So even if you're behind, catching up won't be hard. Most of that stuff is easy to assemble and place. You'll be fine. :)

#13199 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

Congrats QT. Just remember "Worry" is a fine unisex name.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13200 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 24 March 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

Congrats QT. Just remember "Worry" is a fine unisex name.

I'm not gonna say whether it's on the list or not...

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users