• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#11101 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm going to stack two PS4's on top of one another and have a PS8 and beat all of you with my hologram based, sex robot, nanobot-infested gaming machine. Also it comes with headphones.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11102 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 July 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 24 July 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 July 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 23 July 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

BK have I told you recently that I hate you? ? ^_^

Edit speeling

It's fine. It must be worms :p

That does make me feel better, thanks! :p

I wonder how long it would it take of me to stop posting before someone thinks "that fuckers dead. He must ev indeed had worms"...

And you know I heard that tapeworms come out at night to get some fresh air and then go back in before morning? My boss told me this and she saw it on the BBC so it must be true.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#11103 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Attached File  Escalated.jpg (9.61K)
Number of downloads: 0
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11104 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 July 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

I'm going to stack two PS4's on top of one another and have a PS8 and beat all of you with my hologram based, sex robot, nanobot-infested gaming machine. Also it comes with headphones.

IF IT DOESN'T CONNECT TO FACEBOOK IT IS USELESS
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#11105 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

As a long time Bjork fan I feel stupid for not having done this sooner...but I've discovered (read: listened to) THE SUGARCUBES today.

And I LOVE them.

#11106 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

Yah they're awesome. I'm not overly fond of the male singer but oh well, Bjork more than makes up for it.

You can go even further back in her punk/post-punk roots on youtube as well:

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11107 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Have to get some rotten floor joists replaced, new insulation, new vapor barrier, some electrical wiring while they're under there, etc. The contractor that got the job had the highest bid by a little, but the best reputation. So we signed the contract yesterday with the understanding that they'd start in mid to late August and taking 3 -4 weeks. Then I brought up that magic question: "Any discounts for cash payment with half up front and other half on day of completion?"

I got a call this morning, "I'm going to be driving over that way in an hour or so and my boss wanted me to talk to you about what you mentioned yesterday." Caller ID shows he's calling from the owner's house. Twenty minutes later he shows up and tells me they'll be starting on Monday with completion 'just about guaranteed' on the Friday of the week following. And oh yeah, they discounted the bid $2k.

So while I'm not happy at having to hit the IRA hard, I'm getting a solidly reputable company and they're jumping right into it.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#11108 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Saw loads of meteors last night, even a few that flared up and disintegrated.

About to take the dog for a walk now, so hopefully it'll be even better tonight.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#11109 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'd say I comfortably saw about 40 or so in about 25 mins last night, though not all were that big or bright. BUt I do live outside the city limits, and the sky was pretty clear.

There was one great one which flared up and looked like a firework streaming across the sky before burning out.
Another weird sighting was 2 meteors moving in parallel across the sky, which flared up to a brightness greater than Sirius at one point, before fading as they moved to the north.

Hopefully the sky will be clear again tonight.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

- Anonymous

#11110 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostLord Gator, on 29 July 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

I love Sirius. Wish I had my old telescope but even with binoculars it pulses some crazy fucking colors. Your in the Southern Hemisphere?

Me, I'm back in the Northern Hemisphere again. Specifically, the south of Ireland. If the weather behaves, we can get some spectacular night skies here. The milky way can be really bright. And if I go down to where my family is from, down further south, then there is almost no light pollution. Which probably explains why i was such an astronomy nut as a child.

- Anonymous

#11111 User is offline   cauthon 

• Geek in progress
  • Interests:photography, fantasy

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Long time no see, but glad this place is still buzzing and active.

#11112 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

View Postupworthywort, on 25 July 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Yah they're awesome. I'm not overly fond of the male singer but oh well, Bjork more than makes up for it.

You can go even further back in her punk/post-punk roots on youtube as well:

I immediately downloaded BIRTHDAY, REGINA, and HIT and have had them on repeat for days. Bjork's vocals are amazing and some of it is even better than her early solo work.

Yeah, the guy vocalist is a bit weird (but I guess in a late-80s progressive way maybe?)...and I think it's REGINA where he keeps shouting how he doens't really like lobster...it's bizarre to say the least, but the rest of the song is just so damned charming that I can't help but bounce around.

#11113 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Had a ceiling to paint this morning, so I looked up Welcome to Nightvale and put it on through the speakers.

Got through about 6 episodes, another great recommendation from the forum! Funny, weird, creepy stuff, perfect for listening to while working!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#11114 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

You're right, it's a very born-of-the-late70s/80s post-punk style of singing. For the record, I also don't like Fred Schneider (of the B-52s) much either. It's a personal preference against yelping. But also, yah like I already said, Bjork's voice more than makes up for it.

This post has been edited by upworthywort: 29 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11115 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Got a "You were perfect, we just picked someone else!" feedback from an interview yesterday. In my intense frustration I went and did a couple of hours wallpaper stripping with friends at their new house. Amazing how much better it made me feel Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#11116 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

View Postcauthon, on 29 July 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Huh. It's been some time.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#11117 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostTraveller, on 29 July 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Had a ceiling to paint this morning, so I looked up Welcome to Nightvale and put it on through the speakers.

Got through about 6 episodes, another great recommendation from the forum! Funny, weird, creepy stuff, perfect for listening to while working!

Excellent choice, but risky. What if you accidentally painted over the hidden cameras?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#11118 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postcauthon, on 29 July 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Wut wut! Hello!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#11119 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Is it really buzzing and active though? It seems like the inn used to have way more activity. Maybe I am projecting because I am less active than I once was.
Error: Signature not valid

#11120 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostAbyss, on 30 July 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 29 July 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Excellent choice, but risky. What if you accidentally painted over the hidden cameras?

I was slightly distracted by the patter of small to medium sized animals raining down just outside the window.

Fresh ground java making me happy now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 31 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 967 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Whisperzzzzzzz