Malazan Empire: If they ever make a Malazan film, Kallor should be played by Samuel L Jackson. - Malazan Empire

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If they ever make a Malazan film, Kallor should be played by Samuel L Jackson.

#21 User is offline   Tarr 

• FING (cross between FIst and kiNG)
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

Aptorian;346982 said:

Anyone could play Shadowthrone really. you'll never need to show his facial features, perhaps the bottom part of his face maybe, but that's it. He could be entirely animated and you wouldn't know.

:D The voice then!

#22 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Alan Carr.

*Runs away*
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#23 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Please no Samual L Jackson. He plays the same guy in every film he's in, and he's starting to piss me off. They've got him playing Nick Fury in the up-coming Avengers movie, which is hugely annoying. (wot was wrong with the Hoff, I ask you?)

I admit that I pictured Christopher Lee as Kallor when I first read about him. And there's an actor who has never been type-cast... Well, ok, he has, but he's killed people with his bare hands and he looks frigging hard for a man in his 70s/80s
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#24 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

Christopher Lee has killed people with his bare hands? Like a burglar or something? what?

#25 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

He used to be some badass in a special forces unit or something...

that and he used to be a really mean burglar
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#26 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Plus all those critics.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#27 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Who was the sensi guy in 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues'. He should SO be Kallor. SO SO SO be kallor.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

Malcolm McDowell as Kallor, he's starting to look the part and his voice has that natural arrogance that Kallor needs.

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

I think Nick Nolte would make a good Kallor.

#30 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

Aptorian;347169 said:

Malcolm McDowell as Kallor, he's starting to look the part and his voice has that natural arrogance that Kallor needs.

Posted Image

What the hell is wrong with your taste?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

Illuyankas;347188 said:

What the hell is wrong with your taste?

NO U!

What the hell do you mean?! Have you seen McDowell's acting? He's a natural Kallor. White hair, wrinkly, arrogant... IT'S HIM!

#32 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

He looks too nice. Terence Stamp would be better by far.

#33 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • I like cake.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

The Tyrant Lizard;347022 said:

Please no Samual L Jackson. He plays the same guy in every film he's in, and he's starting to piss me off. They've got him playing Nick Fury in the up-coming Avengers movie, which is hugely annoying. (wot was wrong with the Hoff, I ask you?)

The Ultimate Universe version of Fury is based on Sam J. When the writer asked if he could base the guy on him, Sam J said "only if I can play him in the movie." jokingly. Especially since there was no way the writer can garuntee that.

But low and behold, he is playing Fury in the movie (Iron Man), and is a good fit for it.

Whether he plays him in Avengers or not isn't known, and thinking he is, is blowing hot air.

He is highly likely, but considering they plan on making Thor, and Captain America before Avengers, both of which need finished scripts (Thor might have one, now), and only Thor has a director, let alone casting to be done.

Who knows if he will be available, if Marvel will want to shell out the cash, or if Nick Fury will even be written into the movie in anything more than a passing character?
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#34 User is offline   wolf_2099 

• First Sword
  • I like cake.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

And on topic.
Whoever they choose in a film, I think it would have to be a young guy, with prostetics and make-up to make him look older. Kallor does have some sword play (haven't finished TtH yet, so not sure how much) and it is probably a little too much to have a 60-70 year old man sword fighting in a way that is supposed to be on par with a 30 year old on screen, or what have you.
"HAIL THE MARINES!"

#35 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Unless they can make what they did with Chris Lee in Episode 3 not look shit.

#36 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

They'd probably do shenanigans like they did in Star Wars with Christopher Lee, mixing close-ups of him with a stuntman for wide shots and nothing in between.

Pfft, beaten to it.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#37 User is offline   Crimson Guardian 

• Recruit

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

Ed McMahon as Kallor ? He's old enough. The neckbrace might not be very intimidating though.

#38 User is offline   palaeologos 

• Corporal

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Illuyankas;346878 said:

Nah, Christopher Lee was my choice for Andarist. Christopher WALKEN, though...

Peter O'Toole as of about 10-15 years ago would have been perfeck. He's a bit *too* wizened these days, though.

#39 User is offline   Deragoth 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Christopher Lee? I think so.

Didn't Peter O'Toole die? LOL, I'm pretty sure he passed away in his last movie and they just used guidewires to complete the film.

#40 User is offline   prq 

• The unofficial Shield Anvil of Treach, The Tiger of Summer

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

Illuyankas;346878 said:

Nah, Christopher Lee was my choice for Andarist. Christopher WALKEN, though...

Oh yes definitely! Christopher Walken would be in my opinion a great choice for Kallor

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users