• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6141 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:41 AM

HAMILTON is on Disney+.

Never seen it.

I hated it though? Like the libretto is all over the place, there is no sets, and I don't care for the over explanatory songs...like just ugh....I'll read a book about Burr/Hamilton instead to be honest.

I'm aware I'm in the super minority as this is a smash hit...but man I was bored.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6142 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:17 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 15 July 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

If it encourages you back in,
Spoiler

The spoiler only spoils a teeny bit and doesn't give anything major away.

I might give it another try once the season finishes and I can binge the episodes. The delay time of each episode releasing on a weekly schedule was also significant factor in me losing interest. I think the season is finished up by now, yeah?

#6143 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:47 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 17 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Hawt damn I just finished Ep 8 of Snowpiercer. It was turned the fuck up to 11 for a bit. I can’t wait to watch the final 2 eps on dvr yet I have no idea when that will be with 3 kids here at present.

Would recommend Snowpiercer. Need like 3 eps before it starts clicking along but even in its slowness then it’s better then the other things that are NOT on cable in the corona times am I right?

I'm only about 4 eps into it, but I agree it's really good.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6144 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:42 AM

Mixed reviews. The phrase I keep seeing is "missed opportunity". Probably means it's OK but nothing really new.
Looks like it's similar in style/tone to the TV show "Merlin", which did nothing for me.
I'm not normally much of an Arthurian fan and this doesn't give me any reasons to watch.
Even though three of the leads are Aussies.

Lot of audience reviews (RT) are 1-2 stars.

YMMV though.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 18 July 2020 - 02:44 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6145 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:35 AM

Damn, missed opportunity by Forged in Fire. They should have done a promotional tie-in episode with Ghost of Tsushima. Damn, I want a katana sooo bad now after playing the game.

The next new FiF episode is titled: "Japanese Ono"...soooo, *rubs-jaw ...maybe? *crosses-fingers

#6146 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 July 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

Mixed reviews. The phrase I keep seeing is "missed opportunity". Probably means it's OK but nothing really new.
Looks like it's similar in style/tone to the TV show "Merlin", which did nothing for me.
I'm not normally much of an Arthurian fan and this doesn't give me any reasons to watch.

YMMV though.

MERLIN started weak, but became SO strong by the last few seasons.

#6147 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

Awww Yisss Qwaaaeeeeen! This, spoon > flame > liquid > syringe > vein > GOOOOOOOO! I need this! July 22!

If you guys haven't watched Corporate, you've been missing out on a true gem. Think Office Space, but twisted and dark and fuhuuuhked Up! And with everyone WFH since March, ya'll know you need some cubicle / break room / conference room / restroom / buithniz chicanery to remember what it used to be like.

Oh, and Guardians, yes, he is the voice. (inside secret for Destiny players only, everyone else kick rocks...deuces).

#6148 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 July 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 18 July 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

YMMV though.

MERLIN started weak, but became SO strong by the last few seasons.

I'm going to watch. I enjoyed Merlin too and I'm a fan of Arthurian legend. Hoping to enjoy without it being a game changer.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6149 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:42 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 20 July 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

49 minutes 40 seconds into Mr Sunshine Ep 11. I’m almost to the half way point of show and so much shit has happened, I’m almost scared to cross the line.

A tonne more will still happen! LOL

I decided to start IT'S OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY for my next K-drama instead of ITAEWON CLASS...and it's already fucking emotional!

#6150 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:16 PM

Watched the first episode of P-Valley. Eh, didn't really think it was all that great. It seems to be a riff on the J Lo strip club, stripper empowerment movie Hustlers. It's in that vein. And yeah, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what P-Valley stands for.Posted Image Posted Image

Anyway, first episode was meh. I'm sorta confused where they are trying to go with the lead. Positive note though - the show is rated R, and the lead is a smoke show.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6151 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

Wat-the-wut?! A G4 reboot is coming in 2021?! I wonder how that will look and what form it will take? G4 used to have the best E3 coverage at one time. I think Gee-off Keeyglee worked for them at one time. Attack of the Show was a lot of fun and gave us Olivia Munn's best work. It was responsible for launching her career.

Posted Image

This was SDCC announcement? Was anyone aware that Comic Con was going on this year? I'm guessing in a "from home" / virtual format?

#6152 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:55 AM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 27 July 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

Decisions decisions..

Do I go into Sho Gun show tonight or finish up the last 50+ pgs of Peace Talks?

James Clavell's Shogun?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#6153 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:22 PM

Ah sorry thought you meant the book.

Over the years its become my absolute favourite, my go to comfort zone. It's become my read at least once a year novel.

What are you watching it on?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 July 2020 - 07:23 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#6154 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

I don't really place too much importance on award shows and awards personally, but I see Watchmen is clocking in with 26 Emmy nominations, which does not shock me at all. It is superb. If you haven't watched Watchmen (<<<see what I did there? Posted Image), than you're dumb, uncool and don't know what good stuff is, and you really should watch it if you wan't to cast off the yoke of lameness that has burdened you your whole life. You like produce? How do you like them apples? POW!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

#6155 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:46 AM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 27 July 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Here Trav I'm sure you've seen it already.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=a5TAqq39N9U

dammit BK i don't have 9 spare hours just now...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6156 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

Okay, that Forged in Fire might have been the best one yet. Very cool. Tests I don't think they have ever done before. Eliminations based solely on "fit and finish", and though it wasn't part of the "Beat the Judges" series, the final was against David Baker. In bringing out David Baker, they covered a bit of his resume as a edged weapons maker. Damn, Baker has some feathers in his cap, for sure. It's weird seeing J. Neilson and Ben Abbott judging at the same time, they are always rotating for that third spot during regular episodes. Anyway, a great (maybe the greatest) episode of Forged in Fire.

#6157 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:47 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 July 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

Okay, that Forged in Fire might have been the best one yet. Very cool. Tests I don't think they have ever done before. Eliminations based solely on "fit and finish", and though it wasn't part of the "Beat the Judges" series, the final was against David Baker. In bringing out David Baker, they covered a bit of his resume as a edged weapons maker. Damn, Baker has some feathers in his cap, for sure. It's weird seeing J. Neilson and Ben Abbott judging at the same time, they are always rotating for that third spot during regular episodes. Anyway, a great (maybe the greatest) episode of Forged in Fire.

Oh, I left out an important detail, the episode was called "Super Champion Edition." tsk tsk and shame on me for leaving that out, spank me I'm a naughty boy *bashfully-playfully-bites-index-finger *bats-eyelashes

Without spoiling anything, that title should tell you that the episode is a one off and stands atop the pantheon of FiF great episodes.

#6158 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 31 July 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

Mr Sunshine ep 23. Goddamnit! Bruh!!

*wipes eyes

My wife decided she wanted to watch it now, so I’m watching it all again! Even more emotional the second time! Lol

#6159 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 July 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'm hoping I just missed the reference in earlier shows because I was pleasantly surprised when Wil said that David Baker has made every model weapon for the final challenges all this time. DAMN! That made Super Champs victory over Baker even more impressive. Yes, one of the best eps of the show ever, without doubt.

#6160 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

So glad you enjoyed it man!

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users