Malazan Empire: Ye Big TV Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 411 Pages +
  • « First
  • 409
  • 410
  • 411
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#8201 User is online   Incredible Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,401
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:52 AM

Fringe gets better and better and then it gets terrible and finally depressing.

As far as I remember you should watch season 1-3 and enjoy the craziness. Then stop. Don't even watch the promos for season 4-5 and mistakingly think they'll be good.
0

#8202 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 10,498
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:00 AM

Nah man I think it redeems itself by the end.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

#8203 User is online   Incredible Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,401
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:30 AM

There is no redemption in hell.
0

#8204 User is offline   polishgenius 

  • Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 4,951
  • Joined: 16-June 05

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

Started Primal coz of that excitable pair going on about it before. Two eps in, not bad not bad.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.
0

#8205 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,773
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:05 PM

Oh, if you only knew what you're in for. Damn I wish I could do a mind wipe and start Primal over from the beginning.
0

#8206 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

  • Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,201
  • Joined: 10-May 10
  • Location:Westchester, NY

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

I'm two eps in. ALL I CAN SAY IS: SNAKEFLOOD.
0

#8207 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

  • Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police
  • Posts: 2,349
  • Joined: 03-September 04

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:14 PM

 TheRetiredBridgeburner, on 16 November 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

 Mezla PigDog, on 16 November 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

 TheRetiredBridgeburner, on 13 November 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Enjoy!


Sweet baby jesus. I've got a double bill finale left. Need to find the perfect moment to watch it. It keeps making me want to cry.


Yeah.... I'd buy some more tissues before the two-parter. That was how my other half was first introduced to the concept that "Hannah has some quite strong feelings about Star Trek". He coped admirably Posted Image


Oh god. I cried. Not sure I liked the ending but it was very Picard.

Spoiler

Burn rubber =/= warp speed
0

#8208 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,773
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:01 PM

Another "holy fuck, what did I just watch" recco - Lovecraft Country.

You guys really should give it a go. There is so much discussion to have about this program, a lot of it probably uncomfortable. Lovecraft Country will, for sure, have you thinking about each episode long after the credits have rolled.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 23 November 2020 - 11:02 PM

0

#8209 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

  • Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,124
  • Joined: 28-March 13
  • Location:Deepest Darkest Yorkshire

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

Very, very late to the party, but I've binged all of Avatar: The Last Airbender this last week.

What a gorgeous series. Tells the story elegantly in three seasons, no bloat, and a satisfying strong ending. THAT is how you do fantasy storytelling.
- Wyrd bi ful ard -
1

#8210 User is online   Incredible Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,401
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:06 PM

 Malankazooie, on 23 November 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

Another "holy fuck, what did I just watch" recco - Lovecraft Country.

You guys really should give it a go. There is so much discussion to have about this program, a lot of it probably uncomfortable. Lovecraft Country will, for sure, have you thinking about each episode long after the credits have rolled.


I've been meaning to read the book before watching the show.
0

#8211 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 18,358
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 24 November 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Very, very late to the party, but I've binged all of Avatar: The Last Airbender this last week.

What a gorgeous series. Tells the story elegantly in three seasons, no bloat, and a satisfying strong ending. THAT is how you do fantasy storytelling.


Such a classic. And now you need to watch KORRA, which is also SO good!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
0

#8212 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

  • Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,124
  • Joined: 28-March 13
  • Location:Deepest Darkest Yorkshire

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 November 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 24 November 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Very, very late to the party, but I've binged all of Avatar: The Last Airbender this last week.

What a gorgeous series. Tells the story elegantly in three seasons, no bloat, and a satisfying strong ending. THAT is how you do fantasy storytelling.


Such a classic. And now you need to watch KORRA, which is also SO good!


It's on my list :) I only have one streaming service on the go at once, so when Discovery finishes I'll probably knock Netflix off and pick Amazon Prime up again to watch Korra :D
- Wyrd bi ful ard -
0

Share this topic:


  • 411 Pages +
  • « First
  • 409
  • 410
  • 411
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users