• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#4161 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

paran falcon, on 28 February 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Watched Ep6 of Counterpart last night. Really like this show. The final scene was an out-loud-exclamation bombshell!

Oh man! You just lit fire under my ass. I've only watched the first two. Dammit, the beginning of the year is always so busy for me.

#4162 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Cause, on 28 February 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

The Swampfather, on 27 February 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Just living the dream. Living da dream.

How will Becca and Lauren do on Aries hometown with his parents? Will they like either? Will they bless one? Will he propose? Will he leave broken hearted? So many questions.

God Help me! Puppy

So nothing says true love like a man telling 3 women he loves them then banging them in a fantasy suite in 3 days?

Just read an article that said that SO many people get turned away from the Bachelor shows because of common STI's.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4163 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Malankazooie, on 28 February 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Watched Ep6 of Counterpart last night. Really like this show. The final scene was an out-loud-exclamation bombshell!

Oh man! You just lit fire under my ass. I've only watched the first two. Dammit, the beginning of the year is always so busy for me.

It'll be really nice, though, if you get to watch them all together. The surprise reveal at the end of Ep1 had nothing on the one from Ep6. Don't THINK I should've seen it coming...

#4164 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

Worry! I finally saw Gilmore Girls Year in the Life. I loved it and loathed it in the same way as the original series. So glad Rory found her self-respect before the end. And I thought the last scene Emily was in she was going to jump off a cliff! That would have been a brilliant ending. All-in-all it was very satisfying.

I love Michele and I want to be Lorelai's best friend now Suki moved to Hollywood.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#4165 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

Mezla PigDog, on 04 March 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Worry! I finally saw Gilmore Girls Year in the Life. I loved it and loathed it in the same way as the original series. So glad Rory found her self-respect before the end. And I thought the last scene Emily was in she was going to jump off a cliff! That would have been a brilliant ending. All-in-all it was very satisfying.

I love Michele and I want to be Lorelai's best friend now Suki moved to Hollywood.

Ugh I was so annoyed by the end of it. The way Rory became more and more self obsessed and whiny throughout. I didn't feel like there was much character development and it just felt unsatisfactory...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4166 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Cool story.
Needs more dragons.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4167 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

Watched the first 3 eps of Homeland season 7. I'm enjoying it as always, but i feel like they're drawing out/stretching storylines. We'll see.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4168 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Tiste Simeon, on 04 March 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Ugh I was so annoyed by the end of it. The way Rory became more and more self obsessed and whiny throughout. I didn't feel like there was much character development and it just felt unsatisfactory...

You just described every episode of Gilmore Girls ever.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#4169 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Mezla PigDog, on 04 March 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Tiste Simeon, on 04 March 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

You just described every episode of Gilmore Girls ever.

Hah fair point.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4170 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

:(

Spoiler

On another note, I started watching Everything Sucks. The kid actors are pretty good, especially the lead kid (Luke) who is super good in a wide variety of situations, but the writing is just okay. Like watchable but so on the nose and stagey. It definitely feels more like adults writing what they wish they'd been like as kids, even geeky kids, rather than what kids are actually like. In other words, this is not Freaks & Geeks 90s Edition. Buuuut the episodes are only like 23 minutes and it's engaging enough, so I'll finish it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4171 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

paran falcon, on 28 February 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

It'll be really nice, though, if you get to watch them all together. The surprise reveal at the end of Ep1 had nothing on the one from Ep6. Don't THINK I should've seen it coming...

Binged episodes 3 to 6 over the weekend.

Ohhhh snap!
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4172 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Malankazooie, on 06 March 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Ohhhh snap!
Spoiler

Posted Image

I had forgotten that but it was quite amusing. Sounds like you agree the surprise was very well done and not something we should've seen coming. 'Cause I've been paying attention yet was totally blindsided.

#4173 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

paran falcon, on 06 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Malankazooie, on 06 March 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Ohhhh snap!
Spoiler

Posted Image

I had forgotten that but it was quite amusing. Sounds like you agree the surprise was very well done and not something we should've seen coming. 'Cause I've been paying attention yet was totally blindsided.

Yeah. But there was no hint at that relationship until the reveal, so it wasn't an extravagantly, nuanced web that the show pulled off or anything. It just was a shocker reveal is all. Awesome still, though.

#4174 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:33 PM

Watched the first 2 eps of Altered Carbon last night. Liked it enough to keep going.

#4175 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:55 PM

Oh, and staying out of the Rebels thread to avoid spoilers.

I took my kids to the movie store, yes they still exist, and they have Season 1 in the FREE kids section. Score!

#4176 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

Woot!!

Lost in Space!

Count me in

https://www.google.c...r/%3fformat=amp
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4177 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

Looks pretty rad to me.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4178 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Mr Robot is just awesome. Can’t believe that one slipped by me for so long. It has jumped right up there with Dexter and Breaking Bad. Damn.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4179 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:37 AM

Gorefest, on 07 March 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Mr Robot is just awesome. Can't believe that one slipped by me for so long. It has jumped right up there with Dexter and Breaking Bad. Damn.

Fuuuuudge. Season 2 got completely erased off my DVR a while back. I need to find a way to watch it.

#4180 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

Gorefest, on 07 March 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Mr Robot is just awesome. Can’t believe that one slipped by me for so long. It has jumped right up there with Dexter and Breaking Bad. Damn.

Love love love Mr. Robot

I put it off due to its name and thought it was lifetime show for chicks

@ worry : 2nd person to mention Everything sucks and freaks and geeks getting only one season was a sin!!

Actually at this point they could resurrect freaks and geeks about their kids.. god I’m old.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 07 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 390 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users