Malazan Empire: Which Series character would Fit best in MBoTF? - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Series character would Fit best in MBoTF?

#1 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Man this is neat for me to think of. So if I am normal or as normal as a small percentage of people then maybe someone else would think it is neat to contemplate as well.

Simple premise. Which characters from others series do you see fitting into the MBoTF or into the world in general.

Gemmel:
.-Druss man could I see him as a servant of hood much in the vein of Karsa, full of rages and generally not what you would expect of a "hero." He would be a Barghast or a TTT descendant of some sort. Trell? Fits in with the many big burly badasses in the series.
-Waylander- Not all gruff and I am badder than you more like I am very good at staying alive and fulfilling a contract to kill someone. Could fit neatly into what little I know of the Crimson Guard. An avowed with many different sides to him including self loathing for having taking the vow in the first place.

Eddings.
-Beldin If I am going to pick anyone I will skip Barak because I have Druss above and Silk for the same reason. Forgetting the Belgarion, Polgarath and the rest I want to stick to Beldin. A misshaped genius who is not understood and surly as surly gets. He could set up a tower right next to the one in Malaz city that stands outside of time by illusion and be as ornery as he wanted to be. I think he would meddle a bit more though. His nature suggests always proving a theory of his. Whether its a study of the Azath or trying to figure out the stormriders.
-For the sake of argument I would love to add sparhawk (if thats his name) and his horse, because you need a horse than can take on a mule in MBoTF

Jordan
-So many to choose from. I am going to go with Daughter of the Nine Moons because I think that she would be a great Empress for the Malazan empire. I could think of noone more conniving and strong enough to do what needs to be done for Empire. A lot like Tavore really, but I like her more. Daughter of the Nine Moons has personality.
-Pedron Nials. From so many to choose from why him? Because he is a flawed individual with genius. Taken down by hubris and the inability to think of a group with anything but preconceptioned basis. What damage could he have wrought if he was a ruler on Genebackis when the Malaz Empire invaded and how cool would it have been for Genebackis to have had someone like him at the helm of their defense.

Stick to 3 for now though Feist needs to be added to this.
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#2 User is offline   Cain 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

I can see Pug or Magnus popping up in this realm through one of their rifts right in the middle of the Anomander Rake and Dasseem Ultor fight that WILL happen.

"Oof, well...OMG WATCH OUT Magnus!!!!!!!!"

Rake wins by armbar.

#3 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

Frankly, Dresden would fit well. Quite a dick with some magical power, and growing magic knowledge.

If we talk Feist, Thomas, the ultimate warrior, ascended, who can't just up and do redonkulous things with magic out of the blue would fit better than Pug or Macros, imo.

I could see Ian Bank's Horza show up.

I could see Cooks 'Lady' or 'Dominator' show up as (SPOILER THROUGH RG)
Spoiler
I could also see Croaker step off the boat in Daru with his regiment. Black Company is an obvious influence on SE's character building, imo.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:49 AM

I always thought of the Valheru from the Riftwar saga as similar to Jaghut Tyrants.

#5 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

Aptorian;313583 said:

I always thought of the Valheru from the Riftwar saga as similar to Jaghut Tyrants.

-A race that subjegated the dragons before the wars with the KCCM and before the KCCM enslaved the Jaghut. They would fit in very well though it would have been nice if Feist had been able to flesh them out a wee bit more.

-I would like to add Calis specifically-No elves in Wu but Calis is part human, part Valheru, part elf. A true mutt though a little too goody goody all in all. But from all the Valheru and the two decendants I would have to go with him. I picture him living somewhere out of the way on Genebackis, doing what whiskeyjack told paran to do.

Talon of the Hawk would be a great fit in Wu. Pick a spot for him anywhere, Crimson Guard. Seguleh. Malaz.

#6 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Ananais from the King Beyond he Gate. tall burly giant with no face. Would fit in well in 7c

#7 User is offline   Osseric's mortal sword 

• Corporal

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

On the lighter side: Cohen the Barbarian and Rincewind definitely!

#8 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Drizzt could be a sad Andii...

any of the gods from Dragonlance could cross over to play and Zifnab(or fizban?) could come out and talk with Kruppe and Pust

Raj Ahten from the Runelords would deff. give even Dassem or the Segulah a run for there money in sword play... I think he would fit right in... a conflicted villain... wanted to be the saviour of his people and got lost along the way.
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Anyone ever read DOOMFARERS OF CORAMONDE and STARFOLLOWERS OF CORAMONDE by the (late) Brian Daley? Because aside from the more or less staple fantasy characters (cranky wizard scholar, brave dispossessed prince, silent giant lizard man, horny sorceress) Bradley fighting vehicles with grenade and machinegun armed soldiers DO work in a fantasy setting. ;)

- Abyss, has a soft spot for those books.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

Kain from "Legacy of Kain" series... (yeah, it's a games series, but I love it to death for its awesome story)
A badass vampire with a soul-killing sword, he'd feel right at home anywhere dry, such as 7C

Aside from that, I can see several of Kay's heroes--Stephen would have a lot of fun with all the secret languages of 7C, while Leoff would be a composer for Lasseen, or possibly making the soul-killing music that's wiping out the T'lan on Assail..
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#11 User is offline   Cain 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

I can see Jagang from Sword of Truth showing up in 7c.

#12 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

Cain;315137 said:

I can see Jagang from Sword of Truth showing up in 7c.

As a personality I can see him for sure but the whole ability to step between moments sort of annoyed me and was one of the reasons why I stopped reading that series entirely.

From the Sword of Truth I would go with Gratch. By far my favorite character in the series. Let's place him as a stange Letherii conqured creature ages ago that has been enslaved for so long they are just considered pets now.

Of course the Wind of Death is a great possibility, another old ascendant that knows enough to stay the hell out of the limelight and is left alone because it's just too much trouble to take on without a reason.

#13 User is offline   Shadow_God 

• Corporal

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

They should have brought in Vetinari to run Lether. ;)

#14 User is offline   Deragoth 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

A song of Ice and Fire has a lot of characters that would be good in here. The best one would probably be Sandor Clegane. He would fit in nicely with either the the Malazan armies or the CrmsnGrd.

#15 User is offline   Fiddlers Drum 

• Corporal

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

Cain;313330 said:

I can see Pug or Magnus popping up in this realm through one of their rifts right in the middle of the Anomander Rake and Dasseem Ultor fight that WILL happen.

"Oof, well...OMG WATCH OUT Magnus!!!!!!!!"

Rake wins by armbar.

hahahahahah hahah u know it already happend

leso varen and macros probably popped in a time or to as well

#16 User is offline   Fiddlers Drum 

• Corporal

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:08 AM

L said:

-A race that subjegated the dragons before the wars with the KCCM and before the KCCM enslaved the Jaghut. They would fit in very well though it would have been nice if Feist had been able to flesh them out a wee bit more.

-I would like to add Calis specifically-No elves in Wu but Calis is part human, part Valheru, part elf. A true mutt though a little too goody goody all in all. But from all the Valheru and the two decendants I would have to go with him. I picture him living somewhere out of the way on Genebackis, doing what whiskeyjack told paran to do.

Talon of the Hawk would be a great fit in Wu. Pick a spot for him anywhere, Crimson Guard. Seguleh. Malaz.

gotta put Talon of the Silver Hawk in the Seguleh or Crimson guard cuz of his talent with the blade(my vote for crimson guard because he has led his own mercanary company a time or two)............to bad fiest is letttin Talon of the silver hawk fade away as he moves on in the series........needs to bring him back with a vengance

I like to think of Kaspar a little bit like dujek.....both great military leaders

Jimmy the Hand could be in the Claw or preferabbly the talon........fiddlersdrum doesnt like the claw

#17 User is offline   Blacksox 

• Captain

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

Uthur Dul (The Scar)
The Weaver(Perdido Street Station)
Goblin and One Eye (The Black Company)
The Limper (Black Company)
Cnuair (The Pince of Nothing)
Kellhuas(The Prince of Nothing)
Logain (Wheel Of Time)
Mazzrim Taim(Wheel Of Time)
Dog Lord (Sword Of Shadows)
Raif Severence(Sword Of Shadows)
Mal Naysayer(Sword Of Shadows)

#18 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Bayaz and Logen Ninefingers from Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy.

I'd love to see Bayaz meet someone that can match his power and puncture his arrogance. And Logen with his Bloody-Nine persona going against Mad Icarium would be a fight I'd love to see.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

The Bloody nine is just a skizophrenic barbarian from what I gathered of the first book. He'd be turned into barbarian puré in a fight against Icarium.

I would rather see Logen fight a mortal opponent, like Kalam or Tarr or Trotts.

#20 User is offline   magicrealist 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Kellhus being the seguleh first.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users